Show Me Your Motorcycle Workshop

RedRicer

• Member Contributer

Advantage of living alone.

attachicon.gifP1020001.JPG

Sometimes that means staying alone. Smart! I went and screwed up, invited her in, and now I have all these rules to follow. No motorcycle noises inside the house. Stop looking at VFRD. You can't have a garage with an apartment in the top containing only a bed, kitchen, and bathroom with a plexiglass floor to always keep your toys in view. You can't re-use old tires for gardening projects or decoration.

• Member Contributer

Last year I decided to become a minimalist....renting out my house and living in my trailer :beer:. I went from having a 2 car garage filled with misc. Car/Bike stuff to 3 different areas.

Garage

Now I have a tool shed, dressing room (My riding suit hangs in here along with a lot of other crap)

tool shed

A 10 x 10 Storage unit, that houses tools, bike parts, & misc crap. This is where my two other bikes live when not being ridden.

Storage Night

A shed that whatever bike I am riding lives in.

20151122 124453

• Member Contributer

Last year I decided to become a minimalist....renting out my house and living in my trailer :beer:. I went from having a 2 car garage filled with misc. Car/Bike stuff to 3 different areas.

Now I have a tool shed, dressing room (My riding suit hangs in here along with a lot of other crap)
A 10 x 10 Storage unit, that houses tools, bike parts, & misc crap. This is where my two other bikes live when not being ridden.

Incredible ^^^^^. I just need to dig a hole into my basement for most of the bike storage. A room in the attic and a sunroom and I have all I need to make me and the girl happy. I still can't get over waste disposal and clean / grey water in a trailer, but there are some pretty sweet trailers. Minimalism = freedom.

• Member Contributer

Incredible ^^^^^. I just need to dig a hole into my basement for most of the bike storage. A room in the attic and a sunroom and I have all I need to make me and the girl happy. I still can't get over waste disposal and clean / grey water in a trailer, but there are some pretty sweet trailers. Minimalism = freedom.

The original plan was to paint the bikes flat black and dig the tunnel to some unusual place hidden by leaves. Then I can shoot in and out like Batman. Sounds like it has been a month off the bike with thoughts like these....

2 bay detached? Luckkyyyyyyy. I make do with what i've got, i just have to shuffle things around depending on what i am doing. I have a shop space offsite i split with friends, but at home it is much more cramped and just the essentials. I have a pancake compressor for filling tires and blowing things off, while the shop has the big honker i can use for sand blasting or for air tools(highly recommend an auto drain valve if you get a big honker). At home i tend to use 18v milwaukee stuff, and honestly for most bike stuff they have been awesome. The 18v 1/2" impact puts out insane torque, the only thing i'm missing is a lithium equivalent of an air ratchet which milwaukee doesn't really have yet. The smaller 1/4" impact is great for lighter fasteners.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2763-22

BdtUye9.jpg

JIUpg40.jpg

• Member Contributer

I've never seen Beetle Bags on a 4th gen - didn't even realize they had made them for it. They must be as rare as hen's teeth!

• Member Contributer

Ah my dream has always been a double garage ;). Some of yo guys have so much space. My current rework is my ZZR250 which is my winter bike. This is I at the start of the strip down.

post-24524-0-24901200-1455607663.jpeg

A single garage, just cleared of clutter, most of which went into a new 11'x8' shed I built this past summer & that's my new cheap eBay work bench, as my knees can't handle the kneeling any more. Wish I'd bought one years ago.

• Member Contributer

I appreciate and envy some of your awesome setups... for now my workshop is the driveway, which frequently results in wrecked knees, sunburn, and lost fasteners... but the job gets done :goofy:

post-25792-0-22807800-1455621122.jpg

I've never seen Beetle Bags on a 4th gen - didn't even realize they had made them for it. They must be as rare as hen's teeth!

Yeah they sure are, look awesome but being top loaders they are a pain to fill up. Still, it look so 90's scifi i don't even mind. My friend calls it a romulan warbird hehe

• Member Contributer

Yeah they sure are, look awesome but being top loaders they are a pain to fill up. Still, it look so 90's scifi i don't even mind. My friend calls it a romulan warbird hehe

It would be great to see more photos of them when you have the bike outside for a better view.

It would be great to see more photos of them when you have the bike outside for a better view.

You are in luck, i happen to be a picture whore so i take lots after i change anything. Also i found the old sale page on corbin's site via the web archive if you want the old cool promotional pics.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060318164501/http://www.corbin.com/honda/vfr750bags.shtml

Just made up and installed some grip pads

RS1FTkKh.jpg

Installed a whelen 3rd brake light also

KVh2RmSh.jpg

AyMDw0B.gif

Here it is right after install next to my buddy's 06 with factory hard bags

EEFr6dhh.jpg

VEuzdLCh.jpg

I still haven't figured out the best way to photograph these things, weird bubbly shape and funky colors. I need to get some fresh pics now with my new MRA vario windscreen anyway, so maybe some day i'll have pics that do them justice. I need to figure out a way to tighten up the shutting of them, for now i've been stuffing paper towels in the front and back under the lids to keep them tight hehe

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Pretty crowded, so I have to move stuff out to do any serious work. The lights are so bright, it's tough to get a good picture with my low-end phone. The last three lights are covered by the opened door - when it's closed it's bright like an operating room, for doing major surgery on anything mechanical.

gallery_33430_7623_1698056.jpg

• Member Contributer

The 3rd gen looks good with that white wheel peeking out. It's been quite some time since I've seen a Porsche 928. Fun car!

Archived