Soon Time To Get Dirty!

keny

Well, as the topics in the other selection are deleted every 20 days, I think its time to post here, even not just VFR/VF

A short breaf:

As some might recall I did buy a 1990 Yamaha XT600Z Tenere 2 years back, as I had my VFR800 up for sale.

gallery_880_2573_119691.jpg

But as I did not get the VFR sold that spring, and as the Tenere did smoke as cold i started to tear it apart, as it was taken out of road usage until the VFR was sold anyway.

gallery_880_2573_1071762.jpg

Sadly just to notice the head was shoot, not just piston rings that is the normal wear thing...so it become a trophy in my garage...

A bit depressed I did enjoy the 800VFR one more season.

Spring 2005 I got the 800VFR sold finally, but as I had not got the Tenere head reparied, and some depressed browsing found a cheap good looking VF500 on Dutch soil, some messages later to Dutcy and I had to bock a flight for a pick up...

gallery_880_2173_300948.jpg

More of that here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80836-a-new-door-opens-a-vf500fii/

And even a nice bike it was not my bike..traded it for a 3rd gen

gallery_880_2173_144335.jpg

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/82001-im-now-a-3rd-gen-owner/

And so I still have a VFR, but the disire to ride some offroad also just got bigger, and as I had a Project, a VFR that is ridable but I want to do some cosmetic upgrade to and a 2 Stroker that I did not dear to ride after a deer hit in 2012, I desided to sell my 1984 RG250W Gamma to get funds for the Tenere Project.

gallery_880_2573_165755.jpg

Well whit help of Dutchy (again, Thanks!) I did score a healty head for the Tenere. But as my drive got on I found out the wheels had cancer....

msg-880-0-38796300-1451480796.jpg

so as a desperate move I actuall did buy a second 600 Tenere, a cheap one actually whit deasent wheels at least!

gallery_880_2573_546583.jpg

I did hope it would just have been to swamp the tank as panels from my older bike as it was a runner, but it did not run good enough even I had the carburattors cleaned, and it did wibrate a lot on higher rpm. The reason for the vibrations where a bent crank end on flywheel side, some one desperatly proberly have tried to hammer off the flywheel, that can sit quit tight on these. the reason for the bad running was the valves, bad sealing....so I tock back engine from the first one, and did put the best parts togheter. It had a good cylinder as piston7rings, cleaned the good head I got wwhit help from Dutchy, and now finally the engine is toghether

gallery_880_2573_548083.jpg

gallery_880_2573_759558.jpg

So now I really look forward to finish this Tenere off and get some milage on it on as off road! So far the second Tenere has been a good move, so many parts that are broken or corroded on the first one is good on the secondone!

The 3rd Gen will stay in the garage season 2016 and slowly begin to make it a bit more fresch looking!

• Member Contributer

Honda single cylinder off the road bike......

Dirty..

i get flashbacks of Christina Aguilera.... :goofy:

Posted 44 minutes ago

Honda single cylinder off the road bike......

Dirty..

i get flashbacks of Christina Aguilera.... :goofy:

I had more in mind this as dirty :laugh:

123409818_8249105e8b_z.jpg?zz=1

Or like this:

stephanepeterhansel1989.jpg

Archived