CornerCarver

• Member Contributer

Heres the full text of the Fusar email. It appears to read that early adopters ie myself and other members on here will be receiving before Xmas. To be honest i have only used the handlebar control once as i found it intrusive and the headphones lacked volume (apparently fixed in an update). Once! the camera is shipped ill persevere.

Hello Ade Reynolds,

The ‘FUSAR: The Universal Smart Helmet System’ team just posted:

1 new Announcement:

Homestretch!

First and foremost, we want to thank everyone for your continued loyalty and support in making the world's first universal smart helmet system a reality!

When we began shipping the F7 Bluetooth Headset and Handlebar Remote Control in July, we knew the FUSAR Camera wouldn't be far behind. Now we're on the homestretch and delivery is in sight!

As we prepare to shift to full-scale production, we are conducting a number of important tests to make sure the FUSAR Camera exceeds your expectations. We're testing everything from general usability and photo/video quality to waterproofing and crash-worthiness. We're also making sure our crash detection capabilities are fully dialed in so that it works properly when it needs to. We're happy to report that the test results have been extremely positive across the board.

We have received lots of helpful feedback from our testers and their insights provided us with an opportunity to make some important enhancements that will make your FUSAR experience even better. Some of these include:

• Manually adjustable rear mount (replacement for spring mount)
  • NanoSuction adhesion material on the bottom surface
  • Wider 160-degree FOV lens (upgrade from 140-degrees)
  • 16MP Sony image sensor (upgrade from 12MP)
  • Faster auto-pairing with Handlebar & Wrist Remote Controls
  • Enhancements to the UI in the FUSAR app to improve usability

Implementing these product improvements, coupled with the extensive testing we are conducting, has forced us to make some minor changes to the delivery schedule. The very first units are on track to begin shipping to our early Indiegogo backers this year, and we expect that we will have the first 1,000 units delivered in very early 2017. We recognize that some of you backed us on Indiegogo almost a year ago and we take our commitment to you very seriously. You helped us get this far and we're going to deliver a quality product that you will appreciate for years to come. We are dedicated to ensuring a great customer experience and our Customer Service team is standing by if any of you have questions about your order.

We truly appreciate your patience and we cannot wait to show you what the future of action sports technology looks like.

Ride Smart!

- Team FUSAR

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

At least it seems to be a bit further forward further than the Skully fiasco  :beer:

• Member Contributer

They do seem more legit than most indegogo projects. I like the fact that they are keeping us in the loop with updates. Add to that the trade shows and tv appearances they have made and I'm sure we will have our cameras in the not too distant future. Looking forward to testing and reporting on mine!

• Member Contributer

Just looked at the new Fusar update on the phone app. You are now greeted with a screen asking you to pair the camera with the handlebar control.  Release must be imminent then. :tongue:

Hey Everyone - wanted to chime in, as I haven't made an appearance in quite a while (I've been busy making sure your cameras on coming! :tongue:)

Wanted to confirm that we're getting very close on the FUSAR Camera release. HERE is a link to a sample video we shot last week. Keep in mind, this is raw video with no color-correction, dewarping, stabilization, or any of the other improvements that will be live in the production version. Basically, the final video quality is only going to get better from here.

As for everyone's feedback on the Handlebar Remote Control, we really appreciate the input! I can say that the next version will have a thinner battery compartment, which will reduce the overall width of the device and should provide for a better grip. That said, our wrist remote control has been designed to mount using a wrist strap, or a variety of other accessory mounts. This will give people the opportunity to mount it to their gas tanks, tank bags, or even their handlebars (not on the grip area). We're prioritizing the camera right now, but the wrist remote is ready for production and we will be initiating the first production run right after the cameras begin to ship.

If anyone lives close to NYC, we're going to be exhibiting at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show at the Javits Center next month (Dec 9-11). Please come stop by, meet the team, and see the FUSAR Camera in person before it ships!

While I'm writing, I also wanted to provide some links that you guys might find useful:

https://fusar.com/blogs/news

https://fusar.com/pages/videos

https://fusar.com/pages/user-manuals

• Member Contributer

Thanks Ryan for the feedback. From what you say there is a new version handlebar control that is slimmer? As one of the few who have the earlier "thicker" one can we exchange it?:wink: I personally find the MK 1 version too intrusive on the grip and others have also commented on it. Camera shipping for Xmas? :491: Cant wait.

• Member Contributer

Ryan

Thanks again for facing your investors/customers and keeping us informed. The costs of the new controller will be of value as I for one cannot manage with the grip controller as both my Hondas have a grip-mounted heated grip controller already and another controller does not leave enough room for my hand. I already sent you some feedback on this and it sounds like others did too.

Please can I have my camera first as I'm off to New Zealand on a months biking tour on 4 Feb and would really, really like to take this with me? :goofy::beer:

• Member Contributer

Oi  you, back of the queue.:goofy: Would be good though to get it before your trip.

• Member Contributer

I wish someone would solve the wind noise problem with all of these cameras!

(btw, when it was going slower, that bike engine sounded like a VW bug engine, yuck.  Maybe no sound would have been better?  Next time...use a VFR!)

Ciao,

On 11/22/2016 at 1:12 PM, adeyren said:

Thanks Ryan for the feedback. From what you say there is a new version handlebar control that is slimmer? As one of the few who have the earlier "thicker" one can we exchange it?:wink: I personally find the MK 1 version too intrusive on the grip and others have also commented on it. Camera shipping for Xmas? :491: Cant wait.

There will be a thinner handlebar remote in the future, but not until the 2nd half of 2017 at the very earliest. In the meantime, we are releasing a wrist-mounted version that will have adapters for mounting directly on your bars (instead of the grip) or on your gas tank.

We're sprinting to get the first cameras out for Xmas. It's looking really tight right now. We're expecting to hear back from our manufacturer by next week. If we miss Xmas, it will not be by much. Either way, the units we have received for testing purposes are awesome. You guys are all really going to be pleased. If anyone is local to NYC, we're going to be exhibiting at the motorcycle show and encourage you to come say hi!

On 11/22/2016 at 1:24 PM, Skids said:

Ryan

Thanks again for facing your investors/customers and keeping us informed. The costs of the new controller will be of value as I for one cannot manage with the grip controller as both my Hondas have a grip-mounted heated grip controller already and another controller does not leave enough room for my hand. I already sent you some feedback on this and it sounds like others did too.

Please can I have my camera first as I'm off to New Zealand on a months biking tour on 4 Feb and would really, really like to take this with me? :goofy::beer:

As I always tell our customers, we're riders too, so we understand and appreciate where our customers are coming from. I really enjoy getting feedback from the community and believe it makes us better at our jobs.

Let me talk with our fulfillment team and make sure your order is one of the first we ship. You just have to promise to use the camera every day of your trip!

On 11/23/2016 at 4:21 AM, JZH said:

I wish someone would solve the wind noise problem with all of these cameras!

(btw, when it was going slower, that bike engine sounded like a VW bug engine, yuck.  Maybe no sound would have been better?  Next time...use a VFR!)

Ciao,

Yeah, that was Mike's bike. He's one of our engineers. His exhaust needs some serious love. Sounds like crap IMHO. We've all been teasing him about it for some time and he's finally in the market for a new setup.

Personally, one of the best sounding bikes I've ever ridden was a 25th anniversary edition VFR 800 with a full header-back exhaust from Leo Vince. That bike shot flames like it was it's job. So much fun to ride.

On 11/29/2016 at 3:03 PM, adeyren said:

New update to app just been installed. It's coming!!

Yes - let us know what you think of the new search functionality. We're pushing a number of other updates this month and some massive updates this winter. There will be some major changes, but all for the better. Most of the changes were due to user feedback and I can't stress how important that is. Give us your input because we listen!

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the updates, Ryan. I really appreciate you keeping us informed. I am stoked to get mine and test it out. There will be a full review on our meager youtube channel (see sig) once I receive it. Thanks again!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, rtshearman said:

There will be a thinner handlebar remote in the future, but not until the 2nd half of 2017 at the very earliest. In the meantime, we are releasing a wrist-mounted version that will have adapters for mounting directly on your bars (instead of the grip) or on your gas tank.

We're sprinting to get the first cameras out for Xmas. It's looking really tight right now. We're expecting to hear back from our manufacturer by next week. If we miss Xmas, it will not be by much. Either way, the units we have received for testing purposes are awesome. You guys are all really going to be pleased. If anyone is local to NYC, we're going to be exhibiting at the motorcycle show and encourage you to come say hi!

I have the handlebar remote and also find that it takes up too much real estate on a motorcycle grip.  It's a different dynamic on my pedal bikes where for whatever reason I seem to find it less intrusive.  I'm hoping for a wrist remote I can mount else / any where.  It probably would also be more useful when dismounting the bike to take shots/video when not riding. 

As much as we all would like this by the holidays, I can only speak for myself in saying that I hope you take the time to make a flawless release.  I've been through rush roll-outs in the past, and no matter the hard work, due diligence, late nights and good intentions, things can get overlooked when trying to beat a deadline.  I'm content to wait until it's running as smoothly as possible. 

Thanks for your hard work and looking forward to the rollout!

14 hours ago, zeer0 said:

Thanks for the updates, Ryan. I really appreciate you keeping us informed. I am stoked to get mine and test it out. There will be a full review on our meager youtube channel (see sig) once I receive it. Thanks again!

My pleasure. I just subscribed to your youtube channel from the Fusar account. You've posted some really scenic rides! I'm strangely compelled to head out to Utah for some awesome dual sport riding. Looking forward to seeing more. 

13 hours ago, Cogswell said:

I have the handlebar remote and also find that it takes up too much real estate on a motorcycle grip.  It's a different dynamic on my pedal bikes where for whatever reason I seem to find it less intrusive.  I'm hoping for a wrist remote I can mount else / any where.  It probably would also be more useful when dismounting the bike to take shots/video when not riding. 

As much as we all would like this by the holidays, I can only speak for myself in saying that I hope you take the time to make a flawless release.  I've been through rush roll-outs in the past, and no matter the hard work, due diligence, late nights and good intentions, things can get overlooked when trying to beat a deadline.  I'm content to wait until it's running as smoothly as possible. 

Thanks for your hard work and looking forward to the rollout!

That's the exact mentality we're taking. We're very sensitive to the quality of the product and as much as we'd like to have hit every deadline, it's imperative we make sure the product is ready when it ships. Thanks for the continued support!

• 1 month later...

Archived