Valve Stems

wera803

I'm in need of some more 83 degree valve stems. I bought a bunch from Kurvy Girl several years ago and have depleted my supply.

Has anyone bought them from No Mar? They seem to be cheap at $6.95/each. You have to pay additional shipping, but if you order several sets, the shipping doesn't add much to an individual set. Just wondering if they are the same ones you can get from other suppliers or if they are using some sort of generic photo.

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/90_Degree_Low_Profile_Valve_Stem_Black_p/ac-valve-90-degree-10mm-blac.htm

The fine print says it's a painted or lacquered finish, not anodized.

Genuine Ariete/Bridgeport valve stems cost only a couple dollars more and are proven reliable. When it comes to stuff that can kill me on my bike, I prefer not to gamble with unproven or counterfeit parts. But hey, it's your money.

• Member Contributer

Genuine Ariete/Bridgeport valve stems cost only a couple dollars more and are proven reliable. When it comes to stuff that can kill me on my bike, I prefer not to gamble with unproven or counterfeit parts. But hey, it's your money.

I wouldn't call it fine print...

They state it in all CAPs and bold the word "NOT ANODIZED"!

I wouldn't call it fine print...

They state it in all CAPs and bold the word "NOT ANODIZED"!

Give it a decade or 2, it will look a lot smaller. :goofy:

So all Ariete/Bridgeport are anodized?

If these are a cheap knock off, I'm willing to pay more for the good ones. The picture shows them with the "B" on them like the Bridgeport, hence my question if anyone has ordered/used them. From the picture, my impression is they are the same, but I don't want to order a bunch of them if they really aren't and No Mar is using a generic picture.

• Member Contributer
We would need the 11.3 mm, but those are only $2 more.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/261071396265

10-4

• Member Contributer

Or you could buy them for about the same price from the proven vendor with the sketchy name.

(I get mine from my local shop, about $7.00 installed.)

Who?

My turn .

Where ?

• Member Contributer

I have purchased these and have them on a few rims as well as a few friends rims. They look and act pretty much like the ones you get for $19.99+ As I had originally purchased those for one of my bikes, but that was before I found these.

I have done many of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-Universal-Motorcycle-CNC-Aluminum-Wheels-Tire-Valve-Stem-Cap-90-Degree-/171849984630?var=&hash=item28030eaa76:m:mPlMQSwDB3JXLKFcGEhmIqw&vxp=mtr

I have only had a problem with one. It had a bad core. So now I just install a new core when I install the stem, just in case.

Also, the threads are different from common valve caps so you have to use theirs.

I just add an o-ring inside their cap for added safety.

They look good and the shipping was quick.

You can't beat the price.

• Member Contributer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-Universal-Motorcycle-CNC-Aluminum-Wheels-Tire-Valve-Stem-Cap-90-Degree-/171849984630?var=&hash=item28030eaa76:m:mPlMQSwDB3JXLKFcGEhmIqw&vxp=mtr

I have only had a problem with one. It had a bad core. So now I just install a new core when I install the stem, just in case.

Also, the threads are different from common valve caps so you have to use theirs.

Look good also.

• Member Contributer

Okay, they're cheap, but a non-Schraeder thread on a valve stem? Why?!?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Sorry if this has been answered already, but does the VFR take the 11.3mm size? Any grinding needed to seat the valve?

11.3: yes

Grinding: not in my experience (two sets from Kurvey Girl, love the slogan!):

store_logo.png

Ciao,

There must be a language barrier...

The Valve cap thread thread is different...

The shrader valve is the same as every other tire valve stem.

Why? I don't know. I bought them to try out. I get a lot of request for 90* stems.

I have a pretty decent collection of types and colors on my wheel balancer.

The quality is good. They work.

The riders seem to go away happy.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but does the VFR take the 11.3mm size? Any grinding needed to seat the valve?

11.3: yes

Grinding: not in my experience (two sets from Kurvey Girl, love the slogan!):

store_logo.png

Thanks! Time for a set on my '99.

For what it's worth, Schrader valves on MC and cage tires can use either of two separate standard threads for caps and valve cores:

External thread

Metric: 7.7 mm OD, thread root diameter is 6.9 mm × 0.794 mm pitch

Imperial: 0.305 in OD, thread root diameter 0.271 in × 32 tpi (threads per inch; thread density)

Internal thread (to accept the threaded valve core)

Metric: 5.30 mm OD × 0.706 mm pitch

Imperial: 0.209 in OD × 36 tpi

• Member Contributer

Ciao,

There must be a language barrier...

The Valve cap thread thread is different...

The shrader valve is the same as every other tire valve stem.

Why? I don't know. I bought them to try out. I get a lot of request for 90* stems.

I have a pretty decent collection of types and colors on my wheel balancer.

The quality is good. They work.

The riders seem to go away happy.

I was referring to the Schrader valve cap thread, not the internal thread. It just seems that by using a non-standard thread on the cap they would also be preventing you from using Schrader-threaded extenders, TPS sensors, etc. For example, I use my Zumo 590 on several bikes and would be somewhat upset if I couldn't use the (extremely expensive!) valve sensors just because somebody decided to use a different thread on a tire valve.

Ciao,

For what it's worth, Schrader valves on MC and cage tires can use either of two separate standard threads for caps and valve cores:

External thread

Metric: 7.7 mm OD, thread root diameter is 6.9 mm × 0.794 mm pitch

Imperial: 0.305 in OD, thread root diameter 0.271 in × 32 tpi (threads per inch; thread density)

Internal thread (to accept the threaded valve core)

Metric: 5.30 mm OD × 0.706 mm pitch

Imperial: 0.209 in OD × 36 tpi

I don't think those are separate standards. They appear to be just the metric and imperial equivalents of the same standard?

Ciao,

Archived