1983 Vf750F Resurrection

andy1100

• Member Contributer
  • Bike looks like new. I always fancied one of these, but the chocolate cams put me off.

Re the tyre fit, DON'T use dish soap, use CAR WASH, reason for this is dish soap is salt based which is the main cleaning agent, car wash is salt free, but just as slippery !  The soap remains when the dish soap dries & will continue to suck moisture under the tyre seal on the bead & corrode the bead sealing flat surface !

Keep up the good work, we need more V4's on the road :)

20 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Bike looks like new.

Ha..ha...That's an illusion of the 6 foot photo

Thanks for the advice for tire install, didn't think about that aspect

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 5/14/2016 at 1:14 PM, Allyance said:

I did my 83 last summer, paint & powder coat, replaced just about all the rubber parts & seals (Ozone & age makes them brittle), OEM part are all available on Partzilla. Any aluminum parts that are really bad should be sent to Nils Menton at Restocycle.com to be cleaned up by Vapor Blasting NOT sand or glass beading. Results are truly amazing, wish I knew about him before I did mine. Your brakes would look great. I was lucky, mine sat with DOT 5 fluid in the clutch & brakes, and it looked as good as new. Mine spares with Dot 4 were all gummed up.

If your shock doesn't work out I have two low mileage original shocks. Mine has a FOX rear shock.

Hey thank you VERY MUCH for the referral. 

Yes, we do vapor blasting for folks all over the country, and we offer free shipping now and so we are as far away as your local UPS store. Please be in touch if we can help with your project, but being in BC I think you might be best off with someone in Canada.  

Great project so far, hope you can get back into it soon. 

Nils Menten

RestoCycle LLC

www.restocycle.com

On 8/20/2017 at 1:11 PM, NobleHops said:

Hey thank you VERY MUCH for the referral. 

Yes, we do vapor blasting for folks all over the country, and we offer free shipping now and so we are as far away as your local UPS store. Please be in touch if we can help with your project, but being in BC I think you might be best off with someone in Canada.  

Great project so far, hope you can get back into it soon. 

Nils Menten

RestoCycle LLC

www.restocycle.com

Nils, why is vapor blasting superior to media blasting (just asking) and how much per piece (average)?

Archived