PRB's 3rd Annual Fall Ride (Oct. 6-9th @ Greene's Motel, Boone, NC)

PirateRiderBen

IMG_3097.JPG

Dinning alone at the fabulous Greene's Motel.

IMG_3100.JPG

Friday was a wash except for the Carver Crew. They rode in with the rain on Thursday at midnight and out with it Friday morning before ten. Hardcore.

IMG_3102.JPG

How you smuggle your fifth gen across the border. Still not sure about all these Canadians and where they really come from. They all drink Coors.

IMG_3103.JPG

This is a local thing. Nice marketing, I was so tempted.

IMG_3110.JPG

Our Saturday ride began in a light rain and ended in a light rain.

IMG_3111.JPG

Two years after the Bass Flop, coolant leak. Made it back to the motel at least.

IMG_3112.JPG

Imagine having a phone call at midnight on Saturday..."Honey, I'm coming in about an hour with ten of my riding buddies who need a place to spend the next three days."  

You meet the nicest people....

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Made it home safely last night after a 13 hour drive... yes to Canada Randy!

A huge thanks to the whole Ealy family for organizing this event and hosting the last three days of it ! Your generosity and hospitality is much appreciated :)

Just having a snack while writing this and thought of Bob and Randy. Lol

1476322232569.jpg

1476322355728.jpg

Made it home safely last night after a 13 hour drive... yes to Canada Randy!
A huge thanks to the whole Ealy family for organizing this event and hosting the last three days of it ! Your generosity and hospitality is much appreciated :)
Just having a snack while writing this and thought of Bob and Randy. Lol
1476322232569.jpg
1476322355728.jpg

Everyone enjoyed your nuts. Must have been the honey. Nice of you to share them. Glad you made it home with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

First day after I installed my rear tire.... and its gone!

20161006_162251.jpgSide trip to Casa de Carver.  A diamond in the rough.  20161007_180352.jpg

Phenomenal burgers are made here... and they're gone.

20161007_192430.jpg

Mood lighting:  the best way to relax when a hurricane is raining on your friends.

20161007_194511.jpg

Here is Hurricane Matthew about to kick my tail riding back to my soaked friends. The things I do for VFRD members (but mostly Angeli).  Riding towards a hurricane is added to the list of things that sound sort of interesting, but really are quite stupid.  Well, at least on the VFR.  The 500 doesn't even need roads to chase a hurricane.  Heavy fog is now right below ice storm for road conditions to avoid.  I took my chances on the hairpins of NC80 down the mountain with wet leaves and tree branches everywhere over the Parkway with heavy fog and 23mph average speed for about 10 miles.  Why did I leave Maryville, TN?20161008_181615.jpg

20161008_181637.jpg

2 beautiful days of riding following the hurricane.  A lifetime of memories.  Special thanks to all the VFRD members who continually go above and beyond to make these events worthwhile in spite of adversity. 

20161010_175244.jpg

Angeli and Archer Puppy passed out after a long week.  Is it time for vacation?

20161011_213155.jpg

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

Everyone enjoyed your nuts. Must have been the honey. Nice of you to share them. Glad you made it home with them.

It was my pleasure, I think its the combination of sweet and salty that you enjoyed, and yes my nuts got a lot of miles on them this past week.

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, PirateRiderBen said:

Dad and I are rolling laughing reading this! :goofy:

After leaving your place I thought to myself, I should have left my nuts on your kitchen counter for your Dad to finish off.

• Member Contributer

I enjoyed Rick's nuts as well! Talk about a guy that shares everything! Kudos to Ealy family! Great people. My radiator was repairable, should have it back tomorrow.

• Member Contributer
53 minutes ago, AaronB said:

I enjoyed Rick's nuts as well! Talk about a guy that shares everything! Kudos to Ealy family! Great people. My radiator was repairable, should have it back tomorrow.

Happy to share.

Told you we could have fixed it!

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, Sweeper said:

IMG_3102.JPG

How you smuggle your fifth gen across the border. Still not sure about all these Canadians and where they really come from. They all drink Coors.

Apparently, Canadians mount their rear tire backwards for the snow.  Who knew?

1 hour ago, AaronB said:

Seb fixes radiators that need fixing.  I donated my last leaky one to the cause.

Archived