Strange sight indeed...

I was on my typical Saturday loop:  The Dragon around 0900, perusing bikes at Deals Gap for a bit, and riding the Cherohala Skyway back into Maryville.

While I was sitting watching bikes at the Deals Gap parking area, I saw a guy doubling another guy in cycling gear on a motorcycle with a bicycle mounted to the back.  The motorcycle actually had a bike rack mounted to the tail.  If that wasn't strange enough, right behind them was an older woman on a Vespa scooter.  And yes, they rode across the Dragon...

5-2-2016 307.jpg

The woman with her hands on her temples rode the Vespa.

I didn't post this to mock these fellow brother and sister riders;  I applaud those who think out of the box and doing their "own thing".

Still a strange sight though...

Scott L.

• Member Contributer

Or mount it on top of your bike....

IMAG3948-1600x905.jpg

• Member Contributer

Someone on VFRD actually made a bicycle rack for his 5th gen.  It was a yellow one, IIRC.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I've seen a few bike racks on motorcycles but never one mounted laterally across the motorcycle. I guess being mounted on this cruiser, side-leaning clearance probably is not as much of an issue as it would be on a sport bike. 

• Member Contributer

One more.....

I think Timmythecop wants one of these :-)

IMAG3956.jpg

• Member Contributer

MEEP MEEP!!!!!

A few years ago a colleague of mine rode pillion on a PX300 from Milano, Italy to Amsterdam, NL and back.

All one needs is time...

14 hours ago, The mailman said:

I've seen a few bike racks on motorcycles but never one mounted laterally across the motorcycle

Yes, that makes lane sharing rather difficult.

mtbdragervfr.jpg

VFRBike1.jpg

You never know, she could have turbo charged that Vespa... And then put an air horn on it. *HONK HONK*!!!! But can we just talk about how lucky you are that the Dragon is close enough to be on your "typical Saturday loop"? We have nothing like that here in NoVA. Closest thing is Skyline drive out west and cops just love sitting at every turn to catch motos. And if you're there on a weekend that's usually not a big deal because traffic goes at a snails pace anyways. Beautiful ride, but its quite far from here.

• Forum CEO

I would love to ride the Dragon on my pcx150 scooter I bet it would be fantastic to ride on my little scooter, it handles like a sportbike but doesn't have the awesome power of the veefalo, but I can sure toss it into turns much quicker!

Archived