"official" Hog Tie 2016 - Sep 23-26 2016

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Hog Tie 5.

med_gallery_23869_7751_581980.jpg

It's time for Number 5, ya'll.

The grand plans for a week-long festivus maximus are shellacked by my work schedule in September, and I've adjusted the dates so I can show up to my own party. We are coinciding with Bikes Blues and BBQ.

So. Like years past, YOU will be responsible for your accommodations at the HUB hotel in Marble Falls, AR.

Call Debbie at the Hub - 1800-597-9963 and tell her you're with VFRD. Rooms are discounted this year (they had a price increase), so we are at $60.00/night. Feel free to come early or stay late, we normally have a few people who make a full week out of it. I have a block of 10 rooms reserved until MAY.

Campsites are $10.00 night and include use of a shower/toilet that isn't as bad as you might think.

We will be doing a Saturday night cookout again, so plan on bringing some donation cash and a bottle of Fireball for Lisa.

T-shirts will be available with the logo above (with the banner blank for your name or hog-tie nickname... whatever!) for a fee, I'll be taking orders on those soon. If there is enough demand, I might make hats and stuff too. It's a special limited edition by Grapes Designs, and I think this year's logo kicks ass. Shirts will be grease-proof black with white graphics.

Remember, anyone on any bike is free to attend, but official organization is only happening right here on VFRD.com.

Post your name when you're booked! Don't miss this year's ride!

Best,

Yoke

• Member Contributer

Blocked it off on my calendar... just for confirmation, we are looking at Friday through Monday, correct?

• Member Contributer

Hands down the best VFRD meet logo ever! :biggrin: Wish I had the time off to make it that far - I'd show up for this one!!

• Member Contributer

I'm planning on attending for the whole week if the deer don't get me. I'll probably be camping.

• Member Contributer

I'm pretty sure that I'm looking straight down at the HUB in Marble Falls in this pic.

Hey, maybe I'll make it, only 8 months and less than 2000 miles away!

post-3265-0-17687800-1454379556.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm pretty sure that I'm looking straight down at the HUB in Marble Falls in this pic.

Hey, maybe I'll make it, only 8 months and less than 2000 miles away!

attachicon.gifMC Trip 09.08 005.jpg

We'd love to see you there. 2000 mi is quite a hump. I'd bet you'd win the I-Rode-From-Distance award.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Bad news.

I lost my job in April.

I'm having to sell the VFR.  Just the facts of life.

With that said, I will have to call off for the Hog Tie this year.  Maybe after I get another bike over the winter, I'll be in for next year... but as of now, I'm out.

Have fun everyone, and BE SAFE!

• Member Contributer

Sorry guys, VcFR and I won't be able to make it due to the date change. That is what happens when you have to turn in your vacation dates at the start of the year. You guys have fun and we will catch you next time.

• Member Contributer
On 6/26/2016 at 4:21 PM, Yokel said:

Bad news.

I lost my job in April.

I'm having to sell the VFR.  Just the facts of life.

With that said, I will have to call off for the Hog Tie this year.  Maybe after I get another bike over the winter, I'll be in for next year... but as of now, I'm out.

Have fun everyone, and BE SAFE!

Sorry to hear.  Been there, multiple times.  I hope you get a gig quick.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
On 9/5/2016 at 11:57 AM, 03viffer said:

I am new to VFRD and live in Northwest Arkansas (NWA).  Is this event still a go?

I hear a rumor that a few may be out there next weekend, the 11th.  Hopefully they'll chime in.  I know one of them watches this thread.  I'll give them a ping on the Facebooks.

On the upside, I didn't sell the VFR folks!  Game on for next year.

• Member Contributer
I am new to VFRD and live in Northwest Arkansas (NWA).  Is this event still a go?

Hi! There will be several of us out Friday thru Tuesday (9th-13th). Just let us know if you want to meet up. We will be staying at The Hub between Harrison and Jasper.
Lisa

Heading out with a group from Knoxville/Atlanta on Saturday and staying all week in Mountain Home area.  My 07, a fourth gen, a CB500x, and a Lime Green Guzzi.  Shouldn't be hard to spot.  

• Member Contributer
Heading out with a group from Knoxville/Atlanta on Saturday and staying all week in Mountain Home area.  My 07, a fourth gen, a CB500x, and a Lime Green Guzzi.  Shouldn't be hard to spot.  

We'll keep an eye out. I'm on a white 8th gen VFR, huntinggunns on a red 8th gen VFR, and kdon on a white VFR.

• Member Contributer

I'm sure we'll see you on push mountain. Be good too meet some of you Dragon slayers. What day are you planning on being at mountain home.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, huntinggunns said:

I'm sure we'll see you on push mountain. Be good too meet some of you Dragon slayers. What day are you planning on being at mountain home.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I'll be arriving on Saturday late afternoon. As per my usual M.O., I have no knowledge of schedule or routes at this point. I don't go by Sweeper for nuthin. I'll be sporting some of you handiwork on my bike. Its been working great. So great that I swapped it out to the new bike before the old one left. Huge improvement over the Ram unit that came on the new bike.  

I've battling issues with my new bike since TMAC when I picked it up. Thought I would be on the CB500x this week but got lucky today and found my fueling issue. I sent the bike off to have the starter valves synced and it came back nearly un-ride-able. After talking to SamW via email, I decided to lift the tank and have a look. Sure enough, they left one of the vacuum lines off. Still not as smooth as my 03, but I can ride it and work on it now.

• Member Contributer

Glad a few of you are going to be able to get together.  Still heartbroken I can't make it, but must pay attention to the new job for a while.

On 9/7/2016 at 6:24 PM, Sweeper said:

Well, the VFR just didn't want to make this trip. Now its not charging. No time to fix it so I'll be on the CB500x. Not a bad consolation.

• Member Contributer

Anyone still planning on being at the Hub September 23-25?  Looks like my schedule is going to allow me to make it that weekend.  Bringing a co-worker along (at this point).

• Yokel unpinned this topic

Archived