Ebr Resumed Production Today

• Member Contributer

Did "The Donald" step in?

He seems hell bent on making America whole again (oh no, that is Hilary...) :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I know it's a press release with exciting news, but it sounds all way too confident. It gives the sound that they are guaranteed to be making a profit for the next 5 years. Not sure how they can even say anything close to that. Until you start selling, there's no guarantee you will make money.

Perhaps the AMA could start an EBR class, kind of how BSB has a 675 and 848 class. That would at least get some bikes out there in public view.

• Member Contributer

Nice looking bike there gll. What frame is that? Looks to be pre fuel in frame, but not early tube frame. Is that a sporty tank grafted on there?

custom made backbone frame... with a honda cx 500 gasstank :wink:

ripped off the fuel infection and added a flatside carb and custom wireharness.

tonys%20frame_zpsddhfxtum.jpg

tonysbike_zpsovvuns28.jpg

• Member Contributer

Did "The Donald" step in?

He seems hell bent on making America hole again (oh no, that is Hilary...) :goofy:

Fixed it for ya...

Yeah... sorry to bust your bubble, but this is just the bikes the EBR factory had in WIP prior to going belly up.

Not new, not groundbreaking, just "liquidation" aka 25% off sale on all remaining parts and assets.

Erik Buell has been relegated to a few tiers down from running a company, he is the lead tech advisor or some such. Probably for the best really, living the dream of aesthetic and engineering input, minus the work it takes to run the show... funny, that does have a "presidential" ring to it...

• Member Contributer

Yeah... sorry to bust your bubble, but this is just the bikes the EBR factory had in WIP prior to going belly up.

Not new, not groundbreaking, just "liquidation" aka 25% off sale on all remaining parts and assets.

Erik Buell has been relegated to a few tiers down from running a company, he is the lead tech advisor or some such. Probably for the best really, living the dream of aesthetic and engineering input, minus the work it takes to run the show... funny, that does have a "presidential" ring to it...

Yeah, from what I've read it does look like a liquidation. Appears that they are selling off most everything not needed to finish the production run. Somewhere I saw that many of the employees won't actually be returning to work. At the launch party, I will try to discern if they re-hired any engineers or designers; but my hunch is that they didn't. I also want to scout the equipment for auction, much like bikes my equation on the subject is tools to own = n+1

I would bet that buell could have made decent money selling a bike without so much engineering for engineering's sake and a nice backbone frame like gll used. I found all the buell/harley twins I've owned to be reasonably reliable and among some of the easiest to work on engines.

Archived