My Custom 4Th Gen Featured By Worldwide Bomber!

SEBSPEED

My VFR750 was recently featured by Worldwide Bomber, a streetfighter/custom bike magazine based in Finland.

The text is the same as the previous feature in Super Streetbike, but they did a nicer job on the pics by presenting it as a magazine layout.

Older issue, so no subscription needed to view!

Just click here: http://www.worldwidebombermagazine.com/issues/issue8/#/article/26/page/1

I am a proud papa!

• Like 8

• Member Contributer

Very nice!

You have incredible mechanical ability as well as creative talent. Everything on the bike looks as if it belongs exactly the way you have built it.

The under-tail is better than any factory, or aftermarket piece I have seen on any bike!

Thanks guys.

The next one is a 90 GSXR 750 naked, with 07 GSXR 1000 front and rear ends, and a Yamaha R6 tail.

20160202_172156_zpsowd0zfsx.jpg

I'm simultaneously building a second '90 750-framed gixxer, but this one is a bit more Frankenstein... 929 forks in custom trees, F4i wheels, extended Blackbird swingarm, 09 GSXR750 tail, TD04L turbo. Also a naked bike.

20160130_170512-1_zpsym4op0fr.jpg

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Wow. What talent! When do you find time to ride Seb? Will we get to see some of that art work at T-Mac? I sure hope so.

My VFR750 was recently featured by Worldwide Bomber, a streetfighter/custom bike magazine based in Finland.

The text is the same as the previous feature in Super Streetbike, but they did a nicer job on the pics by presenting it as a magazine layout.

Older issue, so no subscription needed to view!

Just click here: http://www.worldwidebombermagazine.com/issues/issue8/#/article/26/page/1

What did you use as a filler panel between the tank/seat area? I'm still not satisfied with the pieces I've made on my own. They never look right, and your's looks right!

I am a proud papa!

What did you use as a filler panel between the tank/seat area? I'm still not satisfied with the pieces I've made on my own. They never look right, and your's looks right!

I blended the cbr filler piece with some sheetmetal, then covered with carbon fiber.

I blended the cbr filler piece with some sheetmetal, then covered with carbon fiber.

Ah, ok! Thanks!

• Member Contributer
Seb,

What motivates you in these projects? Are these primarily artistic undertakings (i.e. a marriage of pure creativity and craftsmanship)? Or are they principally engineering challenges in the sense that you are trying to improve on the performance characteristics of some beloved bikes? Or are these attempts to build a custom-tailored machine that best matches your preferences as a rider?

Seb,

What motivates you in these projects? Are these primarily artistic undertakings (i.e. a marriage of pure creativity and craftsmanship)? Or are they principally engineering challenges in the sense that you are trying to improve on the performance characteristics of some beloved bikes? Or are these attempts to build a custom-tailored machine that best matches your preferences as a rider?

Rob, all three of your points were key and savored experiences during this build. I thoroughly enjoyed creating this bike, and the "performance in comfort" result is something I take a lot of pride in.

On a more humble note, the overriding motivation was to hit all those points on a budget. I did splurge on a few parts, but for the money I spent, there is no equal on the market.

Very nice work Dr Frankenstein.

Err, Seb. :beer:

May you make lots of money at this.

Someone hook Seb up with a Rock Star that likes bikes. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Very nice work Dr Frankenstein.

Err, Seb. :beer:

May you make lots of money at this.

Someone hook Seb up with a Rock Star that likes bikes. :beer:

I hear Neil Ellwoood Peart is a big fan of bikes... I'm sure he would love yours!

May not suit his touring lifestyle, but hey, you never know... take a spin past YYZ and see if he's around, you're not TOO far...

Mr. Peart and Mr. Stoner have a hobby in common, which I have helped each with, though I can't claim to know either very well personally.

However, any Rush fan knows Mr. Peart in particular seems to prefer the tractor-like qualities of a certain three letter Teutonic machine.