2016 Kootenay Hootenanny - July 22-24, 2016 - Official Thread

superfunkomatic

• Member Contributer

Arrived home at 5:30 pm.  Was delayed about hour and half trying to get over I-90 Snoqualmie Pass due to heavy traffic and construction restricting traffic lanes.  Got a bit toasty sitting in stop and slow traffic under a hot sun. 

Thanks Mike for another Nelson success!  Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones on this trip. 

Kevin 

• Like 4

Home safe..minus 1 SD card that had all of my video from Saturday. I remember seeing it when i stopped for breakfast in Sprague but its wasnt there when I got home^&$%^#$@%#@$%#@$%$#@!%#$

Ending distance...

20160724_190509_HDR.jpg

20160724_190206_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Great fun! Thanks Mike! ! Jeff and I had a blast on the Fauquier Rd.. holed up in Tonasket. Home in the am.. 

Cheers to all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MarkinReno said:

What an adventure it has been! Mike, you go above and beyond. Mikes, Jims, Kevins, D&T, Arman, Ian, Terry... everyone could not have been more friendly. All of you are welcome at my home in Reno,  Nevada. I have 2 guest bedrooms! Give me a couple of weeks notice. Whether motorcycle, mountain bike or ski, I will show you around.

What a blast, safe travels, rubber  side  down,

MarkinReno 

I'M for phone if you can't reach me via this blog. 

20160723_131636.jpg

Have a great ride. The roads I mentioned in Alberta were highway 40 from just after Canmore to Longview. If you're stopping in Banff or Lake Louise the Icefields Parkway is worth riding just up to the glaciers (about an hour). Safe travels!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Home safe and sound – 1,731 kms door to door.  Mike, thanks for everything…  and if the books do not balance at the end of the day, let me know and will PayPal you some $$

Great route home:  Nelson  → Kaslo → New Denver  → Nakusp → Needles ferry to Highway 6 (Monashee Pass) down to Summerland and took the Summerland to Princeton FSR.  Nice twisty pavement at either end and about 60 - 70 kms of gravel in the middle.  Lovely scenery and great way to end a wonderful weekend!

Great to see so many familiar faces and meet some new friends!  Thanks again Mike for everything – it was a great weekend.

I will post a link to all the photos in the next day or so

IMG_3415.jpg

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Made it back in one piece 1/2 hour ago. Good trip across the province with Gary and Randy... now to rest.  Pics to follow tomorrow.

Fantastic event, kudos to Mike for doing a great job, have to hand it to you and can't wait for the next one.  Best of all was getting to meet up with a great group of people again.

Cheers, Ian

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Had a Hoot! Great to see old friends and meet new ones! Looking forward to seeing all the pic's I didn't take....Can't wait to do it again!!!

• Like 4

Cageless, and I had some stop and go coming over Stevens Pass. It always bottles up in Index area, this time the Reiter Road cutoff was repaired so I snaked through that road and came out just above Startup, then inched my way to Sultan where I was able to turn off on the Ben Howard Road.

Great event Mike, and be sure to let us know if the numbers don't balance, I'll be happy to help out. It was fun riding with old friends and hanging out with everybody. Curry and I will start working on the Oregon trip, stay tuned.

Lee in Duvall

P.S. The delay through Index cost me an hour but I was able to weed whack and mow already this morning, and NOW I can relax.

P.S.S. Hey Mike, are we getting icons for the bottom of our screens? Hey, I just noticed, I don't have one for the 2008 Koot Hoot.

• Like 4

• Member Contributer

yycviffer +1 home safe and sound. Hey, did anyone else getted hosed yesterday south of the ferry on the 3A down to Creston?????

There was a woman with a garden hose at the end of her driveway squirting the road when she heard a bike coming!!! WTF and I was doing the speed limit. Hit the hot springs out of Nelson, and spent a relaxing evening in Fernie at the ski hill. Came home today. Great seeing everyone and thanks all for making the trip memorable for my other half. Looking forward to the next and + 23 on the thanks to the funkmiester for all the planning. I have to admit I'm kind of on a down today. I've been looking forward to this since Novemember and now it's over all ready.

Jeremy

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Thanks Mike for  all your hard work putting together an awesome  hootennay !

Good to see all the familiar faces and meeting some new ones as well . Great riding couldn’t ask for a better group of friends  can’t wait for the next one.

2375 km over 5 days door to door  makes for an awesome week :beer:

Cheers

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Here is a link to the photos - thanks to my 'accomplice' Tammy for shooting some photos at the pub on Saturday night!

All the photos should be downloadable - please let me know if there are any problems?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/at537qqt46cls1m/AAANvP5FGHoioqwqK2m9k1c1a?dl=0

Welcome to Nelson!

IMG_0021.jpg

• Like 4

• Member Contributer

Made it home a few hours ago. No idea how many kilometers, what the average fuel consumption was, what the max seed was --ahem.... better that way...  All I know is that I had fun, and that it was great seeing everyone again. Sorry to those who I did not talk very much. I will try harder next time. 

Thanks again Mike, that was a great event. 

And, as Thumper said, let me know if the books do not balance and I will pitch in for sure. 

Cheers!!!

Christian 

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Thumper 8 said:

Here is a link to the photos - thanks to my 'accomplice' Tammy for shooting some photos at the pub on Saturday night!

All the photos should be downloadable - please let me know if there are any problems?

Welcome to Nelson!

IMG_0021.jpg

Thank you, Tony! It was great to catch up and thanks for all the photos.

9 hours ago, Thumper 8 said:

Welcome to Nelson!

IMG_0021.jpg

Super photo, Tony! What a handsome group!

I came home early the other day (touring on a 250 is a bit different - tired - haha).

It was great to see everyone and the chemistry of this group. Lots of fun, good jokes and conversations, and excellent riding companions. Enjoy the rest of your summer, friends.

All the best,

Mike

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Polarbear said:

Made it home a few hours ago. No idea how many kilometers, what the average fuel consumption was, what the max seed was --ahem.... better that way...  All I know is that I had fun, and that it was great seeing everyone again. Sorry to those who I did not talk very much. I will try harder next time. 

Thanks again Mike, that was a great event. 

And, as Thumper said, let me know if the books do not balance and I will pitch in for sure. 

Cheers!!!

Christian 

Like Polarbear, I arrived home last night. I think that we were somewhere around 2100km, which was plenty.

With the exception of the demise of the Kawasaki, it was a nice uneventful time on the road. I learned quite a lot, saw old friends, made new ones, and all in all it was a huge success.

Thank you Mike and Fiona and Niko for ALL your efforts. And of course: there is no world in which you should end up hold the financial bag on this one. Please count me in for fixing any overruns. 

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

I'm finally leaving the Dancing Bear. Headed to Revelstoke and Yoho. I joined Intl. Hostels to do more of these stays.

Full props to Mike and the whole crew for making this such a Fabulous Trip.My happy muscles got quite a workout. Thinking back on the weekend still brings on a feces-eating grin, causing strangers to come up to me and comment that must have just gotten laid.:pinocchio:

I probably won't be making my home safe state for several more weeks. BC and CA are great; it will be hard to leave.

Terry

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I'm finally leaving the Dancing Bear. Headed to Revelstoke and Yoho. I joined Intl. Hostels to do more of these stays.

Full props to Mike and the whole crew for making this such a Fabulous Trip.My happy muscles got quite a workout. Thinking back on the weekend still brings on a feces-eating grin, causing strangers to come up to me and comment that must have just gotten laid.:pinocchio:

I probably won't be making my home safe state for several more weeks. BC and CA are great; it will be hard to leave.

Terry

Thanks for coming all the way out West, Terry.

There are excellent hostels on the Icefields Parkway (Highway 93 just outside of Lake Louise), Banff and at Ribbon Creek in Kananaskis (Highway 40 - Highwood Pass is a beautiful ride) if you want to commune with nature for cheap.

Safe travels and drop me a line if you come through Alberta.

mike

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I had to return to the Dancing Bear late yesterday with countershaft sprocket noise. MainJet at 10am; fingers crossed.

Mike: I was headed to Revelstoke then Banff. I may get a hold of you - you've been warned. Love your suggestions.\

Terry

Didn't wanna get caught in the rain, so did most riding in the early morning.

20160722-01a.jpg

Gettin near Banffff.

20160722-02a.jpg

Albertans like to move swiftly;

20160722-07a.jpg

I could hear the Hardley Madeits start up from here.

20160723-01a.jpg

Some Armchair Riding;

20160723-09a.jpg

Oh Deer,

20160724-29a.jpg

Hit a deer, riding south, about 5 min before the Balfour Ferry,

20160725-03a.jpg

More time and money,,..

In keeping with Modern Governmental Morals, the Top Speed has been Redacted to protect the Guilty,

20160725-07a.jpg

I never did see the Hoser Lady. I took the 10:40 Ferry, so went down to Creston around 11:15 - 12:00

I was moving swiftly, by myself, but not in Hooligan Mode.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

I'm stuck here at the Dancing Bear waiting for new chain/sprockets. Appointment Fri. Considering spending the winter here :------) (nose just grew six inches).

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I could hear the Hardley Madeits start up from here.

20160723-01a.jpg

Well that's because "loud pipes save lives"!!!!!  I saw it on a shirt a Hardley riding was wearing on the ferry so it must be true............ Sorry to hear about the deer too.

• Member Contributer
On 7/27/2016 at 0:30 PM, VF1000Fe said:

Didn't wanna get caught in the rain, so did most riding in the early morning.

Oh Deer,

Hit a deer, riding south, about 5 min before the Balfour Ferry,

20160725-03a.jpg

More time and money,,..

In keeping with Modern Governmental Morals, the Top Speed has been Redacted to protect the Guilty,

I never did see the Hoser Lady. I took the 10:40 Ferry, so went down to Creston around 11:15 - 12:00

I was moving swiftly, by myself, but not in Hooligan Mode.

That sucks, sorry to hear.  Did you have any trouble keeping it upright?