'99 Headers On Vtec Bike Help

DavidEW

Need to figure out the proper pipes I need to find. I have an 04 and just bought M-2 cans. Would like to get rid of cat so from what I've read I need the headers off a '99. But that really means I need all the pipes, right? I took a screen grab of a '99 OEM parts diagram off Bike Bandit and circled in red the parts I'm guessing I need to get. Is this right? And I believe it should all pretty much just bolt on...

Thanks-

David

post-12703-0-11808600-1451920297.png

You MAY need #9 & #12 as well as I think they are different from 5th to 6th gens. At the least they cross over differently, but I am unsure as to whether they respectively end in the same location when it comes to lining them all up.

The experts will be along soon...

• Member Contributer

s-l1600.jpg

If not new you will have to have #9 and #12 . If used make sure headers are complete.

PIPE, R. RR. EX.

18420-MCW-D01

$80.96
$59.67

• Member Contributer

Don't bother with the stock 5th gen headers as they are mild steel and even here in the Southeast they will not last as long as the V4.

Go here and join the club http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/82473-tyga-vfr800-headers/

• Member Contributer

I think I read that 5th gen rear headers foul the camchain adjuster on the rear head of the 6th gen motor?

Archived