Veefour Electronic Cruise Control, Installed And Tested

swimmer

On 2/28/2019 at 11:00 PM, vfr1200f said:

We've been installing Prez's ECC on three bikes last saturday, two crosstourers with DCT (2017 and 2018) and my F manual model (2014).

We opted for two new 3-button controllers and one ECC had to be moved from my friend's new bike to his old one (he had already one with 4buttons).

Everything went great, the install took all day (on 3 bikes, 2 new and one swap). I just put my controller under the base of the tank, where the evap tank sits on euro4 models, but mine had no evap.

I avoided installing it near the abs modulator (right side) as it blocks the air streamline to the airbox. The evap tank location was perfect for me and we added some soft "spongy" material to keep it from rattling or moving within the space. The cables were long enough to allow repositioning.

I took my bike for a ride today as it was very cold until now (below and just above freezing)..

The bike took a little longer to start, probably due to removal of the tank and the fuel lines getting air into them. I let it supply the gas several times and after a very long push of the button it finally started. Usually it starts instantly. It ran a little bit in 3 cylinders but things turned smooth soon. I was starting to have my doubts, i must admit. 

When pulling the clutch with the system ON it just over-revs by 1000-1500 rpms but it's well kept under control. The clutch and brakes disengage the system, hard acceleration also cuts the system.

Now everything works great (as advertised), bike starts normal, the ECC is bloody excellent, i can give my right hand a rest on long runs.

I bow in front of you, Prez. Thank you!

Just a few pics, there was no time for taking more!

Later edit:

the crosstourer forum links above do not work anymore, they require login to their website.

Thanks for the feedback - so happy to see everything up and running :)

No more vendor section on crosstourer forum - too expensive.

Everything's on my website tho:
https://www.v-performance.pl/en/cruise-control

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
24 minutes ago, veeefour said:

Thanks for the feedback - so happy to see everything up and running 🙂

No more vendor section on crosstourer forum - too expensive.

Everything's on my website tho:
https://www.v-performance.pl/en/cruise-control

I'm in Arizona, likely your most recent customer. My to-do list is yards long but I'll get it installed this weekend to make sure I don't go beyond 30 days after. Can't wait and thanks again for making these!

David

1 hour ago, Chromedome said:

I'm in Arizona, likely your most recent customer. My to-do list is yards long but I'll get it installed this weekend to make sure I don't go beyond 30 days after. Can't wait and thanks again for making these!

David

You're welcome :)

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

I have a VFR 1200 CROSSTOURER DCT 2018 and I'm interested by this cruise control.

Is anybody have got a picture of the latest model of the FULL version of VeeFour ? Cause I don't understand differences between 4 buttoms, 3 buttoms, 2 buttoms version.

Is it difficult and risky to instal ?

I live in France. How and where can I buy it ?

Thanks for your help,

Hélion

• Member Contributer
On 4/30/2019 at 1:59 AM, BBOBB said:

Hi everybody,

I have a VFR 1200 CROSSTOURER DCT 2018 and I'm interested by this cruise control.

Is anybody have got a picture of the latest model of the FULL version of VeeFour ? Cause I don't understand differences between 4 buttoms, 3 buttoms, 2 buttoms version.

Is it difficult and risky to instal ?

I live in France. How and where can I buy it ?

Thanks for your help,

Hélion

His contact information is in the post above yours.

Archived