Tomtom 4.3" Motorcycle Rider Gps - $150

glassmaker

Question

Amazon has the TomTom 4.3" Motorcycle Rider GPS for only $150 right now. This is at least $60 less than I've seen it anywhere else. You may want to act fast as I suspect it may be a Black Friday special. (Target has the same model on eBay for $209.) Although it's an older model, it still seems like a very good deal.

4 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I have owned a Rider 2 for many years, and cannot recommend the GPS or the TomTom "support."

When a spring in the mount failed after eight months, I checked out the two year warranty and called. They agreed with my diagnosis (the spring forces the contacts into the GPS, without it, there's no connection and no charging), but said "I'm sorry, we have no more mounts."

That was it. No solution and they were sorry.

I had to explain that a warranty was a contract and that they could either make my GPS usable again or they could send me my money. After they declined both options, I had to say "I hate to be that guy, but I guess I'll have to forward all of this to my lawyer."

They found a mount, and forfeited any future money from me and anyone I can influence.

• Member Contributer

It does look like a great deal. The genius of Amazon are the user reviews - they really help me hone in on what's going to work best for me. Thanks for posting.

Happy Thanksgiving.

chasing-baked-turkey.gif

• Member Contributer

tom tom sucks sucks.

ohhhh, you want a reason?? :unsure:

well now,after needing a gps to find an address 3 hours from where i live.. i get to the area and turn on the gps. only to find that the address i am looking for doesnt exist!

so after trying to look at building numbers and street signs while driving, i get off the bike and walk..

and this one building that i have been zipping past for 15 minutes, is CLEARLY marked with the address and has a cornerstone dated to 1888..

but thats not good enough for for old tom. no sirree!! is marks the closest address to this one 1/2 mile away at the other end of the block.. not 10 feet away as it is in real life!!

so even standing in front of the building that bears the name and address of what i looking for, still doesnt compute in to the crappy thing!!

so in short,

tom tom SUCKS SUCKS . and thinks of you as a sucker sucker.

And every Garmin GPS I've used marks my house as being 1/2 mile away from it's actual location. (My TomTom gets it right.) No GPS works perfectly. Using your eyes and brain is still necessary for best results.

Aside from that, it looks like my earlier suggestion of acting fast if you want one of these was a good one. I just checked Amazon again and the price has now gone up to $164. Still a good deal, but not quite as good as it was this morning. It also says there are currently only three left in stock as I write this, although it also says that more are on the way.

Archived