Part Swapping W/rc213V-S?

• Member Contributer

Parts microfiche are up:

MJT4F5000.gif

I still don't know what its Model Number (e.g., RC46) is, but its PCN is "MJT", so any Honda part number that code in the middle position was originally designed for the RC213V-S.

HRC bar end mirrors, anyone? A snip at $2,303.60...each!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

just looked up the bike for giggles after seeing this post. 21000 head, 5000$ cam shaft $50,000 crankcase/block

$1,500 gasket kit $430 rear sprocket, $10,000 rear wheel. I should buy one of those and part the bitch out.

looked up dealer price just to show $27,000 dealer for that $50,000 msrp block

• Member Contributer

just to put it in perspective a 2015 vfr800fd crankcase/block is $1,700 dealer and $2,500 msrp

oh and these are all USD prices

• Member Contributer

I like the inlet and exhaust valve prices!

Inlet = $962.15 ea

Exhaust = $737.56 ea

Now multiply those by 8 each. $7697.20 and $5900.48 a set.

Don't think I'd want to over rev and clip a few!

I like the inlet and exhaust valve prices!

Inlet = $962.15 ea

Exhaust = $737.56 ea

Now multiply those by 8 each. $7697.20 and $5900.48 a set.

Don't think I'd want to over rev and clip a few!

Never ride your museum piece.

• Member Contributer

Parts microfiche are up:

I still don't know what its Model Number (e.g., RC46) is, but its PCN is "MJT",

Yes you do know... Model is RC213V-S

• Member Contributer

Parts microfiche are up:

Only if it had been manufactured by HRC! This bike is a Honda, so its Model Number would likely begin with "SC", which corresponds with a street model with an engine displacement of 900cc and above, just as the RC51's Model Number turned out to be SC45. The last 900cc+ Honda Model Number I know of was the SC74 (CTX1300), but that was a 2014 model. It's hard to believe Honda hasn't released any other big bikes since then?

Another RC213V-S microfiche at Hayden Honda. :wink: (No relation!)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

LOL, I've just noticed that the bike's VIN is visible on the label on the crate shown in the MCN video mentioned in this thread. (JH2SC75A5GK000026) It looks to me like the RC213V-S's Model Number is, indeed, the next available number in the Honda model numbering scheme: "SC75". :cool:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

LOL, I've just noticed that the bike's VIN is visible on the label on the crate shown in the MCN video mentioned in this thread. (JH2SC75A5GK000026) It looks to me like the RC213V-S's Model Number is, indeed, the next available number in the Honda model numbering scheme: "SC75". :cool:

Ciao,

Excellent find but the SC75 you identified is the Vehicle Description Code not the official primary and secondary model designation...

example my Vehicle Description Code (VDC) is RC45 whereas the primary model is RVF750R and the secondary is RC45

or take the VDC for the RC46 the primary model is VFR800FI secondary INTERCEPTOR

VDC is indeed SC45 but the primary model is RVT1000R and secondary RC51

(The name RC51 was invented by an American Honda employee when doing

the press releases and he logically thought to follow the RC45... According to

some stories it created a big fuss in Japan when they found out... But

then it was to late and the name stuck)...

So go back and take another look at that crate for VIN JH2SC75A5GK000026

the VDC is SC75 and primary model is RC213V-S and secondary model RC1000VSG

The 015 serial number on the triple clamp might be the 15 sold on line...

post-3131-0-75795100-1458518672.jpg

post-3131-0-94867100-1458518759.jpgpost-3131-0-16642400-1458518723.jpg

• Member Contributer

<RANT ON>

American Honda exists in its own little world, and I have long ago learned to ignore them. In addition to the RC51 debacle you mentioned (one of my pet hates, that), if you take the American Honda Model ID Guide seriously, the suffix "L" in a Model Designation relates to a California model: VFR750FL '93, for example. Sorry, but that is only in the 'States, not in the ROW. The ROW uses letter suffixes (and number suffixes) to indicate the Model Year: VFR750FP, for example, and "Area Codes" are reflected in the Model designation. In addition to that, American Honda often uses different names for the models sold there, sowing needless confusion, and as we all know, many Honda models were never sold there and so do not exist as far as the American Honda "Motorcycle Identification Guide" is concerned. Moreover, I have never seen anyone (not Honda Motor Co., Ltd. in Japan or any other regional Honda distributor) use the "Model Designation Primary/Secondary" nomenclature favoured by American Honda. The Honda Parts Catalogues published by Honda Motor Co., Ltd. for use in the ROW simply say "Model".

<RANT OFF>

The VDS and VDC terms are specified by the VIN system adopted by the US federal government, not Honda. (The VDC for the RC213V-S is SC75A, btw, the character in the "A" position being the principal way in which Honda incorporates the intended market of each bike. These can change each Model Year, so while US models always used to be "0" or "1" (for 49-state and California, respectively), in Europe the designation for bikes originally intended for Germany can be "A" one year and "D" the next.) Whatever you want to call this "code", it is applied consistently throughout the world (even in the USA), which is why I use it--and not American Honda's quirky terms--in my own writing and documentation. Every Honda aficionado in the world knows what an "RC36" is (or could if they wanted to), even if they speak a different language and their local Honda distributor has inflicted a silly marketing name on the bike: it is a universal language ("Esperhonda"?) :wacko:

I am intrigued by the RC1000VSG appearing on the crate label, though. You are calling it the Secondary Model Designation, but this bike was not destined for the US market, and I doubt that is the Honda Japan term. It is possibly the same string of characters that appears on the barcode label on the rear mudguard of the bike, which I have never seen explained anywhere. For example, my Japan-spec RVF400RT has "RV4001W" on its barcode sticker, and the ones on my other Japanese-market bikes (MC22, NC29, NC30) all have similarly puzzling character strings that do not (exactly) correspond to any other name, code or designation I know of. I would love to figure this bit out, but it would probably require my learning Japanese--a bit late in the day for that, I'm afraid!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Parts microfiche are up:

Pronounced RC twenty one / three as it was the 3rd gen RC from the 21st century.

Ciao,

Over 750cc would be an SC, right.

EDIT: I see you found it Jezzer!

• Member Contributer

Pronounced RC twenty one / three as it was the 3rd gen RC from the 21st century.

True but not everyone is up... When I asked my V4 compadres about Honda's new RC twenty one three they do a double take...

<RANT ON>

American Honda exists in its own little world, and I have long ago learned to ignore them.

Cut my wrist and it will bleed Honda red but sometimes I'd like to

fire some of the people at American Honda... I'd ignore them too if

Honda HQ hadn't over viewed and authorized the model guide...

• Member Contributer

For some reason RC two-thirteen V rolls off the tongue better, just like my RC twelve-thirty-seven V rolls off the line better with 75 more horsepower (than the us version)! :goofy:

Archived