Frame Sliders For 8Th Gen

VcFR

That's interesting.

Do you have pics of the bike with the sliders mounted ?

For me, your statement is rather strange.

Do you manage to grad and fold easily the side stand when you are on the bike ?

Could you confirm that your shin does not hit the slider bracket when trying to up-shift ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My shin shoot the braket at the very location where you put something which may be an electric cable. Prevent from shifting properly where i wear boots, and is pretty painful when I don't.

How tall are you ? I'm 6'1"

• 2 weeks later...

Got around to fitting mine today and can report that I don't find the same problem that sdouble has posted about above. However, as you can see in the pic there's not a great deal of clearance between leg and bracket but at 5'10" I'm 3" shorter than he is and if my legs were longer and my knees further forward my shin might well be in contact like his.

As you see, to keep the winter at bay I've also painted the bolt heads with black metal paint before installing and used Pro-Bolt's black alloy socket cap covers to tidy things up a bit.

Hopefully I won't be testing them. :wacko:

post-13632-0-22019500-1453561601.jpg

• Member Contributer

After going through 5 bikes so far and maybe six sooner or later I've learned when getting a new or new used bike to just go ahead and drop it, fix it, and get it over with. It isn't if but when and how. :laugh:

After going through 5 bikes so far and maybe six sooner or later I've learned when getting a new or new used bike to just go ahead and drop it, fix it, and get it over with. It isn't if but when and how. :laugh:

Exactly, there's only two types of biker, those who have dropped their bikes and those who are going to.

Which is why we buy sliders... :happy:

For sdouble - I rode it in to work this morning, boot does occasionally make contact with bracket as I'm moving about but not when changing up or down. I think the bolts I have were exactly the same but I added these...

https://www.pro-bolt.com/aluminium-button-insert-m10-pack-x-10-7.html

Received today the re-designed frame sliders from T-REX.

Basicaly, the spacer are much shorter and the main part (L-shaped bracket) is strongly modified

http://https://mega.nz/#!YIARSAaY!4M893TJw_DgwqLr3rUD_TMzJ0-5Mcekyoy8hT4LS6bk

https://mega.nz/#!QQwBGYqC!R51LvtOvscj4ZB7C5CEjzRl-q_lyVL7UBjZ5v-lr8JE

I'll get that mounted this week end but at first glance, that new design seems to me much more clever.

• Member Contributer

My Mac won't touch that website, pity as I'd like to see the new ones

Their website still shows the old design. Wonder if they will update the photos.

Club Racer. Please post some pics when you get them installed. Top view and side view so we can see how far they stick out compared to the old design. Thanks

So they've taken the corner off the puck mount and removed the front section from the back plate? I assume the slider bolts now come from the inside as those bolts can't be seen in your pictures? They certainly look sleeker but I'm not sure how much of an improvement it will be, seeing as the thing your leg makes contact with is the rear corner of the back plate which has to be pretty much in the same place, lined up with the upper bolt. I suppose the sliders have to stick out the same distance to get outside the fairing. Still, if not having the front bolt means the plate doesn't need so much clearance and the spacers can be shorter bringing the corner further in, it might make a difference. Let us know!

Archived