2016 Kootenay Hootenanny - July 22-24, 2016 - Official Thread

superfunkomatic

15 hours ago, didit said:

Now in Newport.  Long day.  Tried to find a new road but ended up graveled.  See Jeff, I try.

Cool here as expected. Enjoying a Dead Guy Ale.

Africa Twin time, eh?

I do a lot of work surveying cell tower sites in Oregon, I'm getting to know the roads very well even around Newport, btw, where I drank way too much beer at both Rogue breweries last year on my birthday. Will be fun seeing you guys in a few days.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Had a great day ride today.  The weather is STELLAR!

Thanks for the road work tip.  We came through it yesterday and this afternoon, thankfully shut down for the weekend.

We're heading E from Waldport on the 34, then the 126 and a few others heading for La Pine, OR Monday night.

When we got back to the room there was a VFR and a Duc in the parking lot - 2 guys (1 Calgary/ 1 Port Coq).

Looks like I'll be booking a tire re/re in Nelson for Friday, so I should be arriving early in the afternoon.

• Like 1

We're into the final week. Glad to see everyone is finding their way to the meet and finding groups to ride with. The itinerary is in the first post for meals and meeting times. We'll have some 'pops' and junk food on the patio for everyone whenever you arrive. I should be there around 2pm (early) just in case. If anyone gets stuck or needs any help please feel free to e-mail me (superfunkomatic(at)gmail.com) or text message me at (403)xxx(874)xxx(9254). My family is driving the car out so we could do emergency service if needed.

Have a safe trip, y'all. See ya on Friday!

mike

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, didit said:

Had a great day ride today.  The weather is STELLAR!

Thanks for the road work tip.  We came through it yesterday and this afternoon, thankfully shut down for the weekend.

We're heading E from Waldport on the 34, then the 126 and a few others heading for La Pine, OR Monday night.

When we got back to the room there was a VFR and a Duc in the parking lot - 2 guys (1 Calgary/ 1 Port Coq).

Looks like I'll be booking a tire re/re in Nelson for Friday, so I should be arriving early in the afternoon.

The weather in the Pac NW has been cooler than normal for July - a touch wetter here and there - but perfect riding weather.  Forecast except for tomorrow is more of the same.    I rode OR 34 to Waldport and back about 10 days ago - almost no traffic on a weekday.  What a road - the twisties over the summit are a treat.   Sounds like you're having a fantastic trip!  Post some photos if you can.  Cheers

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

The weather in the Pac NW has been cooler than normal for July - a touch wetter here and there - but perfect riding weather.  Forecast except for tomorrow is more of the same.    I rode OR 34 to Waldport and back about 10 days ago - almost no traffic on a weekday.  What a road - the twisties over the summit are a treat.   Sounds like you're having a fantastic trip!  Post some photos if you can.  Cheers

Um, was I supposed to stop and take photos?  Oops

• Member Contributer
24 minutes ago, didit said:

Um, was I supposed to stop and take photos?  Oops

The sign of a great trip - too busy having fun! 

• Member Contributer
46 minutes ago, superfunkomatic said:

We're into the final week. Glad to see everyone is finding their way to the meet and finding groups to ride with. The itinerary is in the first post for meals and meeting times. We'll have some 'pops' and junk food on the patio for everyone whenever you arrive. I should be there around 2pm (early) just in case. If anyone gets stuck or needs any help please feel free to e-mail me (superfunkomatic(at)gmail.com) or text message me at (403)xxx(874)xxx(9254). My family is driving the car out so we could do emergency service if needed.

Have a safe trip, y'all. See ya on Friday!

mike

You're a good man, Mr. Stahl.

• Like 1

Well .... poop.

I've been dragging my feet on making the "we can't make it this time" post for e-v-e-r.
But there's no ducking it.   waahhh.
Which is just a major frickin' bummer.    :^(

E-Ticket and Flying Ant won't be attending this time due just "too much other stuff."

Maybe next time, eh.

Be safe and have too much fun everyone.

-- E-Ticket

• Member Contributer

I'm in the public library in Havre MT heading towards Great Falls and mt200. On to Coeur d'Alene then north.

Later

Max 

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
On 7/17/2016 at 10:58 AM, choco said:

Are you guys open to meeting our group riding up from Winthrop to Tonasket and heading east to Kettle Falls roads?

Was out with Jeff the other morning and we will be able to answer that on Thursday Lee..

Ill try to send a message to you guys But i think its really doable :) As long as we meet early

Sounds good, I don't want to change your plans, especially since I never was able to lock in this trip until late. We will stay in touch in Winthrop and Tonasket is just an hour or so away if that.

The Google Map shows 5 hours for us from Winthrop to Nelson and 249 miles. Seems like a nice way to spend a day.

3 hours ago, Axel_7 said:

Was out with Jeff the other morning and we will be able to answer that on Thursday Lee..

Ill try to send a message to you guys But i think its really doable :) As long as we meet early

See my message above, also, if you want we can all meet at this café for breakfast in Tonasket, its getting good reviews and they open at 6 am.

Shannon's Cafe & Deli 626 S Whitcomb Ave. Tonasket, WA 98855

•  
  • Like 1

• Member Contributer
50 minutes ago, superfunkomatic said:

Sorry to hear that e-ticket. Perhaps the next meet. 

Thumper8 (Tony) - off-topic but here's an article about your 'new' CBX - http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/1970s-motorcycles-hondas-six-cylinder-cbx?src=SOC&dom=fb#page-5

Mike, thanks for the link.  It is amazing how much stuff there is re: the CBX.  Pretty sure you could build one from scratch from all the parts available on eBay :tongue:

Looking forward to seeing you & the crew on Friday... I may have to buy you a beer or ten  :beer:

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Thumper

Are you bringing your camera gear? Some of your pictures would make the event even more memorable.

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, CVVFR said:

Thumper

Are you bringing your camera gear? Some of your pictures would make the event even more memorable.

Yep - P & S for the 'nightlife' and DSLR and three or four lenses for rest of the weekend.  See you there Craig...  will be fun and the weather looks amazing!

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

LMD Riders

I mentioned earlier I would get back to you guys with the possibility of a group from here riding together.  Reading through a lot of this and it seems people are going various ways which is fine.  Each has their own wants and wishes.

According to Google Maps, it is about 6h 15m from Chilliwack to Nelson.  SO any of you who are interested in meeting in Chilliwack we can ride as a group from the Time Horton's at 45793 Luckakuck Way.  Careful.  There are two Timmies within a block of each other this one is right next to the Best Buy and Superstore.  It is less busy than the one near the Shell.

So. If you are interested, we can use this as a starting point.  Kickstands up at 09:00.  A full tank from Chilliwack should get us to Princeton and we can take it from there.  No one leading the pack, just firing the starting pistol.  Ride your own ride but give or take, we should stay relatively close to each other to help out if any of us runs into difficulties.  Trouble with the law? You are on your own.

This should have us rolling into Nelson 4 - 5 pm.

Randy

• Member Contributer

I swear officer, I do not know that guy! It just happens that he has been following me since Chilliwack, but I have never met him!!

Hehehe

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
36 minutes ago, 34468Randy said:

LMD Riders

I mentioned earlier I would get back to you guys with the possibility of a group from here riding together.  Reading through a lot of this and it seems people are going various ways which is fine.  Each has their own wants and wishes.

According to Google Maps, it is about 6h 15m from Chilliwack to Nelson.  SO any of you who are interested in meeting in Chilliwack we can ride as a group from the Time Horton's at 45793 Luckakuck Way.  Careful.  There are two Timmies within a block of each other this one is right next to the Best Buy and Superstore.  It is less busy than the one near the Shell.

So. If you are interested, we can use this as a starting point.  Kickstands up at 09:00.  A full tank from Chilliwack should get us to Princeton and we can take it from there.  No one leading the pack, just firing the starting pistol.  Ride your own ride but give or take, we should stay relatively close to each other to help out if any of us runs into difficulties.  Trouble with the law? You are on your own.

This should have us rolling into Nelson 4 - 5 pm.

Randy

I will probably be about an hour ahead of you guys, but I will be taking a couple of off road detours on my way there... I am sure I will see you group somewhere along the way.  White Triumph Tiger with bags

IMG_0026.jpg

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, choco said:

See my message above, also, if you want we can all meet at this café for breakfast in Tonasket, its getting good reviews and they open at 6 am.

Shannon's Cafe & Deli 626 S Whitcomb Ave. Tonasket, WA 98855

•  

jeebers thats even early for me..  4am start time form winthrop

• Member Contributer

Just landed in Walla Walla.  Last time we have net access before Nelson.

Booked in Fri.at noon for new tires & breaks at Main Jet Honda in Nelson.

New owners at Service Creek and no more corn beef (bummer) but still worth the ride.

Chased by rain once or twice in the last 2 days, but looking like hot weather tomorrow on.  Perfect for the lake break.

See ya'll there!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, jfviffer said:

jeebers thats even early for me..  4am start time form winthrop

Choco, if you can let me know what you are thinking for a route on Friday from Tonasket on........ Jimbob

This is a much more complicated question than you may imagine, mainly because I am riding once again with one of my all time favorite riding partners, Jeff and he tends to study maps and finds alternative ways to go, but to answer your question, I generally like to head east through Republic and north from Kettle Falls, there's a side trip across the border just east. Also everyone should know there's a great spaghetti place in downtown Trail, the Collander. Try it for supper as they keep filling your plate and its very tasty food.

I still have to work tomorrow, but let us know what your thinking and perhaps we can hook up somewhere . . . .