Moisture Within Dash

MrTeeHee

• Member Contributer

No problems with mine either touch wood,  its left outside when at work and sometimes at home.  I also live on the West coast of Scotland so its usually raining.

• Member Contributer
On 7/11/2016 at 4:54 AM, Grum said:

Well its happened again with my new warranty replaced dash. The same conditions as above, bike parked in sunshine no wind on firm ground with moist grass, two hours later condensation appeared. There has to be a design issue with these panels. Honda is investigating and the anomaly has been logged against my bike just in case there is ever a failure with the panel due to moisture.

09_Jul2016_Condensation.jpg

That reflection looks like a blue sky to me.  He might be out here in California.  Lol

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Rectaltronics said:

"on firm ground with moist grass"??

Yep that is right, firm ground with morning dew. Done this a hundred times with my 6th gens and never had an issue. This issue with condensation is very dependant on atmospherics. The both times its happend with the two different panels on my 8th gen, the weather conditions were identical and bike was located at the same spot.

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Jochem said:

Since this week I have noticed it twice on my bike.

But I am 5 months out of warranty... :unsure:

Hi Jochem.

Suggest you notify the dealership where you purchased the bike. There are now three of us on this thread that have had issues and sadly my replacement panel is doing the same thing. DON'T let them tell you its the way you wash your bike, I've never used a pressure washer or ever spray water directly near the instrument panel. I'm happy to send you the VIN number of my bike if it helps to support your issues, I assume they would be able to check my bike details via their Honda website. I have a letter from Honda assuring me that I'm covered for the life of the bike should any issue arise from instrument panel condensation.

Cheers.

Grum.

Archived