8G Clear Clutch Cover

rhoderage

• Member Contributer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Now that is the best mod I've seen......how come no plated bolts? Seems pricey at first but then I'm guessing it's CNC machined from bar stock, lots of cutting time and then you have to get the temperature/pressure right for the clear section, which I assume is some kind of plastic

First thing I'd do is get the bolts anodised to match the bike.....black chrome in my case

• Member Contributer

Black anodized screws would look good with the pearl metallic black.

Would love to do a cover for an 8th gen, just need someone to send me one...

Are you serious about this?

What kind of turnaround time are we talking about?

Customs would have a field day with that when it came back though, they'd price as a new part and use Hondas price, then screw me for taxes, however I'm in California in May and could bring it back in my luggage "my lucky charm pal"

There's one on eBay UK for £35 ($50US) in black if you want one to try, it's already scuffed so perfect candidate

Regards

John

clear clutch covers looks nice when stopped, but once you turn the engine over and oil splashing on it, just looks bad.

however, nothing comes close to the real thing clear clutch covers trying to mimic, Ducati's open Dry Clutches: :warranty:

fGBKpkb.png

• Member Contributer

clear clutch covers looks nice when stopped, but once you turn the engine over and oil splashing on it, just looks bad.

And you know this because????????

I'd say you're talking rubbish man..... :goofy:

olie2_zpscd70ce35.jpg

http://vid113.photobucket.com/albums/n206/Dutchy_748/sebspeedspecial_zpsf9ed5f90.mp4

however, nothing comes close to the real thing clear clutch covers trying to mimic, Ducati's open Dry Clutches: :warranty:

fGBKpkb.png

All of which sound like a trash can full of gravel about to explode. Hideous.

I've never liked the sound of a dry clutch, there was a video posted once of a dry clutch modification to a VFR800 that I always liked though. It started with the bike idling and hearing that distinct rattle. As the camera panned back you saw a guy shaking a tambourine! I thought it was the perfect description. I cannot find the video, so if anyone knows what I am talking about and can find it, post it up please!

I've never liked the sound of a dry clutch, there was a video posted once of a dry clutch modification to a VFR800 that I always liked though. It started with the bike idling and hearing that distinct rattle. As the camera panned back you saw a guy shaking a tambourine! I thought it was the perfect description. I cannot find the video, so if anyone knows what I am talking about and can find it, post it up please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhYnAeKiTq4

And you know this because????????

I'd say you're talking rubbish man..... :goofy:

because a friend of mine has it on his 2008 GSXR750

and he's a douchebag too.... :goofy:

All of which sound like a trash can full of gravel about to explode. Hideous.

yeah, i've sold that Ducati, if that makes you feel better. :beer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhYnAeKiTq4

Ha! That's almost as good. It was still funny even though I had no idea what they were saying.

• 1 year later...
On 11/29/2015 at 8:27 AM, Switchblade said:

8G ?

$_57.JPG

Ahh found it , looks good.

Ok, so who did the powder coat that matched so nice or is it paint ? Either way I've searched like crazy and no luck finding an exact match. Please someone tell me who did this case.

On 5/20/2017 at 6:50 AM, Thumbs said:

That's a Thurn cover. http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/vfr.html

They don't weld the case so no damage to cover colour, I checked with Gerhard before I had mine done about this

Not too keen on gluing the cover on, if you had a low side or drop it could easily pop off and your day is done for sure. Saves a little money over powder coating but shipping to Germany would take a while and money. Only up side is keeping original case cover which in our case is sorta special and unique.

Archived