CornerCarver

• Member Contributer

Just had an email to say my kit has been despatched. :cheerleader:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Mine came 10 days ago. Dont get too excited, headset is well made but volume is dire, anything above 40mph forget it, made for pushbikes. My old £45 BT Interphone is going back in. I can still hear music at 100 on my Bird. Handlebar control only serves to switch on and pair at the moment, doesnt even pause my music plus it feels strange in position on the bar. I'll get used to it i suppose. i use the app to track rides which is ok and the app seems to update every week adding functions bit by bit.

• Member Contributer

My handlebar remote arrived today (after I'd paid £22 customs import duty).

2 minor issues with the fitting: the 1200s small diameter grips are ideal, but the heated grip controller already protrudes into the grip area so the Fusar exacerbates this. I'll have to see how bad it is when riding. The other issue is on the 6th Gen which has the older, larger diameter grips. The controller fits ok, but you have to widen the attaching arm and I'm concerned that regular switching between the 2 bikes will cause stress and eventual failure.

I haven't used the app yet (can't understand why without the camera) but I will do so next week.

I didn't buy the headset as I already have superb in-helmet comms with Sena.

IMAG0629.jpg

800 first then 1200.

IMAG0632.jpg

• Member Contributer

Agree on the sunglasses, cheesy as f.... Surprised you guys have not received yours yet. Had mine nearly four weeks ago. T shirts are ok. As skids says the handlebar grip is not that good, i dont think it was made with motorcycle bars in mind. I also had to "stretch" it to fit. The headset is not loud enough for bike helmets. Ill email them about that. 

Apps good for recording your rides, gives you a map and times where you have been etc and an option to share it with friends via Facebook etc if you are into that shit.

I am just waiting for the camera to see if it lives up to all the hype.

• Member Contributer

I'm surprised too. I assumed we would be near the bottom of the pile, being filthy foreigners!  :goofy:

Maybe we'll get the cameras first too!

• Member Contributer

After posting I went on the indiegogo page and remembered I chose the wrist control which is now not supposed to ship til Dec. As is the camera. 

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Skids said:

I'm surprised too. I assumed we would be near the bottom of the pile, being filthy foreigners!  :goofy:

Maybe we'll get the cameras first too!

Sure your Brexit was 240 years after ours but we welcome all. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Other than e-mailing Ryan & the others, does anyone know if there is a formal system for feedback on the handlebar controllers (and cameras when they're issued)? 

I rode to work this morning with the handlebar remote fitted and I have a few issues.

• Member Contributer

I think email is the only way.  "support@fusar.com" . I have have also emailed about volume loudness not being enough.

Apart from the camera controls not working yet i find the pause button is not working yet either. Basically i dont use it yet. It's not very ergonomic for use on m/c bars i find, it gets in the way. 

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, adeyren said:

I think email is the only way.  "support@fusar.com" . I have have also emailed about volume loudness not being enough.

Apart from the camera controls not working yet i find the pause button is not working yet either. Basically i dont use it yet. It's not very ergonomic for use on m/c bars i find, it gets in the way. 

Ok, I'll try that email.

I agree, it limits the amount of bar remaining to grip so my little finger/palm are gripping the bar end weight. Also, the large protrusion with the front button on it gets in the way of my thumb accessing the horn & indicators (only a matter of retraining my thumb muscle-memory, but still a distraction at the moment) and I am concerned that over time, moving it from the 800 to the 1200 and back and their significantly differing bar diameters will cause a weak spot to develop in the remote as it constantly stretches & compresses to accommodate the bars.

I also doubt very much the ability to differentiate buttons when wearing winter gloves too (I imagine it was developed in a warm climate where thick gloves are rarely, if ever needed).

Overall, a little disappointed right now.

• Member Contributer

Same problem here. I find one arm is further apart than the other.Even tried using it "upside" down. Be interesting to hear what the Stateside guys say when they start using theirs.

• Member Contributer

I received mine yesterday.

its not as comfortable fit on the handle bar maybe because it has Oxford hand grips.

& the Bluetooth headset doesn't fit on my Shoei helmet it's like  petruding out Digging into my earlobes. I'm not even sure if it can control music like next track or volume or even to send and recive calls.

sent fusar an email the last night, hopefully a fix.

peace.

• Member Contributer

I emailed them yesterday with my observations on the handlebar remote and received a thank you from Geraud.

Not sure they'll be able to do anything about the points raised though.

• Member Contributer

I always intended to use my SENA for Bluetooth, not the Fusar headset (I hope that's still possible!), and to gut the remote and put the guts into a different remote housing, so I'm more concerned about the production delay for the camera. 

As for the remote not working well on larger diameter handlebars, maybe the Fusar is more targeted at the bicycle market?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, JZH said:

I always intended to use my SENA for Bluetooth, not the Fusar headset (I hope that's still possible!), and to gut the remote and put the guts into a different remote housing, so I'm more concerned about the production delay for the camera. 

As for the remote not working well on larger diameter handlebars, maybe the Fusar is more targeted at the bicycle market?

Ciao,

No reason for the Sena to not work and I certainly intend to keep mine.

Not sure I have the guts (did you see what I did there) to take the remote apart, but good luck.

The remote fits fine on both the 800 & 1200, it's just that repeated removal and refitting may cause some strain which could lead to failure due to the differing diameters of the grips on each bike. A simple hinge would sort it out which is what I have suggested to them.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, JZH said:

Ciao,

Be interested to see how you gut it JZH. Keep us posted on that. Think you are right, the remote is aimed at the pushbike market.

Lets hope the pairing works ok on other bluetooth headsets.

• Member Contributer

Well, my track record on finishing projects is not great... :blush:  But one of those unfinished projects includes a (wired) remote control that I want to be able to use on all of my bikes.  With several electronic items using remote controls, I'd rather have just one remote button unit to mount on the left handlebar rather than several, all looking different, mounting differently and running out of charge at different times!  It's wired simply to allow the various remotes to be bike-powered, but I suppose I could do a big LiPo rechargeable and just recharge it every Leap Year...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:11 AM, Skids said:

I emailed them yesterday with my observations on the handlebar remote and received a thank you from Geraud.

Not sure they'll be able to do anything about the points raised though.

Received a reply from Geraud today:

A quick answer from our design team (who thank you for the feedback), regarding the metal part: "there should be no worry about breaking the metal due to flexing it for larger bars - it's spring steel."

Geraud

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Seeking opinions from anyone that has the handlebar remote . . . The wrist remote would not likely fit over riding gear given the bulk - but any thoughts about using the wrist strap to mount it elsewhere in the cockpit?  I'm not looking forward to less room on the grip to hold while riding.

Thanks for any input.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Received an email saying they're delayed again whilst incorporating new/better features such as a wider fov camera (160 degrees) amongst others. I think they're looking at the start of 17 now.

I do hope they hurry, I want mine for my NZ trip in Feb.

Archived