2016 Kootenay Hootenanny - July 22-24, 2016 - Official Thread

superfunkomatic

• Member Contributer

A tra.... Never heard of it. No idea. Nope. Does not ring a bell.

C

PS now, if non-VFR owners have to stand last to fill up, buy the first round and so on, think about those who trailer their bikes..... Hehehe.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

C

PS now, if non-VFR owners have to stand last to fill up, buy the first round and so on, think about those who trailer their bikes..... Hehehe.

Peeps who trailer will have a temp0rary tatoo across their forehead that reads "I am a trailering wimp."

• Member Contributer

It actually works out to about $37.50 per night or $75.00 for your stay for the two nights. Now that is a deal.

Hell yeah, that's an incredible deal - that's what I'm talkin' about right there! More beer money!

Do they have a fire pit on site for us to have some wobbly's around at night?

@Randy ... which way are you heading back home? I'm thinking I might take a few extra days and visit family in Kelowna for a day.

I would post some pix of fine parking in north east Oregon if I could figure out how to all photos to this site.

If you make an account on www.imgur.com, then upload your pictures there, then you can link to them here.

Mike: thank you for doing this!

I may be in for this one just checking for the kitchen pass . I will have to wait to figure out which bike I will bring and how . Trailer or ride out VFR needs to be put back together and run a bit before deciding.

Its 3600km from there to Calgary, or 3 days @ 12hr/day.

Then you have to ride that back home,,.. wearing your bike out for nothing (some areas are nice).

Trailer your bike out here, leave your Rig in my backyard, and we'll ride out.

And we won't tell anyone, you'll get the" Long Distance Lone Ranger Award"Winner.gif

Edited by VF1000Fe

• Member Contributer

Joe, come to Kelowna mon! I'd never slag you for trailering.

I wouldn't care if you took the Greyhound as it's simply a pleasure to see you.

The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

They gonna have to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait

Cause Gm's gonna trailer, trailer, trailer, trailer

And Ya'll can just shake it off, shake it off and BUY THE BEER!!!

(as sung to Taylor Swift)

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Uh, so trailering the VStrom would be a reeeeely bad idea, I guess?

Glenn

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Joe, come to Kelowna mon! I'd never slag you for trailering.

I am thinking of heading to Kelowna from Nelson to visit family after the tour ... :)

Hey me too! So we can depart on Sunday together and have a Helluva ride over.

• Member Contributer

C

Peeps who trailer will have a temp0rary tatoo across their forehead that reads "I am a trailering wimp."

I resemble that . . .! It must rub off - I can't see it any longer! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Hey me too! So we can depart on Sunday together and have a Helluva ride over.

Excellent! I'll let you know my plans as we get closer - that sounds like a blast though. :)

If you're coming from Ontario, I hate to say it, but you're not missing much by riding until you get to Calgary.

NW Ontario is a gorgeous ride along the top of the lakes!

If you go stateside ... Michigan's UP has some incredible riding (H-58 is amazing) as does NE Minnesota (Highway 1 is super twisty technical).

The stretch between Winnipeg and Medicine Hat leaves much to be desired though. LOL

Edited by JNBarrett

• Member Contributer

If I were riding from Winnipeg through to Medicine Hat again, cause I have done that, I could flip Depot Division the birdy as I rode by Regina That in itself makes that ride worthwhile.

Seriously though, I think the prairies gets a bad rap. Granted, if that was all I had to ride in every day, I may tire of that. But the prairies has its own beauty. I know just north east of Jeff, there is some really gorgeous country.

• Like 2

Yup, I live in a great area of of Manitoba for riding ... all along the Eastern part of Manitoba (North and South) is gorgeous terrain to ride.

Up north in the Parkland Region (Riding Mountain National Park, Duck Mountains, The Pas, Assessippi) is also beautiful country to ride.

Then down along the entire US border is the escarpment / Pembina Valley .... amazing country (this is the area I hunt in).

The TransCanada between Winnipeg and Medicine Hat sucks though.

Edited by JNBarrett

• Member Contributer

Uh, so trailering the VStrom would be a reeeeely bad idea, I guess?

Glenn

No, it just means you're buying beer all night. :goofy:

C

• Member Contributer

Gotcha. I'll keep updating the confirmed and paid list in the main post.

I just sent you an email for clarification Mike. Wanting to change my reservations by adding to it.