2016 Calendar

• Forum CEO

Well I have had nothing but problems with my desktop computer, I had all the pictures set up to make a calendar this year and then the raid drive on my computer failed, I tried to repair it several times but it just kept corrupting so I had to reformat the hard drive array. I lost all the pictures. I wasnt expecting to do a calendar but Dutchinterceptor said he had too much to do and could not do it this year. I took over and now I have to start all over again. If there is really no interest I wont waste time on it. I couldn't even reinstall windows cause my cd disk is all messed up and wont copy key files. I ended up installing Linux and I really like that. Now I have to download an image editor and learn how to use it first. Its just been a monumental messed up project.

The Good thing is the vfrd server is running very well, no issues, there is a new version out for the software I need to install since support for this one is evaporating but there are key pieces missing yet, namely the module I use for the classified ads, there is no update for that yet so that is the hold up there. I am looking for alternatives, I dont want to put the classifieds into the forum since that was a huge problem for me when I tried that a number of years ago.

• Member Contributer

Hey HS, I really liked last years calendar but I can live w/o one this year. Motorcycle Consumer News sent me a calendar so I have mc pics on my kitchen cupboards. No VFRs though.

You do so much work for us the rest of the year I'd suggest you forget the calendar. We'll live okay w/o it. I'd hate to loose you to overworkedness syndrome.

• Member Contributer

I would love a calendar but no rush, and definitely not at the expense of feeling overworked. Is there a link to all of the VFRD Featured photos to look at past photos quickly? I might just download a number of them and make my own calendar. Or just download all of them for rotation as my desktop background.

• Member Contributer

HS, heres a list of other recommended Linux photo editors. Tried Linux in various forms, never got on with it. Not clever enough. :wacko:

AfterShot Pro
Gimp
Shotwell
digiKam
Darktable
Fotoxx

Archived