Rvf1000 Rumoured To Possibly Be Produced For Wsbk

HighSideNZ

• Member Contributer

This article has appeared in the Japanese motorcycle press.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/honda-rfv1000-rumoured/30813.html#ixzz3zamEOf5s

Will be interesting if it come to life!

• Member Contributer

At the equivalent price limit for WSBK in USD I am interested.

After having been revived several times from holding my breathe for Honda to do this I am reticent.

• Member Contributer

It makes sense that the limiting factor in getting the cost down to $45k USD is the hand made frame (and possibly swing arm) as they are pieces of beauty.

Good article even if very brief and at least it's not the national enquirer of the motorcycle world reporting it this time.

• Member Contributer

Love to see it... just hard to get too excited about it since rumors have been around forever...

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Strangely that sounds like history repeating itself. The RC45 donated its engine to the VFR800Fi (aka 5th gen) with nothing else carried over, but the new frame was pivotless with the swingarm pivoting off the crankcases !

The RC45 cost £17,780 in 1994 (£32,715 in 2016 £'s), the VFR800Fi cost £8,675 in 1998 (£14,227 in 2016 £'s), or just under half price !

So if we apply that logic to the RCV213S whic is £137,000 in the UK, then a WSBK RVF1000 would be approx £60,000 :(  But still cheap compared to the RCV.

As an aside, that means that the 8th gen which sells for £10,750 in the UK is cheaper than the 5th gen was in 1998 !

YMMV ;)

• 1 year later...

Well this seems like a suitable place to mention that there is more news about a forthcoming RVF1000.

http://www.motorbikefans.com/honda-rvf1000r-japanese-response/

Bear in mind that the picture is not real. Just a made up composite. But in fact, I think it looks stunning. If only Honda would make something like that - and a naked version. :smile:

I keep justifying to myself that the 800 is all you really need, but in my heart, I'd love to have one of these.

Before anyone dismisses this as just more talk, I have been hearing from reliable sources that we WILL see an RVF1000, more affordable than the RCV. When and what it will be like is not yet known, but I think it needs to be pretty special. Could Honda do it? Sure, they absolutely have the capability, but will they? Ah, that's the 64 million dollar question.

Archived