2016 Kootenay Hootenanny - July 22-24, 2016 - Official Thread

superfunkomatic

• Member Contributer

Luckily the VFR has only helped out a couple of suicidal chipmunks, although I did try to take out a Toyota Sequia :sad: in 2010.......

Feels good to be walking around to tell about it, I'll bet. Hope the try failed miserably. That'd be a nearly-immovable object to a mc.

• 3 weeks later...

So t-shirt ordering has closed. If there are any stragglers that would still like a shirt but haven't ordered one please let me know by PM or e-mail. There are still places left in the shared bunks (groups of eight), if anyone else is still interested in attending the meet.

I intended to do the t-shirts long in advance of the closing date, but sometimes life just gets in the way. I'll have the design posted when I can.

We have enough money to cover all costs so far. I was thinking of a BBQ at the hostel the first night and going out for dinner/mingling/carousing on night two. Does that work for everyone?

Anyone else get their bikes out yet? First ride was Friday morning at -2 celcius. Love that first ride of the season to get the juices flowing. I hope everyone else is getting out soon, too.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

So t-shirt ordering has closed. If there are any stragglers that would still like a shirt but haven't ordered one please let me know by PM or e-mail. There are still places left in the shared bunks (groups of eight), if anyone else is still interested in attending the meet.

I intended to do the t-shirts long in advance of the closing date, but sometimes life just gets in the way. I'll have the design posted when I can.

We have enough money to cover all costs so far. I was thinking of a BBQ at the hostel the first night and going out for dinner/mingling/carousing on night two. Does that work for everyone?

Anyone else get their bikes out yet? First ride was Friday morning at -2 celcius. Love that first ride of the season to get the juices flowing. I hope everyone else is getting out soon, too.

Good to hear SFOM. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your work on this herd of cats.

Winter has quit early on us here down stream from you weather-wise. Thanks for keeping your polar vortex in check this year.

I went out for a great ride a week ago and am going out again today; it's 49F / 9C right now headed toward sixty. Put the bike away in Dec. with only pure gas and stabilizer. The untended battery fired her right up. Amazing piece of machinery this VFR.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

+1 thanks for taking on the challenge of herding us cats. looking fwd to a road trip, cant come to soon enough!

Been Riding for over a month thanks to another mild winter on the coast, and beside i couldn't resist getting out on my new 2 me R1200S ,

• Like 2

Not riding yet, though the Jet Stream is being good to us this winter, also means not so much skiing.

Still good for Fat Tire Biking,,..

20160117-01.jpg

Summer Dreams

We'll be in Nelson same time as their Market Festival.

Starts quietly with music in the water front park,

20020717-15.jpg

Baker Street is Commandeer'd by Vendors,

20020719-14.jpg

There is the fierce Hoola Hoop Competition,

20020719-29.jpg

If its too much Excitement, you can walk the Calming Maze,

20020719-18.jpg

Then there is the Group Hug, to exchange Beads, and Fleas,,..

20020719-32.jpg

If you gotta make that Kale & Quinoa Quiche for breaky, we're only a Block from the Kootenay Coop.

Though these photos make Nelson look Granolish, its a beautiful place, all amenities.

But Political Correctness has crept in.

They deleted these Dangerous rides from the playground,

20020714-13.jpg

Even I would ride them,

20020714-21.JPG

With any luck, we'll be there for the Summer Sidecar Rally

20020719-02.jpg

2016 Kootenay Hootenanny (Book early for Sunrise Yoga Classes,,..)

Edited by VF1000Fe
  • Like 2

• Member Contributer

There is the fierce Hoola Hoop Competition,

20020719-29.jpg

I can only have nightmares about me and my fat ass participating in this one!

You guys put your bikes somewhere for part of the year? Gawd. That's horrible!

You guys put your bikes somewhere for part of the year? Gawd. That's horrible!

Yup, Hermetically Seal'd, for Your Protection.

20160306-01.jpg

Bikes last twice as long, if ya only ride'em 1/2 the year.

Plenty odder fun to do in the winter.

" I can only have nightmares about me and my fat ass participating in this one! "

If your Butt is Big Enough, you'll always WIN! Winner.gif

20020719-15.jpg

Edited by VF1000Fe

• Member Contributer

(Book early for Sunrise Yoga Classes,,..)

My question is "Will there be sunrise hangover management classes?"

• Member Contributer

I think we should ban the consumption of spirited beverages.

• Member Contributer

I agree: red wine only. Am I right, Polarbear?

• Member Contributer

This is coming from Canadians :unsure:.....

There's an old axiom that 'man can not live on beer alone'. That remains to be seen and tested. :goofy:

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

If we must...............

But I might have to go sleep in Ainsworth then...... And then I would have the hot springs.....

• Member Contributer

Everyone paid up? If you are not staying at the hostel, you need to make your arrangements early in Nelson for Hotel rooms. I don't remember which hotel it was, but a group of us prepaid for several rooms a few years ago in Nelson for our Kootenay Ride of 2010. The hotel booked those room out from under us to another group. I swore I would never go to Nelson again because of that but here I am, going anyways. See what the consumption of spirited beverages will do to your soul?

Any scotch snobs in the group?

• Member Contributer

As I recall the Kanadians managed to keep up quite well at SumSum. :beer:

They were draft dodgers from the Vietnam times. Smoked dope, drink beer and eat potato chips. Women did not shave and they wore burlap dresses.

• Member Contributer

+1 thanks for taking on the challenge of herding us cats. looking fwd to a road trip, cant come to soon enough!

Been Riding for over a month thanks to another mild winter on the coast, and beside i couldn't resist getting out on my new 2 me R1200S ,

Jeff what year.. of course its a SSSA machine.

• Member Contributer

Jeff what year.. of course its a SSSA machine.

2007 they only made them for one year. SSSA whats that stand for longer version of the SS

I wasn't really looking for one came across one by chance while looking for a small DS. Sure feels Good to be back on a VFR style bike I did miss my old bike a lot

• Member Contributer

Everyone paid up? If you are not staying at the hostel, you need to make your arrangements early in Nelson for Hotel rooms. I don't remember which hotel it was, but a group of us prepaid for several rooms a few years ago in Nelson for our Kootenay Ride of 2010. The hotel booked those room out from under us to another group. I swore I would never go to Nelson again because of that but here I am, going anyways. See what the consumption of spirited beverages will do to your soul?

Me!

• Member Contributer

Me!

Bring your favorite single malt. I will bring mine. We can sample.