$9K 6Th Gen?

RedRicer

This bike has been for sale on CL in my area for a year and a half. he always reposts it and never lowers the price.

I understand guys have a ton of time, money, premium parts, etc wrapped into their machines. But doesn't this seem a little on the absurd side?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/5458540955.html

Many times high prices are testing the waters. Before I bought mine there was a beautiful black 2006 posted right in my stomping grounds. I am recalling it was around $6,500. With a little research I found the guy on a blog literally stating, "I'll sell it overpriced to some sucker then use the cash for blah blah." While I thought the cost was a little high, after hearing it straight from the seller's mouth I then knew it was high intentionally. He eventually removed the posting, and I saw him blogging that he loved it so much that he couldn't sell it. Isn't it funny how money can buy true love LOL.

Someone out there may absolutely love that RWB scheme. There also is a very wide range of maintenance as well as accessories, so I don't consider any price outrageous.

Opportunity cost usually prevents any deal. With leftover new bikes in that same range or lower, it would take a lot of nostalgia to go used. However, the buyer has to add up all costs. If they want an upgraded fully adjustable suspension, that could tip the scales in favor of used.

You Just never know. To me, the more variety of prices and selection available, the better. The free world is awesome.

It looks like someone had a field day blowing their tax refund on ebay. I didn't see anything really worth writing home about, just basic bolt ons. The ohlins rear shock, fork internals and ss lines are a plus, nothing like a usd/radial front end, but definitely better than stock. It did look well taken care of and clean, too bad the seller doesn't realize that modifications typically don't add resale value, they subtract from it.

• Member Contributer

that's what I was thinking. is it worth it? well that depends if he still has oem parts so you can toss the cheap ebay shit like the foot pegs. the shock and fork internals are nice IF you are the same weight and do the kind of riding.

to me I couldn't spend 9k on a 07 like that, I would rather spend 4k on one. then spend 6k modding it myself cuz that's half the fun.

It looks like someone had a field day blowing their tax refund on ebay. I didn't see anything really worth writing home about, just basic bolt ons. The ohlins rear shock, fork internals and ss lines are a plus, nothing like a usd/radial front end, but definitely better than stock. It did look well taken care of and clean, too bad the seller doesn't realize that modifications typically don't add resale value, they subtract from it.

All my thoughts exactly.

"Honest honey, I have it listed for sale right now..."

That would be the only believable explanation for that price. Wife wants him to sell it and he doesn't want to. Of course, with only 11K miles on it, he's not really using it anyways.

• Member Contributer

that's what I was thinking. is it worth it? well that depends if he still has oem parts so you can toss the cheap ebay shit like the foot pegs. the shock and fork internals are nice IF you are the same weight and do the kind of riding.

to me I couldn't spend 9k on a 07 like that, I would rather spend 4k on one. then spend 6k modding it myself cuz that's half the fun.

Thats exactly the point to me, what does he have at that price vs other options. 2014 Gen 8 are being advertized for 7999.00 out the door at neighboring dealers right now. So while I understand his feelings on his price, to me the better deal would be the new one.If I didnt love my 07' so much......;) ( with all my mods)

Some people think their stuff is worth whatever they put into it. After all, you're getting all that labor for free.

• Member Contributer

That one pops up on my local searches too. When I first started seeing the ad it was listed for over $11,000. The silence must be deafening . . .

Archived