PRB's 3rd Annual Fall Ride (Oct. 6-9th @ Greene's Motel, Boone, NC)

PirateRiderBen

2 minutes ago, zeer0 said:

I've stayed in worse, like, blood in the bathroom worse.

I think there was blood in MY bathroom....but at least it was dried blood. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Just now, Trace said:

I think there was blood in MY bathroom....but at least it was dried blood. 

See, not that bad!

5 minutes ago, Trace said:

Ben, I don't think you should waste another minute of your time worrying about this issue (that I generated).  Your decision-tree for staying at the Greene is spot-on, and you are correct that it will work just fine for nearly everybody.  The location and access to food, Lowe's, booze....cannot be beat.  Hell, I may even relent and stay there again (Ugh!).  And if not, me or anyone else who wants to spend more money can do so.  It's as simple as that.  Stick to your plan. 

I just hope the utility crews don't back their trucks/trailers over everyone's bikes........  :goofy:

I appreciate that Trace. I'll be at the Greene's Motel myself unless something better comes up in the 100$ or less range, which it probably won't. 

Ben, Greene's is fine for the few beer-fueled hours spent unconscious approaching/on/partially off the bed.  

Most of the action is on the roads, bull$hitting at dinner, and then more bull$hitting in the parking lot afterwards.

Boone has a great central location and food options as well.  Quite satisfied to stay there again this year.

Elwood:
Wasn't lies, it was just... bullshit.

• Member Contributer

Ben has considered all the angles.  Greene's has the best balance of location, price, and tolerance for hooliganism.  Maybe Trace can convince the owners to make suitable repairs?

• Member Contributer
On 5/31/2016 at 7:08 PM, 007 said:

What about Jefferson or Bryson City?

I organized a Fall Fail Ride a few years ago that centered from the Tri Cities area and Boone is hard to beat for short distance to multiple directions.

Bristol comes to mind but not much decent heading north from there that I could find.

• Member Contributer
On 5/31/2016 at 6:46 PM, 007 said:

There is Tributary Restaurant, Panda Garden, and Mike's BBQ.  Not to mention Shady Valley Country Store and the restaurant across the street where Ben and I ate while the Country Store was closed.  Last I checked, I sleep in the motel room and enjoy the riding, company, and outdoors just the same.  If Matt brings the scotch with a keg, I think that will work nicely for the short week or so.  There is an ABC store in Mountain City.  I'm sure there is more.  The Snake reminds me of 28 minus the traffic, intersections, and driveways.  No better road.

The keg of scotch will attend.  You guys gave it a noble effort, but I believe that Johnnie got the best of you.....  Especially Aaron.......

20160529_195840.jpg

• Member Contributer
13 minutes ago, whitelightning said:

The keg of scotch will attend.  You guys gave it a noble effort, but I believe that Johnnie got the best of you.....  Especially Aaron.......

20160529_195840.jpg

I don't remember...

Rode the new bike to the DMV today. No line!!!!! 

Computers were down.

So I need a tag, new tires, valve stems, brakes bled, and the rear shock shimmed. I may have to ride the silver bike since I've not had time to think about selling it.

15 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

Rode the new bike to the DMV today. No line!!!!! 

Computers were down.

So I need a tag, new tires, valve stems, brakes bled, and the rear shock shimmed. I may have to ride the silver bike since I've not had time to think about selling it.

Greene's has a covered breezeway.....

7 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Same weekend as the  Vintage Race at Barber.

David, where have you been and how are u doing?

Are you planning to do the Fall Ride?

BR

- Vacation booked, check! 

- Hotel booked, check!.  

- Look on the forum to make sure the ride hasn't been canceled, check!

- order a new set of Q3s during rebate period, check!

- spend from now 'till Oct.06 with arms crossed, looking at watch and calendar and tapping foot.  :wink:

I think I should go to this, especially since I had to cancel riding in Tenn, Germany AND Iceland already this year. (its 6 hrs 45 mins from door to door) 

50 minutes ago, timmythecop said:

I think I should go to this, especially since I had to cancel riding in Tenn, Germany AND Iceland already this year. (its 6 hrs 45 mins from door to door) 

I'll make sure they have the flattest of flat black Parking spaces reserved for your arrival. 

-PRB

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:56 AM, 007 said:

Maybe Trace can convince the owners to make suitable repairs?

Bulldozer...........

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Trace said:

Bulldozer...........

Some rough weather there last week...I heard a major storm system hit Greene's and did almost a quarter million in improvements. :goofy:

• Member Contributer
On 6/10/2016 at 5:41 PM, timmythecop said:

This is one where you pack sangria on the VFR and ride to the motel.   No one will notice you are wearing the same clothes every day or stink at Greene's, except maybe Trace.  I plan to distract him by parking the Duckling even closer to the Ducs this time.  Maybe, just maybe, they will let me ride with them on a stupid commuter bike.  It will look something like the pic below.

IMG_9314.JPG

Archived