Aprilia Tuono

Anyone have one, ridden one? I've only sat on one and it appears a bit more cramped in the legs for me. I really like that motor and the sound! Any real world comparison with the 2010 VFR would be appreciated.

I had a good test ride on the Tuono V4 1100RR, and it is an awesome bike. I am seriously considering getting one but I want to wait and see how the Yamaha MT10 stacks up.

The engine is to die for with so much personality and torque, the suspension is great so I can only imagine how good the factory version is with full Ohlins.

The riding position is slightly forward, similar to the VFR, I had no problems with the footpeg positioning, I am 6ft tall.

The handling is excellent the only downside is it would be very hard to ride it slowly with all that grunt and could jeopardize your drivers licence IMO.

If I was being picky I would say the downsides are that the instruments are a bit lacking eg no fuel gauge, and they are supposedly a bit thirsty but I cant comment on that, and the engine is quite mechanically noisy compared to any Honda, but awesome power delivery, It feels like it could loft the front wheel at 120 KpH, so much torque. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Ahh - to have an affair with an Italian mistress that displaces a full litre +. Expensive, but so worth it!

I have an '03 First gen, and an '07 second gen.

Both V twins. Great fun bikes. Naked comfort.

A hoot to ride. Rotax engine is bulletprooof. :beer:

The '03 is for sale although not being advertised right now.

If it wasn't for the simple fact I got what I have at a great price, I'd have a vr4 for sure. I rode one, oh wow, yes a few little details are missing as it's not a Honda. but oh my, the motor makes up for it. as far as riding goes damn close to how the VFR fits me being 6ft. but the ride is far more something else. WANT.

• Member Contributer

I had the 2nd gen Tuono v2. I would have liked a bigger upper fairing and wind screen. I ticketed out on mine and sold it to Lee. It loves to go fast.

• Member Contributer

1000 miles on my 2014 Tuono V4R and so far I am LOVING it!!

I put 32,000 miles on my 03 VFR800. Obviously I loved the bike to log that many miles. I had the opportunity to spend a little time on an 03 RC51 and I definitely fell for the fully adjustable suspension...and the power! So my next bike was an 07 CBR1000RR. One day I ran across a promotional video for the Tuono V4R on youtube and the sound that the Aprilia makes instantly drew my attention. So I decided to move on from the Fireblade after 12,000 incredible miles. I did alot of research and I finally pulled the trigger on a Tuono V4R and i have not regretted it yet.

In my opinion the Aprilia isn't as photogenic as any of the Honda's I've owned, but it is a weapon. I have a smile on my face every time I twist the throttle. I think the Tuono V4R has that familiar V4 feel to it, the character of the RC51, and the power exceeds the Fireblade. I think the 2016 Tuono 1100 better better looking than the older 1000.

A drawback to some riders is the tank size/fuel consumption/range. I don't have an issue with 120-130 mile range. The CBR softened me up to that, so it isn't a deal breaker for me. Another little nit picky thing I don't care for is the lack of an actual functioning rear fender. It sorta works but it reminds me of when I put the fender eliminator on my VFR. You end up with water being flung up on the rear seat that eventually ends up soaking your butt. Not a biggie. Most Aprilia dealers offer demo rides, so go give one a spin and see for yourself.

I'll def go for a Tuono V4 at some point. Will have to go with the full electronics while I'm at it.

If I had the cash and garage space it would be here now.

There are limitations to the N+1 thing. Sadly. :wink:

I have wanted to try both the V4 and the V-twin. I was close to getting a V-twin with Leo Vince pipes recently but it was gone before I could get to it. But I'm happy with the VFR though. I have an RC51 when I want to be extra naughty. I love my RC so much!!! It fits me like a damn glove and sounds so sick!!! My friend that rides an RSV4 was pitching a tent listening to me ride the RC on back roads in front of him, and his RSV has a sweet Akro pipe!

I don't think you could go wrong with the V4. I agree with someone else I struggle with the looks a little. Some times I like it other times....meh. The V-twin model I always thought was quite good looking!

Archived