2016 Kootenay Hootenanny - July 22-24, 2016 - Official Thread

superfunkomatic

• Member Contributer

All signed up ! See you guys there, unless I can hook up with some riders that may be coming up through eastern Washington / north idaho..

Is it time yet?

jimbob,

CVVFR & I will be coming up, via 97 & St Maries through your hood on the Thurs before. Stopping overnight at my lake cabin in WA.

Then, a nice 250+ mile run up on the Friday to Nelson.

I'll be posting routes later in the new year, but we'd be glad to have you along.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Didit if it works out for me to get out that way any chance of hooking up for the ride to nelson . I would enjoy riding with the 2 of you again .

No problem. I understand.

I simply cannot commit at this time my employer is in the process of a sale, dont know whats going on. I want to go but if I get laid off its not gonna happen.

Sounds good. There won't be a problem with the dorm rooms. We'll certainly set one aside for you.

I am planning on coming. I'm waiting for my tax return to pay. I'll take any bed with a roof. Dorm is fine with me, so save one for me. Okay?

I know! It's 15 below here today.

Another week until the motorcycle show which is halfway to spring. :)

All signed up ! See you guys there, unless I can hook up with some riders that may be coming up through eastern Washington / north idaho..

Is it time yet?

jimbob,

CVVFR & I will be coming up, via 97 & St Maries through your hood on the Thurs before. Stopping overnight at my lake cabin in WA.

I'll be posting routes later in the new year, but we'd be glad to have you along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Is it time yet?

jimbob,

Okee dokee sounds like a good possibility... what Lake.. ?? I was thinking of maybe buzzing over Flowery Trail, and maybe some Lake Roosevelt stuff, Republic, Curlew, Yada yada yada.. Keep me posted of your plan as it develops...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

My intended travel plans for this year are all screwed up....except this one. Still looking forward to it. All those wishing to attend, please help Funkie by getting registered and paid.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you, and renewing acquaintances with a couple.

Well here is some irony. After 5 years of pining about making it out to one of our events, everything finally manged to work out where I signed up for this one. Then an great deal came up on a concours and I traded the VFR in.

Hope nobody minds me showing up on a different ride.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Well here is some irony. After 5 years of pining about making it out to one of our events, everything finally manged to work out where I signed up for this one. Then an great deal came up on a concours and I traded the VFR in.

Hope nobody minds me showing up on a different ride.

I am confident you will not be the only one there without a VFR. You will be expected to do many things though. Most bikes will require debugging at the end of the day, VFR's first of course, while we suck back on ice cold ambers.

• Member Contributer

All good. As long as you have good conversation and are willing to socialize with the rest onus, you are welcome. We may hold it against you, but we will still talk to you.

C

Just figured out and signed up and paid. Looking forward to it. In fact despite the excellent snow thus far and the 18 days of skiing I have in I keep going out to the garage before bed and looking at the bikes... can't wait for riding season to return...

And it's certainly about the people, not the bikes. I may just park the BlackHole in front of the Inn for symbolism, I will likely be riding the SDR.

Edited by BlackHole

I'm 98% confident that by the time this meet happens I will no longer have my VFR either. The dawn of the Africa Twin.

A few updates we have about 25 confirmed attendees thus far, which is awesome.

All smaller rooms are booked except one. There is one shared room with VFR800Canuck (Rob) that is available. I can attest that he is not an axe murderer and all-round good guy for someone that wants just one roommate.

The remaining rooms are the large dorms with 8 spots/beds. If we have further interest, if we could get 4 more people in each room I'd be happy to shut down room bookings and the event will break even. So with Maxwell taking one, HispanicSlammer (definitely coming, no excuses! :beer: ) we'd have 6 more spots. Although, if we have some of the other 'definitely confirmed' folks book we could fill the dorms and be one big happy VFR family. :cheerleader:

Still waiting for confirmation on the meal between a local proprietor caterer and the local college who has a culinary arts program to see who is the best fit for one of the big group meals.

Also talking to a former student who may (fingers crossed) design the logo and artwork for the t-shirts.

As said in previous posts, isn't it spring yet? I thought this was an El Niño year with less snow! Darn you mother nature!

One last note, could the following folks PM me their emergency contact info for the meet:

• V-Fore
  • SquamishVFR
  • BCMCRider
  • Polarbear
  • Didit
  • CVVFR
  • Blackhole

I hope to never use it, but it's good to have just in case of an emergency.

Thanx,

Mike

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I gave a heads up to an Auzzie who will be here for July - September. He was making mention of renting a bike and taking his son on a tour sometime. I sent him the link.

• Like 1

Well, head has been "elsewhere" this past year to say the least.

But there is light on the horizon and Life Is Good.

And to try and make up for missing SumSumII ...III .... IV ....(?) this summer

and to come North for all the peeps who come South ....

E-Ticket and the Flying Ant are coming to ride with y'all. :biggrin:

Will talk w/ my wingman this weekend and commit on a room later this weekend.

Cheers! - ET

• Like 4

• Member Contributer

I'm 98% confident that by the time this meet happens I will no longer have my VFR either. The dawn of the Africa Twin.

African Twin Nice.... Having buyers remorse now. Looking Forward to your thoughts on your new ride and off road reports.

E-Ticket and the Flying Ant are coming to ride with y'all. :biggrin:

Will talk w/ my wingman this weekend and commit on a room later this weekend.

Cheers! - ET

Good deal for you southerners, your loose pocket change = zillion kanuckistan pesos.

Great to see Flying Ant and her official backer upper are coming.:)

• Member Contributer

I'm in for the event this summer - looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting a few riders that I only know from the form.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

I'm in for the event this summer - looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting a few riders that I only know from the form.

What?!? Huh?!?!??!? We can LIKE posts now?!? I have never noticed it before. Interesting...

This being said, that is good news Olive. A Hootenanny without you wouldn't be the same....

BTW, how do you ever choose between the twins?!??! Just curious...

Cheers,

C

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

What?!? Huh?!?!??!? We can LIKE posts now?!? I have never noticed it before. Interesting...

This being said, that is good news Olive. A Hootenanny without you wouldn't be the same....

BTW, how do you ever choose between the twins?!??! Just curious...

Cheers,

C

They used to have this feature over at VFRW as well but it disappeared a few years ago. Too bad. It is a great feature. Lets people know you are on line with their line of thought.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

And I will again be awe struck to be in your presence. :wub:

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

@ Polar Bear - it's easy to choose. One of the twins has hard luggage installed, the other doesn't. I take whichever suits my needs for that particular day.

• Member Contributer

This more and more looks like sumpthin I'd better not miss! I won't know 'til we get nearer the date...

Who's designing t-shirts? (My apologies if I missed it somewhere in the 15 pages.)

• Member Contributer

And talking shirts are we just doing the generic Guys style or is there going to be a female style... Kinda like it when the ladies look great as well.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

And talking shirts are we just doing the generic Guys style or is there going to be a female style... Kinda like it when the ladies look great as well.

Since when do the ladies not look great as well?! You, especially, should know better. :)

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Since when do the ladies not look great as well?! You, especially, should know better. :)

MaxSwell, Axel_7 does have a good point. Quite often a man's T-shirt can look like a burlap sack on a woman - it's all about the sizing and the cut.

• Like 1