I Did A Bunch Of Server Maintenance This Morning

• Forum CEO

I cleared out the cache, optimized the database, rebooted the server, then I started purging the generations section, lots and lots of topics over 600 days old with no activity I purged those, and then the regional forums purged topics 360 days with no activity.

Should be running faster with a little more snap, some topics you might not agree were purged but I did the purge according the forum rules I have posted in 2002. I have just been lax this year on purging old topics. Time for new ones! Oh and I purged the other then vfr forum back 20 days as it says in that forums rules.

Every time I do a big purge I always catch a little flack from members who think topics are forever, it bogs down the server if stuff just piles up and never gets purged. As always we have a very knowledgeable membership who USUALLY handle things with tact and a lot of humor, dont be afraid to ask your questions in the forum if you cant find it in a search. This is not your usual motorcycle forum where you might get slammed (get it) if you ask a simple question. Not to say we have a perfect record on that but the vast majority are good folks here.

Oh and I finally changed the homepage picture, after almost a week, gotta get on that every day.

• Member Contributer

Pity the trip reports I posted in the European section are gone. So many nice pictures..

But, the rules are clear.

• Member Contributer

What!!? My Rt 49 pic won't stay up all year???

Seriously, thank you HS, really appreciate all you do to manage this great site.

Archived