We're back - woot!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I've been down for a month+ as my wife had some very unexpected major brain surgery and I just got the chance to fire VFRD back up....Lots of things different now (or maybe just FOR NOW). New web designs are always a challenge for the user as well as the webmaster. I panicked when I hit my regular favorites on my home page and it said NOT AVAILABLE. Knowing we go through big changes every couple of years, I went at it the old fashioned way and typed it in my Google bar and presto - something similar at least! Now I feel like my wife re-learning everything! Like many others, I thought it might have gone under as I have been very occupied lately haven't had much "ME" time.

I guess the only thing I'm missing for now is my favorite "Since my last visit" tab.

Thanks HS for all you do. 

• Member Contributer

So, when I look at the threads in the various forums it no longer says when the last post was made to that thread.  Is this the new normal or is there a way to activate this seemingly important feature?

• Member Contributer

I get an error (Oops, something went wrong) code EX1364 when trying to access the site with my phone.  Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, The mailman said:

I've been down for a month+ as my wife had some very unexpected major brain surgery and I just got the chance to fire VFRD back up....Lots of things different now (or maybe just FOR NOW). New web designs are always a challenge for the user as well as the webmaster. I panicked when I hit my regular favorites on my home page and it said NOT AVAILABLE. Knowing we go through big changes every couple of years, I went at it the old fashioned way and typed it in my Google bar and presto - something similar at least! Now I feel like my wife re-learning everything! Like many others, I thought it might have gone under as I have been very occupied lately haven't had much "ME" time.

I guess the only thing I'm missing for now is my favorite "Since my last visit" tab.

Thanks HS for all you do. 

DOUBLE WOOT WITH A BACK FLIP ----- I found the "Since my last visit" tab! 

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, swimmer said:

I get an error (Oops, something went wrong) code EX1364 when trying to access the site with my phone.  Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

Working fine on my Android.  

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, The mailman said:

DOUBLE WOOT WITH A BACK FLIP ----- I found the "Since my last visit" tab! 

Now all I need is the "view first unread post" within each thread.

(and the emoticons!) <g>

Ciao,

• Forum CEO
19 hours ago, swimmer said:

So, when I look at the threads in the various forums it no longer says when the last post was made to that thread.  Is this the new normal or is there a way to activate this seemingly important feature?

I added those words on the last version, it was just a star in front of the topic, or a blue dot

18 hours ago, swimmer said:

I was probably working on the site at the time, I was trying to install a new module around the time you posted this

I can only imagine some of the simpler work let alone the real grind that would have been required to bring the Forum back to life.

Without this meeting place a lot of us would have been adrift looking for our VFR info and contacts.

Thank you Miguel for your time and ongoing efforts. This new version is looking GOOD!

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, HispanicSlammer said:

I added those words on the last version, it was just a star in front of the topic, or a blue dot

I was probably working on the site at the time, I was trying to install a new module around the time you posted this

Nope.  I am still getting the error when trying to access the site on my phone.  Android.  No matter which page of the site I try to go to or whether I try to force the desktop version with my phone I get an error. "Something went wrong. Please try again".

There seems to be no way to request the desktop version through the site is that correct?

• Member Contributer

Using my pc, when I look at the threads on this page I can see when the last post was made to a thread and how many replies have been made to that thread.  When I go the the 7th gen forum page I can't see either of those.  Just a list of the threads with "votes" and "answers" next to the thread titles.  How do I get the 7th gen forum to look like this one where I can see when the last post was?

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, V4 Rosso said:

Like before, clicking on the blue dot or star in front of the thread title brings you to the first unread post.

I did not know that--before either! 

Cheers,

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, V4 Rosso said:

Like before, clicking on the blue dot or star in front of the thread title brings you to the first unread post.

Is a blue star vs a blue dot noting anything significant?  I can't seem to see any difference.

1 hour ago, Cogswell said:

Is a blue star vs a blue dot noting anything significant?  I can't seem to see any difference.

Star means that you have commented in that thread, dot just means there is new unread posts.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, marriedman said:

Star means that you have commented in that thread, dot just means there is new unread posts.

Thanks for the clarification!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, motormike said:

Testing 1, 2, 3.  My first post winter post.

Keep 'em coming!

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, motormike said:

Testing 1, 2, 3.  My first post winter post.

About time! We've got work to do.

• Member Contributer

I still can't access the site from my phone. Cleared history from my phone and it still doesn't work. 

Archived