Veefour Electronic Cruise Control, Installed And Tested

swimmer

1 hour ago, fotodadi said:

If only we could have a letter or 2 or 3 etched out under/above the buttons. There is space so.....just above and beneath the LEDs.

:ON", "MEM", "SET", "RES" that would just make everything simply AWESOME....especially on the square unit. So Prez...what do you think?

once you've used it a few times the legend would be redundant. I don't consider it a necessary expense. If it isn't 2nd nature then you shouldn't be using it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DavidField said:

once you've used it a few times the legend would be redundant. I don't consider it a necessary expense. If it isn't 2nd nature then you shouldn't be using it.

I agree Dave, if you need to look then you have bigger problems than setting your CC
Though in saying that, in keeping with standard motorcycle switches these are all labelled with little graphics which I can't recall having ever looked at except when standing next to the bike..

I just couldn't operate the original rocker switches at all with normal gloves on, even with my lighter weight summer gloves it was hit or miss as to whether I could get it to operate. Now with the new switch it's very simple.., so easy in fact, that I set the MEM button to 22mph and use it every day in the stupid 20mph zones that have sprung up in the main thoroughfares in Edinburgh.

Just discovered (I know its taken me a long time) that the ECC is even better than that on cars. It retains BOTH memory settings even after the bike is switched off!! So for weekday riding when I go thorough 20 MPH and 30 MPH zones I don't have to reset the standard memory. The MEM button and the Resume button both retain their settings after switching off.

Autumn sale!

My workshop will be closed in the most part of the October and probably a week or two in November.

Last orders by 24th of September and fixed prices for FULL version for everyone:

380 EU for FULL kit either F or X model.

Normal shipping charges:
15 EU - shipping within EU
20 EU - shipping to US or CAN
25 EU - shipping to AU

Even even better: only now, in this sale push-button switch free of charge!

Be sure to grab yours before it's too late :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2017 at 6:12 PM, DavidField said:

I just couldn't operate the original rocker switches at all with normal gloves on.

I had the same problem with my original rocker switch.  I have a new rocker switch and it's night and day.  With the old rocker I had to be very deliberate with the button presses for them to register.  With the new rocker switch I just give the rocker a poke and the input always registers.  I don't know if it's just a different lot of components or what.  I was dead set on getting the push buttons before and now I don't think I need them... however the square is the best looking IMHO.

@veeefour Are you ready for me to send back my old unit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I just uninstalled the ecc front a 2010 dct to install it on my brand new 2013 dct. Should have taken pictures as I don't remember where the black wire connects to ?

Also, the 2 plugs from ecc harness in the picture ? One connects to the oem plug and the other one ???

20171017_000440[1].jpg

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, swimmer said:

Are those the plugs running to the front left of the bike or running to the rear of the bike?

front left of the bike

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, Normand said:

front left of the bike

Got a response from Prez, simple, plug to oem connector and use the free connector for accessory quartet harness.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

New switch version around the corner that will have built-in LED's in push-buttons.

Some wanted a simplified version with even smaller controller - so here you go  :002:

Key features:
-ECC will always stay ON - no more ON/OFF button.
-middle MEMORY push-buton with green LED will inform that ECC is on and ready to go
-upper SET/+  push-button with red LED will illuminate when the ECC is engaged.
-lower RES/- push-button with STATUS red LED - it will indicate few things like: brake applied, clutch applied, pressed button, faulty conditions etc.

New switch.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New switch release date: end of April/beginning of May.

We are going to take some time off for the most part of April - last orders until the end of the next week. 
For those 2 weeks left: free push-button switch upgrade for new customers.

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer
On October 17, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Normand said:

Got a response from Prez, simple, plug to oem connector and use the free connector for accessory quartet harness.

PM sent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, veeefour said:

Guys, I'm not checking this that often anymore. Please feel free to email me directly: veeefour.ecc@gmail.com

For Info:

I had to type the email address to get it to work... it won't just copy and paste directly.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We've been installing Prez's ECC on three bikes last saturday, two crosstourers with DCT (2017 and 2018) and my F manual model (2014).

We opted for two new 3-button controllers and one ECC had to be moved from my friend's new bike to his old one (he had already one with 4buttons).

Everything went great, the install took all day (on 3 bikes, 2 new and one swap). I just put my controller under the base of the tank, where the evap tank sits on euro4 models, but mine had no evap.

I avoided installing it near the abs modulator (right side) as it blocks the air streamline to the airbox. The evap tank location was perfect for me and we added some soft "spongy" material to keep it from rattling or moving within the space. The cables were long enough to allow repositioning.

I took my bike for a ride today as it was very cold until now (below and just above freezing)..

The bike took a little longer to start, probably due to removal of the tank and the fuel lines getting air into them. I let it supply the gas several times and after a very long push of the button it finally started. Usually it starts instantly. It ran a little bit in 3 cylinders but things turned smooth soon. I was starting to have my doubts, i must admit. 

When pulling the clutch with the system ON it just over-revs by 1000-1500 rpms but it's well kept under control. The clutch and brakes disengage the system, hard acceleration also cuts the system.

Now everything works great (as advertised), bike starts normal, the ECC is bloody excellent, i can give my right hand a rest on long runs.

I bow in front of you, Prez. Thank you!

Just a few pics, there was no time for taking more!

20190223_125329.jpg

20190223_125343.jpg

20190223_123339.jpg

20190228_235119.jpg

20190223_204738.jpg

20190223_103825.jpg

20190228_235520.jpg

Later edit:

the crosstourer forum links above do not work anymore, they require login to their website.

• Member Contributer

I'm in. Sending an email. I was going to try to avoid dropping wads of cash on this bike so soon but I already know I love the bike. 

Archived