Forum Theme perhaps in the future?

I know we just got back up and running, so I don't want to load HS up with requests. However I wanted to put this out there while it was in my head. 

Since the site is not working with Tapatalk currently, we have to use the mobile site. Perhaps it is just me, but I am lost not a fan yet of the new layout. I also don't like a bright screen to try and read forums. Darker themes are easier to read in my opinion and there is the belief that it saves some battery in regards to screen power draw. So if possible, could be have a dark theme?

4 hours ago, marriedman said:

I know we just got back up and running, so I don't want to load HS up with requests. However I wanted to put this out there while it was in my head. 

Perhaps it is just me, but I am lost not a fan yet of the new layout.

I have to agree...no offense to HS, but I don't like the new site at all.  I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, but I guess I've just gotten too used to vBulliten forums to use anything else.  I may have to say goodbye to VFRD for awhile.

• Member Contributer

I'm sure HS is on it. But it took him days just to get the new site functioning. Figure another month before all the main features are up and running.

• Member Contributer

Is this the "mobile version" of the forum?  Frankly, I'm finding it tough going at the moment.  I hope it gets sorted soon...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I'm the exact opposite. I can't read white text on dark backgrounds for more than a minute or so. Screws up my rods and cones. And the new layout is fine with me as well. I'm sure there will be more tweaks as we go along. I'm just glad it's back.

I do wish my old post count was back, as meager as it was:)

• Member Contributer

As for my diminished "high score" (i was right up there!!!!):

it is not the size of my pencil

but how i write my name I guess   :-)

Archived