CornerCarver

The link is still active (post #72) - hard to say if they'll still accept it.

Thanks! I see that it's still active - I've sent Ryan Shearman a PM on here.

If not - I'll likely grab a Sena 20S and the GoPro Backpack module.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Been posting info on the Mohawk over on another forum i use http://www.cbrxx.com/ to see if anybody there is in for one. One guy who was invited to be a beta tester at the beginning of the year posted the original plan/design was for it to feature a HUD design in the visor. Hes just sent me this.

"They started out with a helmet with all the goodies in it, most of them, in the beginning. I signed up to be an early adopter. The last email I got was "you've been picked yada yada yada.....". Then a few months later I've been getting a steady stream of emails to buy their helmet add on's for about half price.

I think I will look at the Sena 20 a bit closer as it does what I want for less. The Fusar system is new. They have been working on it for a while. Not sure, cause I haven't been that interested yet, of what they really have. Sounds like they have put sometime and money in it big time. I do have other info but can't post it here for some reason.

Here's their xmast email:
This came from info@fusar.com so you may want to drop them a line or go to their site.

This holiday season
we wanted to show
how well Mohawk functions
while out in the snow.

We gave one to Santa
and some of his elves.
They're testing the system
before it's on shelves.

The BRC's hung
on the sleigh grips with care
in the hopes that they'll soon
have some HotShots to share.

Our F7 headset
is in Santa's cap,
so he can contact the
North Pole in a snap.

A prototype Mohawk
is ready to ride,
and record several hours
of reindeer backside.

Of course crash detection
will work the whole way,
in case Santa happens
to high-side the sleigh.

We'll relate what he says
just as soon as we hear,
but for now season's greetings
and Happy New Year!
-The Fusar Team"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Anyone else see this today? News from Bell regarding a new 360* camera helmet with bluetooth, wifi, and crash detection ...

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/bell-and-360fly-team-up-on-smart-helmet?utm_term=bell-and-360fly-team-up-on-smart-helmet

That is sweet .

Skully is looking more and more like vaporware.

I'll say .... feel bad for everyone who funded the Kickstarter.

I've been burnt on crowd funding twice ... I won't be burnt a 3rd time. I also refuse to be an early adopter anymore. Too many bad experiences.

All this happened in the past few weeks (one of the course of a year now)

• Member Contributer

Skully is looking more and more like vaporware.

I'll say .... feel bad for everyone who funded the Kickstarter.

I've been burnt on crowd funding twice ... I won't be burnt a 3rd time. I also refuse to be an early adopter anymore. Too many bad experiences.

All this happened in the past few weeks (one of the course of a year now)

You are making me nervous...

... and rightly so.

Unless there's an actual 'ready to ship' product, you run the risk of losing your money. Crowd Funding is an investment, and like investors, you are taking on risk with many crowd funded projects. The reward is usually to be amongst the first to have it and at a considerably reduced price from retail.

Just do a Google Search for "crowd funding failures". Some have raised a lot of coin, had prototypes, and nothing was ever produced. :(

The only Kickstarter project that I've been 100% satisfied and happy with (and that actually made it to market) is the Atlas Throttle Lock. I love it!

All that said, I've been patiently watching and monitoring this product in development: http://www.ridenuviz.com/

• Member Contributer

Anyone else received this?

You were among the first to back FUSAR's Indiegogo campaign, and we are eternally grateful for your support! We're excited to announce that we've already begun to receive production units of our F7 Bluetooth headset and the handlebar BRC is right around the corner. We're getting ready to ship out our Swag Packs and t-shirts, but we need some information from you first!

Please click the link below and fill out your order preferences (BRC type, and shirt size) so that we can get your order out to you ASAP.

Ride safe in 2016!
- the FUSAR team

• Member Contributer

Yes - got one as well. I'd like to have both the BRC and the wrist mount - but looks like for now it's one or the other.

• Member Contributer

... and rightly so.

Unless there's an actual 'ready to ship' product, you run the risk of losing your money. Crowd Funding is an investment, and like investors, you are taking on risk with many crowd funded projects. The reward is usually to be amongst the first to have it and at a considerably reduced price from retail.

Just do a Google Search for "crowd funding failures". Some have raised a lot of coin, had prototypes, and nothing was ever produced. :(

The only Kickstarter project that I've been 100% satisfied and happy with (and that actually made it to market) is the Atlas Throttle Lock. I love it!

All that said, I've been patiently watching and monitoring this product in development: http://www.ridenuviz.com/

It is caveat emptor pretty much every time you pull out your wallet in life. Never risk more than you afford to lose and when looking at something like crowd funding check the team behind the product to see if they have ever brought anything to market before.

I didn't post this until after following the company for more than a year and applying to become one of their alpha test riders (unsuccessfully). I knew that this company had already developed "test mules" of the products and were investing in the Motorcycle shows to show their progress.

Of course I wasn't 100% certain that it would come to market with all of the features originally planned but I felt very good about their ability to meet the published deadlines of providing product after the third quarter of 2016.

Glad to hear some of you are already getting emails about the peripheral devices being delivered early as well as the swag! Hope we get the real goodies early as well.

• Member Contributer

... and rightly so.

It is caveat emptor pretty much every time you pull out your wallet in life. Never risk more than you afford to lose and when looking at something like crowd funding check the team behind the product to see if they have ever brought anything to market before.

I didn't post this until after following the company for more than a year and applying to become one of their alpha test riders (unsuccessfully). I knew that this company had already developed "test mules" of the products and were investing in the Motorcycle shows to show their progress.

Of course I wasn't 100% certain that it would come to market with all of the features originally planned but I felt very good about their ability to meet the published deadlines of providing product after the third quarter of 2016.

Glad to hear some of you are already getting emails about the peripheral devices being delivered early as well as the swag! Hope we get the real goodies early as well.

I just joined 'cause all the cool kids were doing it...

PS: got my email too!

• Member Contributer

I just joined 'cause all the cool kids were doing it...

PS: got my email too!

Does that make me a "cool kid"? Awesome! :happy:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

It's been a month since they requested mailing addresses for the Swag Pack & T-shirts - has anyone received them yet? If so, did the bluetooth and / or BRC come with it?

Good question Cogs, nothing's arrived here yet. But it does take a few more business days (for anything) to penetrate "The Maple Curtain".

Will advise.

• Member Contributer

I haven't gotten anything, and I followed up because I got another email and they were asking for a survey response...

• Member Contributer

I got the email some time ago, apparently, but it was spam blocked or something, so I never saw it. But Fusar were persistent and I finally saw the fourth one!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Nothing here yet either. Still waiting for my supposed refund promised to me by 22nd December. Ah well time will tell.

• Member Contributer

Hmmm, y'all didn't send money to these guys I hope, lol.

Not good ...

Why would you hope that no money was sent to help develop and launch a product and provide those who funded it with a significant discount from MSRP when the product hits the stores?

Why is it not good?

They have been showing beta and later model test units at all the regional motorcycle shows as they finalize tooling for the case that will hold the new camera optics and some related hardware. Stop by a booth and check it out.

Are you two the type of guy who stands in front of the microwave tapping your foot waiting the instant popcorn to be done?

I guess it could be sour grapes that you didn't take advantage of the offer so you secretly hope that somehow the team that is bringing to market fails... *shrug* I don't get it.

Archived