Keb & Dave's Daily Dragon Ride Report! Lol

• Member Contributer

Since I am starting 12 straight days of work and chilly weather with few hours of sunlight per day, I need to see light at the end of the tunnel. When will TMAC 2016 be? Who will be there? Will we get T-shirts that wick sweat? Who will race pit bikes on the go cart track? All yet to be determined...

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hasn't even been cold yet and I can't wait. I have to start my prep early this year. I've been getting a faint smell of coolant when she's warm. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had asked Kevin about this earlier and suggested May31 as a start date.

He has yet to decide.

Couple reasons behind my idea:

-Midweek should be less busy, Memorial Day hubbub/traffic should be over.

-Due to my 7on/7off schedule, it allows me a week to get there, a week to be in NC, and a week to get back, and meshes well with my existing days off/vacation.

Obviously, it's Kevin's show, and he may have his own reasons to schedule it otherwise but anyhow, I threw my 2c out there.

I would like to know so I can book my holidays, and also my brother, as I would love to swing through Pensacola, where he lives, and ride up through Birmingham to see the Barber museum, and drag my old Bro with me to Tmac.

Hey Kev, I hope this might align with what you are thinking, we shall see.....

• Member Contributer

I wouldn't miss this for the world. But scheduling it at the end of May last year made it impossible to attend the AMA races at Road America held first weekend in June. Frankly, I like it earlier in the month like the old days. Perhaps a little cooler earlier too.

• Member Contributer

I owe Terry (above) a pint so looks like I will be there. Been saying that I should go for years.

Well it turns out the Microtel was SOLD this year. Old management left with old owners. I've had several calls with the gal at the front desk that says the new owner is aware of our group and wants to keep us using their facility BUT the new owner has yet to return any of my request for details. This has been going on for several weeks so far.

The only week that hasn't been booked yet is again Memorial Week May 26th - 29th. I think I asked them to lock in those dates, but have no idea at what price the rooms will be.

So tentative dates for the 2016 TexasMac Memorial Ride are May 26th - 29th. :wacko:

BR

Rob, ps I agree a weekday event would most likely provide lest traffic, but it would also require more days off for me and many others. This is why I have maintained the Thur - Sunday scheduling.

Sorry if that doesn't work for you, I can NEVER get it right for everyone! Besides, who likes Canadians? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Your were just here a couple of weeks ago.

It was a last minute thing and I was on the CB. Woke up to a frosted bike and frost all over the ground and even road. Heated everything was much needed. I essentially ran up 28, ran 2 laps on the dragon, ran back down 28, gassed up and went home. A good portion of the parkway was closed for construction on the tunnels, further diverting my path. I decided the trip was horribly ambitious and should never be attempted again no matter the projected high temperature.

I'm game for whatever schedule works.

Of note THERE WERE NO SAUSAGE BISCUITS AT THE MICROTEL BREAKFAST.

• Member Contributer

hahahahha I remember finding these the 1st morning........... with a shelf life of 4 years or so I doubt if there is any sausage in them biscuits!!

As for the breakfast of champions....

P4246932_zps301e444d.jpg.

Oban ferry terminal restaurant

Preparation for the 7+ hours ferry to Barra via Coll and Tiree...

• Member Contributer

Your were just here a couple of weeks ago.

It was a last minute thing and I was on the CB. Woke up to a frosted bike and frost all over the ground and even road. Heated everything was much needed. I essentially ran up 28, ran 2 laps on the dragon, ran back down 28, gassed up and went home. A good portion of the parkway was closed for construction on the tunnels, further diverting my path. I decided the trip was horribly ambitious and should never be attempted again no matter the projected high temperature.

I'm game for whatever schedule works.

NO SAUSAGE BISCUITS must be the new owner .

Damn, that'd be a fun trip, and I have friends in Richmond, VA and Charleston, SC ... but I think it'd be a bit much for me to do the Kootenay Trip, Black Hills, and a trip to North Carolina. My wife would shoot me.

I'll have to plan to try this one out another year. :)

• Member Contributer

Damn, that'd be a fun trip, and I have friends in Richmond, VA and Charleston, SC ... but I think it'd be a bit much for me to do the Kootenay Trip, Black Hills, and a trip to North Carolina. My wife would shoot me.

I'll have to plan to try this one out another year. :)

Get a new wife. :goofy:

LOL ... she's the only one that will put up with my shit. :)

When I got into my head-on collision with a semi-truck on my bike this past summer and I told her I was getting another bike the day after being released from the hospital ... she said "I know ..." and smiled. :)

• Member Contributer

LOL ... she's the only one that will put up with my shit. :)

When I got into my head-on collision with a semi-truck on my bike this past summer and I told her I was getting another bike the day after being released from the hospital ... she said "I know ..." and smiled. :)

Your lucky man then.

gallery_32529_7721_437906.jpg

Archived