2016 Kootenay Hootenanny - July 22-24, 2016 - Official Thread

superfunkomatic

The registration should be open still for rooms and the dinner. I did buy a few extra shirts - no monograms on the extra ones. Glad to hear you're coming. You can catch me for the tshirts when you arrive. There's only two guys in the dorm rooms if you want. I could move them together and you and your buddy could share the other room. Let me know - cheap accommodations with the group. 

Oops! Just checked the site. The online part is closed. You can just send payment through PayPal at superfunkomatic@gmail.com. Just use the prices for the dorm, tshirts, and dinner from eventbrite. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, choco said:

Hey Superfunky, it looks like Jim aka Bizbat and I are now planning to attend. Are we too late to register at your Eventbright,  if so are there going to be some extra shirts?

Thats great you guys are going to make it. I thought you were doing a norcal tour this year.

• Member Contributer
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:44 PM, didit said:

We'll be coming out of a few days in Newport, taking the attached route over 3 days.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EmyuKqkCY79gtkq73PQIA4BGHNM&usp=sharing

open?id=1EmyuKqkCY79gtkq73PQIA4BGHNM&usp

Leaving Newport on the Monday, hotels booked in LaPine, OR for Mon, Walla Walla for Tue, then staying at a lake cabin Wed & Thur.

Will be casual riding the whole way, arriving in Nelson late Friday afternoon.

I just checked the link and seems some of our planned roads got changed?  Not sure if I did it correct on this new site format.

Anywho, still have time to edit.

Nice route Tony - hope to see you in Nelson.  Looking more and more like I will be able to make it!

• Like 5

• Member Contributer

Ya, it's been a while.  Looking forward to hanging out with you and a crew of others.

Only 51 more days till departure!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a "day ride" to Fernie, BC to meet with V-Fore and pick up the meet shirts. Thanks very much to Gary for transporting our tshirts across the border. The countdown is on...

• Like 3

Here are the Koot Hoot tees! They turned out really nicely!

P.S. I'm happy with them in spite of my bathroom mirror selfie expressionless grin. Hehe. Now I've got a post with bathroom mirror selfies just like all the cool teenagers. :)

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Mike... didnt get the link for the meet hats :)

Can't wait to catch up with so many great friends and future friends.

Now to get a new sena Unit (after 6 years its needing a upgrade)

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
On 5/29/2016 at 2:19 PM, superfunkomatic said:

Really sopping wet and bloody cold. Just above zero. Brrr. 

Between Creston & Nelway caught rain & Hail & it was very chilly.....at least I had my rain pants on.

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Just booked a room at the Adventure - the old Grand Hotel.  Not being anti-social... I just figure if we are haunting the pubs downtown, I will have a shorter wobble back to my room :)

See y'all next month in Nelson...

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

I hope this fuel shortage due to the Ft. McMurray fire sorts itself out before this trip.  Yesterday when I was riding to Merritt and back, Merritt was out of Regular gasoline at some stations. I think at this point it is more the Shell and Petro Can stations who are most affected.  Maybe someone who lives in the area can keep and eye on that.

46 minutes ago, 34468Randy said:

I hope this fuel shortage due to the Ft. McMurray fire sorts itself out before this trip.  Yesterday when I was riding to Merritt and back, Merritt was out of Regular gasoline at some stations. I think at this point it is more the Shell and Petro Can stations who are most affected.  Maybe someone who lives in the area can keep and eye on that.

Esso and others don't have any problem supplying you gas at a premium price (pun intended). Gasoline went up $0.25/litre after the announcement (that's $1.00 per gallon approximately for you 'Mericans.

On 2016-06-06 at 11:06 AM, 34468Randy said:

As of yesterday it's all over, all stations in Nelson full up all grades. Well, except the Shell station because it's shut down, dug up and getting new tanks. So if we are all full of gas in the back of beyond I'm sure everyone else is also...

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, BlackHole said:

As of yesterday it's all over, all stations in Nelson full up all grades. Well, except the Shell station because it's shut down, dug up and getting new tanks. So if we are all full of gas in the back of beyond I'm sure everyone else is also...

Hopefully this riding group will remain gas-free when off our machines. Remember the shared sleeping arrangements. :goofy:

I'd like to conduct an informal poll. Our budget doesn't support catering for our group dinner on day one (Friday), unfortunately. But...

We could go a couple routes:

1. BBQ steaks, potatoes, veg, dessert and adult bevvies on the patio at the hostel
  2. Prepaid dinner in a pub as a group

Then night two (Saturday) we can select an appropriate meeting place for food and drinks together.

What say ye? Let the heavens rain with your replies....

• Member Contributer

The BBQ sounds nice but I believe it would be a pain in the ass seeing as we are traveling on bikes. Considering we  are all arriving at different times, I suggest that we just meet at the bar and order off the menu there as we arrive. So basically I vote #2.  With a thorough cleansing of the hands afterward.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Well, in order to: 

a. reduce the amount of work for the Organizing Committee (that is you, Mike!!), 

b. to still give lots of flexibility to people arriving early or late, 

Why don't we get our own food at the bar as Randy suggested? 

Night 2 could be more of a group event. 

Just my own opinion....

Thanks,

Christian 

• Like 1