Cell phone holder for 97 Honda VFR 750?

97VFR750F

• Member Contributer

This is what I have used for quite awhile for my 6s. You can adjust the sides for whatever case you have on your phone and the springs work great.

http://www.amazon.com/Mounts-RAM-HOL-PD3U-Universal-Spring-Loaded/dp/B0088LL7UA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, 97VFR750F said:

Thanks Doc4216. I has good reviews too!

Note that the part usually requires a mount of some sort, which will add to the cost of the holder by itself. Although it might ultimately end up costing a little more than your budget, the Ram Mount stuff is worth the extra expense IMO. 

Ok thanks for the heads-up.  That was my next question.  It looked like it might need a mount.  Any suggestions?  I would prefer to not have to modify anything on the motorcycle, but I will if I have to.  :)

I have a Ram mount on the way that acts as half the clamp for the brake or clutch reservoir. They also have U-bolt mounts if you have somewhere to put on, or several that can use existing bolt holes.

• Member Contributer

I also suggest the one jhenley is getting. There's also one that you can get that uses the steering stem but it is hard to find on Ram Mounts web site because it's not listed under the motorcycle mount section. I'll see if I can find the part number.

My mount came in today and I have to say, it's definitely worth the price. I had to cut about an inch off the bolts on my 8th gen, but other than that, it's very sturdy and well-designed. I'm using it for a GoPro, but I'm very impressed and will be ordering a cell phone mount tonight. My new gloves work with cell phone screens, so it'll be very useful for nav and music.

• Member Contributer

Here's a shot of the one I used on my '01. Here is the part number and link to the steering stem mount. Note that the photo depicts the X-Grip phone mount and a short double socket arm.

RAP-B-354-75U  http://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-B-354-75U

IMG_0014_zpskztb7az0.jpg

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, 97VFR750F said:

I like the idea of installing on the steering stem.  Can you recommend the part numbers that fit our VFR's the best?

I bought the steering stem mount from RAM and if I was to do it all over again I would get the mount from VFR member huntingguns assuming that he still makes them.  I had to modify the RAM steering stem mount and use a different bolt to get it tight enough to not spin.

-Gordon

Archived