2016 Kootenay Hootenanny - July 22-24, 2016 - Official Thread

superfunkomatic

• Member Contributer

And talking shirts are we just doing the generic Guys style or is there going to be a female style... Kinda like it when the ladies look great as well.

Since when do the ladies not look great as well?! You, especially, should know better. :)

MaxSwell, Axel_7 does have a good point. Quite often a man's T-shirt can look like a burlap sack on a woman - it's all about the sizing and the cut.

Okay, I stand informed. Funny though; I never noticed the burlap sack phenomenon. All the ladies I've noticed look great no matter what their tee shirts looked like. After all, it is about the personality inside.

So, that opens up one shared room with BCAL whom I don't know but hasn't come across as an axe murderer. :)

For those that are coming but not staying in the hostel or are local can you please contribute to the dinner fund and t-shirts before the deadline at the end of February? For those that continue to say you're coming, please sign up and make payment for your room and the extras.

So far we're at $2400 total, which covers the facility but leaves me on the hook for t-shirts and food costs (not good). We ideally need about 5-7 more attendees to make things financially viable for the whole facility. If not, I may have to do a 'plan B' and talk to the facility about only booking rooms that have been paid and coming up with alternative arrangements for food.

So, in a nutshell, if you're coming, please show you're coming by making payments. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Superfunk is there a way to send a group PM to the ones that were interested... I know i only come to this page when im thinking about it... Or ask HS or Another mod to get this ride posted to the VFRD front page.

Yep. Good ideas. I'll send them all a reminder to confirm.

It's on the homepage in the right hand side on the calendar. It has been on the front page but maybe they'll rotate it in again when we get closer to spring.

Superfunk is there a way to send a group PM to the ones that were interested... I know i only come to this page when im thinking about it... Or ask HS or Another mod to get this ride posted to the VFRD front page.

Sorry to hear that, Jeff. I'll arrange a refund and post the availability of that room on Eventbrite. Thanks for letting me know with lots of notice.

Thanks, Mike!

Yeah, it sucks ... but it's for a very good reason (not bad - extremely good work related stuff).

Edited by JNBarrett

Chinooks touching down here now ("warm" & windy). Days are longer too.

LookingforSummer.jpg

Can't wait to see our Lick'm-Stick'm Gang Tattoos!

And Belly-Up to the Metamucil Bar, book some time on the Rub A535 Massage Table.

Is there an Afternoon Nap booked into the Day Rides?

So, whats gonna be in our Swag Bags?!

2016 Kootenay Hootenanny " One Night in Nelson, makes a Hard Man Herbal "

Edited by VF1000Fe
  • Like 2

• Member Contributer

This is funny. Yes, there are nap times planned, just before we head to the bar for a sip of Ensure and ... cold barley soup.

Being in the middle of summer in one of the hottest parts of the country and all, I suggest to replace the Rub A535 with :

MonkeyButtPowder_zps5edjx0yc.jpg

I really like the last line too... make us herbal??? :goofy:

C

• Member Contributer

HA! I'm picking myself up off the floor VF1000Fe. I'll show you how I've got my wheel chair mounded above the hard bags. This place is equipped to handle the disabled, right?

• Member Contributer

Great, Looking forward to meeting Mr Bambi Killer :blush: I was beginning to think it was springtime with our weather....today its rain, this too shall pass :beer:

• Member Contributer

I had fears that this was going to be a very much rushed trip for me. But alas. I have withdrawn my application for re-entering the work force and am going to remain retired, re-tyered, inspired and maybe be...just maybe...required at this event. Looking forward to this. Ucktum boogie woogie chicken!

BTW. FOr the life of me, I can't get one of those maps to go into my signature block. Everything I have tried makes the map huge. I have a few other stamps of rides I have done that I would like to add as well but they too are huge.

Edited by 34468Randy

• Member Contributer

If I can get enough points for my kitchen pass can a ride a kawasaki borrowed from my nephew .

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Great, Looking forward to meeting Mr Bambi Killer :blush: I was beginning to think it was springtime with our weather....today its rain, this too shall pass :beer:

I'm looking forward to making a lot of new acquaintances also. I intend to NOT add to my kill total on this, or any, trip.

• Member Contributer

Just how many of you murderous sons of beeches are we going to have here? I count three so far. Four if it includes in cars.

• Member Contributer

Just how many of you murderous sons of beeches are we going to have here? I count three so far. Four if it includes in cars.

I might qualify; but no deer. :3::ph34r: Motorcycle: dog (survived - avoided one but sideswiped the other one), one snake. Motorcycle / Car: chipmunks. Car: possum and kamikaze bird.

• Member Contributer

My wife tried to kill me on my VFR and she's coming. Can she be an attempted murderous son of a beech?

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

So are you asking for and inventory? If so, I can claim two of those forest rats with hooves. :wheel: :3: :wheel: :3: :ohmy:

Will the rest of the murderous bastages please sigh in?

• Member Contributer

Luckily the VFR has only helped out a couple of suicidal chipmunks, although I did try to take out a Toyota Sequia :sad: in 2010.......