How To Set The *&% Clock!

Bent

• Member Contributer
On 10/28/2017 at 11:50 AM, Bent said:

Thanks, joepopp.  The clock has been set for quite a while now and I don't change it for DST.  I just leave it alone and have enough brains to know how to compensate for when it's not DST.  

The clock is the reason Honda doesn't sell more VFR's.........

HAHAHA! Thank YOU Bent!

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, mikeswe said:

My bike stays in the garage until daylight saving time is activated again and then I connect the battery at noon. 

You what?????

det ar galet.

adjo

Grum

• Member Contributer

I don't see what's so difficult.

Did it once a few months after I bought my bike because the clock drifts a bit.  Used the manual to figure it out.  Y'all know what a manual is, right?

Did it without the manual after that.  First couple of times I had to fish a bit but no big deal.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Rsparky said:

Living in AZ has its perks. We don't adhere to DST. More states need to give it up. How is that dark at 5 going for you? Lol. 

It would be interesting to see the official figures on pedestrian casualties with DST and without. In the UK, we change the clocks twice a year (spring forward, fall back) like I imagine many of you do, and we do it because statistics show that fewer pedestrians, particularly children on their way to/from school, are involved in car incidents if we do it.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Rsparky said:

How is that dark at 5 going for you? Lol. 

Better than dark at 4 pm as the evenings get dark earlier

On the plus side we get 4:30 dawn and 10:20+ Summer evenings

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:34 AM, Skids said:

It would be interesting to see the official figures on pedestrian casualties with DST and without. In the UK, we change the clocks twice a year (spring forward, fall back) like I imagine many of you do, and we do it because statistics show that fewer pedestrians, particularly children on their way to/from school, are involved in car incidents if we do it.

Our traffic stats show the exact opposite, but mostly on the day after the change.  For the life of me, I see no reason for the damned time change.  There is the desire in many jurisdictions politically to change this insanity and stay on one time year round. Public support for this is tremendous with very few if any arguing against it.  I don't know why it is so difficult to make the change. There are other jurisdictions that have never changed the clock. I believe the province of Saskatchewan is one of them.  Then there is Newfoundland on Canada's east coast.  They are 1/2 hour off everyone else. Can't figure that on out at all.

• Member Contributer
On 5/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, 34468Randy said:

Our traffic stats show the exact opposite, but mostly on the day after the change.  For the life of me, I see no reason for the damned time change.  There is the desire in many jurisdictions politically to change this insanity and stay on one time year round. Public support for this is tremendous with very few if any arguing against it.  I don't know why it is so difficult to make the change. There are other jurisdictions that have never changed the clock. I believe the province of Saskatchewan is one of them.  Then there is Newfoundland on Canada's east coast.  They are 1/2 hour off everyone else. Can't figure that on out at all.

Florida just passed a law making daylight savings time permanent which would mean after "springing forward" we would never "fall back" so we'd basically be in the Atlantic time zone for much of the year 😀   I think it still needs the approval of Congress.  This article has some interesting history of the issue:

Sunshine Daydream: Florida Bill Would Make Daylight Saving Time Year-Round

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/08/591925587/sunshine-daydream-florida-bill-would-make-daylight-saving-time-year-round

Archived