Goodbye Vicky ! ( 8Th Gen ) Helloooo Natasha ! Zzr14 2015

• Member Contributer

Honda dealer made me a deal i could not refuse,

so i did it.

i already miss the vfr, but after almost 22000kms i wanted a change.

If i had the cash i would have kept the vfr, but alas i do not .

so because i do not have the money to have a different bike for every day of the week ( i would probably need more days in the week too for all the bikes i crave :wink: ) i took the deal .

( they gave me 1500€-2000€ more than i could have hoped to get by selling it myself, and the zzr is 10 months old with 5000kms and 4500€ cheaper than the new out the door price the first owner paid, he changes every year for a new one apparently)

over a years warranty left.

really would have liked to keep the vfr, but hey, thats life .

i really do adore this forum, i'll be hanging around for sure.

perhaps if i'm lucky, ill pick up a 5th gen one day soon .

take care

Rob .

bye bye baby :sad2:

post-31156-0-22908400-1459278721.jpg

helloooooo Natasha !!!! :woohoo:

post-31156-0-15348400-1459278866.jpgpost-31156-0-92542100-1459278907.jpg

post-31156-0-49211400-1459279010.jpgpost-31156-0-46189300-1459279088.jpgpost-31156-0-53635500-1459279147.jpg

Two kweschuns: (1) Why do your bikes have names?

(2) Why isn't 'Natasha' something begining with 'Z' (Zelda? Zoe? Zara?)

Oh - and congratulations/commiserations!

(2) "Ninja," if I had to guess. I don't know if they call it thay there or not.

• Member Contributer

Might be considered heresy but I've always wanted to paint my Viffer that color. Congrats on the new machine. Personally I'm not sure I'd want a bigger bike than my Viffer but the Kawi sure is easy on the eyes.

Kawasaki store down the street had that exact bike I was checking out not long ago. That green really pops in person up close. Sales guy said that bike is scary fast and you better know what you are doing when riding it. He said the power of that bike can get away from you pronto if you are not paying attention. Stay safe.

• Member Contributer

Congratulations Rob the Kwaka looks mean. Did they finally sort out the issue with the VFR? Be interesting to know the final outcome of your tricky intermittent fault.

All the Best Rob, ride safe.

Cheers.

Grum

• Member Contributer

Nice! Congrats!!

Looks heavier but fun. Is it? Will this be a better tourer?

Nothing like a new set of wheels to make you feel alive.

C

Hi Polarbear,

yip, it is heavier, standard they weigh 268 kgs, with the Leo vince end cans it cuts 10kgs off so 258kgs aint too bad for the bike it is .

so it's like 18kgs heavier than the 8th gen vfr give or take a kg .

As for a first ride impression, the dealer put new tyres on it ( Dunlops sportmax ) so im still being rather careful riding them in.

roads were wet this morning for the 40 odd km ride to work so i had it in rain mode (limited to 75bph back wheel and KTRC3 traction control level 3) just to be safe .

feels very lite for its weight, really comfortable, however i feel the weight pushing it around in the garage, not too many places to grab on it iether.

Feeling the wind on my chest a lot more than the vfr, ( have ordered the higher Kawa screen already ) .

You can really feel the power in this thing though, WoW .......

Does make me feel alive, has not fully sunken in yet though,

never thought id ever get to have something like this . :blush:

Personally;

the 8th gen did nothing perfectly for/to me,

But it did/does do everything and i mean everything very well .

I think this bike could be fun to tour on, not sure if it would be better, equel or not as good as the vfr, who knows,

different strokes different folks .

rob.

• Member Contributer

(2) "Ninja," if I had to guess. I don't know if they call it thay there or not.

Do you speak Ninja !! :ph34r: :tongue2:

Right on the money jhenley17 !!

unfortunately they are just simple zzr1400 here in France . classed as a tourer by Kawa .

to me it'll always be a ninja though . ( i always wanted a gpz900 too) :tour: anyways ...

and as to why they are all named : :unsure2: not too sure, just something i do, most laugh at me, but it does not stop me from thanking the bike after every ride and giving it a kiss now and again .

( i know, if the people in white coats hear me i get free tickets to the looney bin ) :laughing6-hehe:

i have a lot of respect for this bikes power, and any and all bikes i get to ride for that matter .

i'll take my time, we'll get to know each other soon enough, but for now i'll ride like a grandma !!

As we say in french

Bonne route !! to all ..... ( basically translated for those who might not know, have a good/safe journey/ride/voyage ) .

rob.

• Member Contributer

The ZX-14's more civilized older brother, the Concours 14, is on my must have list.

The motor is amazing.

i think it's a little heavier no ? not sure id like to push it around, then again it is for riding around, not pushing . :491:

• Member Contributer

Too bad they limit you to 100hp back in the homeland. I rode my brother in law's Honda CBR1100XX a couple of years ago, and while it was torquier than the VFR, it just ran out of breath up top and ended up not feeling much faster than my good old 750.

Is your ZZR "debridee?"

• Member Contributer

Too bad they limit you to 100hp back in the homeland. I rode my brother in law's Honda CBR1100XX a couple of years ago, and while it was torquier than the VFR, it just ran out of breath up top and ended up not feeling much faster than my good old 750.

Is your ZZR "debridee?"

in 2 weeks time, Yes it will be !!

Kawa france already has a mass order in for the new CDI's .

the french law was crushed by the european union and as from 1 Jan 2016 all pre 2016 bikes with abs and that are euro 3 compliant as well as new 2016 euro 4 compliant bikes can be full power .

( this is why the H2R was not available in france till 01/2016, Kawa waited for 2016 )

the french are bike mad, and this has hurt sales over the years .

that french law was pointless , most people never respected it,

and like the KTM RC8R i had, the governing came in to play when you were like in the 240-255 kph range already. had no effect whatsoever on the torque ( what the hell was the point ) .

anyways......

(CBR1100xx in black with the red xx, ooooooooooooh so pretty )

The ZX-14's more civilized older brother, the Concours 14, is on my must have list.

The motor is amazing.

i think it's a little heavier no ? not sure id like to push it around, then again it is for riding around, not pushing . :491:

Yeah she rings in at 690 pounds. But once moving its shockingly agile and for touring, or two up there's not much better than the combo of comfort, practicality, and power for the money.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

just a couple pics :

arriving at work and then in the garage with the new seat cowl and performance screen . instead of having the wind on my chest / shoulders i now have it in the face, it is however more comfortable, just gotta tuck in at higher speeds .

:)

IMG_20160414_070942796_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160420_193951542.jpg

• Member Contributer

I've always liked the 14 (more so than the Busa, anyway). Now imagine if Honda had increased the VFR1200's displacement an additional 63 cc's (for a total of 1300) and had gone with the alternate design they had in mind (see below).

The current generation Busa has been around since '08 and the current generation 14 has been around since '12. The K1200S/1300S has been around since '04. It's gonna be interesting to see what Suzuki, Kawasaki, and BMW come up with to replace them.

VFR1200 concept.jpg

Archived