Experiences With Low Cost Aftermarket Exhausts

VFR2k4

Hi,

Im considering buying a new exhaust set, preferably double slip-ons with removable db-killers. (I dont want to gut my stock pipes yet, thouh i see good reviews here about it.) I used to have Leo Vince slip-on w/o db-killer on my 600cc streetfighter, gorgeous sound, but id like to try something new.

Im looking for something deep toned (that hides the sowingmachine noise) and sporty/aggressive sound at higher rpm's.

What is your experience with cheaper alternatives like:

Delkevic
Dominator
Simmi

GPR
and Scorpion?

I did a few searches on the forum, but didnt find what i looked for. And YT isnt always ideal for picking systems.

Hoping for input on the matter!

Regards, H

post-34742-0-12500100-1455745680.jpg

• Member Contributer

I've heard that Delkevic is really good for the money, and that GPR sounds tinny and isn't built very well, but with no personal experience, take that with a grain of salt.

I'll give another thumbs up for the Delkevic. You just can't beat the cost and the quality is pretty good. On my 5th gen it sounded great and was perfect for my touring setup. I would switch to a high mount Two Bros that I picked up used for when I was commuting and just having fun.

I ordered Delkevic's. :goofy:

Will post results later. Really cheap, contrary to Norwegian prices..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DS70-225mm-Oval-Carbon-Fibre-Exhaust-Silencer-Slip-on-Honda-VFR800-V-TEC-01-13-/271551306952?hash=item3f39b81cc8%3Ag%3A1WwAAOSwWnFV8iIJ&vxp=mtr

Heres a YT link for soundreference:

Put a Delkevic on my 2014, had Scorpions on a 2004 I had prior to it...I like the sound of the Delkevic as much as I did the scorpions. :) Shape/color matches the bike better too, I'd argue. The real drive was just to uncork the sound potential of the bike...not really a performance gain or anything. Have no desire to get a PC3 and muck about. If I did track I might, but just not worth it to me IMO. For a street bike it's perfect. :)

Minor gripe -- I've noticed the can is already showing signs of rusting on one of the collars at 1mo. since install.

Only other can I've considered is this one made by IXIL, their LX3B setup...Ever since the Z1000 I've liked the split pipe look. :)

I have a GPR thunder deeptone and the quality is excellent and so is the sound I highly recommend it stainless is great and welds are perfect. And my bike sounds deeper and throatier than the exhaust in the video

post-27283-0-57532000-1456315256.jpg

Archived