CornerCarver

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, adeyren said:

I bloody knew it !! Screwed. Bang goes my investment. 😂

Dear FUSAR community,

Many of you have been reaching out to inquire about the status of the camera, so we would like to provide an update on where things stand. 

Over the last year and change, we have worked diligently to finalize the device and release it for mass production. This has been an intensive process from a development standpoint as well as a financial one. We endeavored to create an entirely new experience for riders and it has been a costly journey. Despite our best efforts, we have been unable to raise the capital necessary to complete the camera project. Unfortunately, as of now this means the camera project is officially on hold while we continue to look for further financial and production options.

We are currently working with our investors and advisors to determine the best path forward for all parties, including our Indiegogo backers. 

In seeking capital or other alternatives, including M&A, we cannot offer refunds at this time. We understand that this is a difficult and frustrating situation for all, including our team.

While we sort things out, we can assure you all that the FUSAR app and supporting hardware will continue to function.

We would like to thank every member of the community for the support you have shown our team so far and we apologize for failing to deliver the entire suite of products we set out to make. We are working hard to determine the best path forward and will keep you all posted as developments occur.

- the FUSAR team

At least the crap app works.  🤣

I have not received this update.  What I think is more disappointing than the failure to deliver or receive updates as above, were the what are now in hindsight clearly misleading   "updates" (detailed in the post above, Oct 12, 17), leading people to believe that they were having development and production issues, "red tape" with the FCC and that they were "moving forward" "and growing" -  when the reality was they were running out of money.   If they're looking for investors or a merger partner, that is an enormous red flag.  All management has is their reputation and unfortunately Fusar's is now dead.   Their only hope is to get new people to believe them to obtain even more funding, and smart money will not let that happen.  They might find a company to buy the technology but I find it difficult to believe that such a buyer would honor the crowdfunding sponsors.   In the highly unlikely event that this is resurrected, it shall be re-named the "Phoenix", as this thing is dead. 

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even slightly surprised.  What does surprise me, however, is how many people are still willing to make these "investments" given the abominable completion record of the instigators of these scams. 

• Member Contributer

I received the same email.

If they were genuine, I'm really sorry they failed.

If they weren't, then I hope they rot...

• Member Contributer

I think they were genuine. At least i received the bar control (redundant) headset and free tee shirts. Plus work went into the app. I think they overeached themselves in the end. Live and learn. 

• Member Contributer

It was a hell of a lot of work for a "scam".  They tried; they failed.  I gambled; I lost $200...

Ciao,

On 11/22/2015 at 11:53 PM, Shinigami said:

I imagine horror stories like the British drone company failure and the apparently soon to be/continuing horror story around the Skully helmet may have poisoned the well for some of us when it comes to this sort of thing.

Well, as I said three years ago on this very thread...

• Member Contributer

If i had lost my money in the first couple of months, then yes i would have been pissed off. Two and a half years later? So what. Life's a gamble and times a great healer. 

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I think the worst thing, besides losing the money in the first place, is the constant dangling of the product as "almost finished",

"nearing completion", "nearly ready to ship",  etc. Why can't they just be up front and ethical about it? "Sorry guys, we fucked up

and found out we can't do what we thought we could".

• Member Contributer
On 12/19/2018 at 11:32 AM, FJ12Ryder said:

I think the worst thing, besides losing the money in the first place, is the constant dangling of the product as "almost finished",

"nearing completion", "nearly ready to ship",  etc. Why can't they just be up front and ethical about it? "Sorry guys, we fucked up

+1 .

On 12/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, FJ12Ryder said:

Well, exactly.  At no time did they do anything except aggressively shill the thing.  What's amazing is the Stockholm syndrome-like attitude of some of those who were left with nothing for their money.

• Member Contributer

Well, we take the risk when we back anything crowd funded. As disappointed as I am in the whole Fusar team, I knew it was a possibility when I put up my money that I may never see a finished product. I just feel bad for those who sunk a lot of cash into this for some funky sunglasses and a couple of shirts. The product had promise, but the team over-reached and couldn't deliver. Live and learn......

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Has anybody else just received this email? 

View this email in your browser.

bf12378d-0d5f-47b9-b80b-2c474bb1385f.png

Exciting changes are coming!

Hello Fusar app users,

We're excited to announce that the Fusar app is about to undergo some very exciting changes. In fact, there are a number of serious updates already in the works. Everything is fair game this time around. In order to maximize the benefits of these updates, we want to hear from you.

We're also willing to make it worth your while. We've included a link to a brief user survey below to take your input and suggestions into account. 

It takes just a few minutes to complete the survey and in exchange for doing so, we'll buy you a coffee from your coffee shop of choice. You read that right. No catch, just a quick survey in exchange for some free java.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Copyright © 2019 Fusar Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.

Fusar Technologies, Inc.
78 John Miller Way
Kearny, NJ 07032

Want to stop receiving these emails? Unsubscribe from this list.

• Member Contributer

Exciting

excited

exciting

Everything is fair game

maximize

Did Donald's press office release this? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I'm just curious whether Fusar has delivered on all its promises. I know some time back people

were saying they hadn't gotten some things they were supposed to. Did all that get cleared up

and now all is as it should be?

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, FJ12Ryder said:

I'm just curious whether Fusar has delivered on all its promises. I know some time back people

were saying they hadn't gotten some things they were supposed to. Did all that get cleared up

and now all is as it should be?

I got a tee-shirt.

Not exactly what I put my money in for.

• Member Contributer

Let me see if I have this straight.

The company never followed through on all of its products, but is still operating and promising

new features. How, exactly, can they do that? Is there a place one can go to registers one's disgruntlement

with the operation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 7/19/2019 at 5:07 PM, JZH said:

I got two!

Ciao,

JZH

I bought ten sets. Was going to gift them to my riding friends and others and outfit the spare helmets for when friends show up to ride here.

My apologies to the great VFRD forum members who invested after I brought this to your attention.  I will not do that again regardless of the product or company.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, CornerCarver said:

I bought ten sets. Was going to gift them to my riding friends and others and outfit the spare helmets for when friends show up to ride here.

My apologies to the great VFRD forum members who invested after I brought this to your attention.  I will not do that again regardless of the product or company.

M8, you got suckered in just like the rest of us. We made our own choices.

Don't sweat it. :beer:

Archived