CornerCarver

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Sounds like sour grapes .:schla15:

"Sour grapes" for not giving money to a company for a product that has yet to appear? I don't think so.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
On 2/12/2016 at 7:41 PM, CornerCarver said:

Why would you hope that no money was sent to help develop and launch a product and provide those who funded it with a significant discount from MSRP when the product hits the stores?

Why is it not good?

They have been showing beta and later model test units at all the regional motorcycle shows as they finalize tooling for the case that will hold the new camera optics and some related hardware. Stop by a booth and check it out.

Are you two the type of guy who stands in front of the microwave tapping your foot waiting the instant popcorn to be done?

I guess it could be sour grapes that you didn't take advantage of the offer so you secretly hope that somehow the team that is bringing to market fails... *shrug* I don't get it.

?  me too .

• Member Contributer

Chill guys, I don't think there's any sour grapes here. It's all just our own opinions.

However, that quote above from OVER A YEAR ago with them showing beta models and working towards production simply highlights to me that they've either been unlucky or mismanaged. They must know they had a head start on the opposition (why else did we agree to crowd fund) but they've kinda missed the boat now and it's likely the camera will be nothing significant when it does appear. Easy to sit on the outside and complain, but I do wonder whether they could have done better.

• Member Contributer

Indeed. :beer:

In the meantime, I've gone and bought one of these, a Nextbase Ride. 1080p with 140 degree view, GPS logging and a deceleration sensor which protects the last section of footage. It's not small, but didn't cost very much off ebay and at least I have it NOW!

N2NkZWE5M2Y5MmRlY2EzMmVhMTBmN2VkMzc2ZDMx

• Member Contributer
44 minutes ago, Skids said:

Indeed. :beer:

In the meantime, I've gone and bought one of these, a Nextbase Ride. 1080p with 140 degree view, GPS logging and a deceleration sensor which protects the last section of footage. It's not small, but didn't cost very much off ebay and at least I have it NOW!

N2NkZWE5M2Y5MmRlY2EzMmVhMTBmN2VkMzc2ZDMx

Nice ..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Had this just land in my inbox.

Hello previous rider of the week,

Starting this week, we are awarding all new ROTW winners with a free F7 Bluetooth headset. We would like to include previous winners in this promotion as well and are reaching out to provide you with your custom checkout code, which can be used at Fusar.com to redeem your prize (note: shipping not included).

Custom code: ****

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

Jade Wallace
Customer Service & Logistics Manager

Guess ill be reaching out to CornerCarver for delivery  :beer:

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, there was a new video message last week...still no cameras, though...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Yep, still awaiting some vital updates to bring us the best experience or some other PR crap like that.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Just posted up a ride route into Wales today - with the comment "when's the camera due?" Ryans always posting and commenting on his rides, lets see if he comments on this. 

• Member Contributer

I got an email the other day saying they have fixed the “bugs” and are almost ready for production. WTH! I will be shocked if we ever receive what we were promised. But so goes the stories of crowdfunding. If we do eventually get the cameras, they’ll be obsolete.SMH.

• Member Contributer

Been waiting 2? years now. Agree, probably be obsolete if and when it arrives.  Ah well - like life -  it's a gamble :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Lads, you got screwed.

Why pay a bit less for something that is not a product, just wait and pay a tad more for an actual product.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 9/10/2017 at 4:26 PM, Nelix said:

Lads, you got screwed.

Why pay a bit less for something that is not a product, just wait and pay a tad more for an actual product.

Any  more communications from headquarters ?

• Member Contributer

Funnily enough i looked on the Fusar Facebook page last night. Nothing but self congratulatory crap about how awesome the app is etc etc. Yeah right, I've got other apps that do the same thing. It will be two years in November since i bought into this and so far a useless handlebar control that is gathering dust somewhere is all i have - oh and a pair of blue framed sunglasses and tee shirt that i had to pay $25 import fees on. Apparently "some" cameras have been shipped in the States??

Posted a comment on their page asking when we will get delivery but no answer yet. 

https://www.facebook.com/fusartech/

• Member Contributer

Sena's Momentum Lite helmet (full face helmet with integrated bluetooth comm) arrives next month.  In early '18 the Momentum will also have a built in camera option. 

• Member Contributer

Skully is getting revived with a new financial backer and management team, sounds like they'll be delivering product to those who've backed them and/or bought helmets from the original company.

Wonder if that will happen before Fusar delivers...

• Member Contributer
3 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

Skully is getting revived with a new financial backer and management team, sounds like they'll be delivering product to those who've backed them and/or bought helmets from the original company.

Wonder if that will happen before Fusar delivers...

Even with the backing, why would anyone ever possibly trust them again?  There is a really funny article on that subject (along with an even more hilarious pod cast) on Asphaltandrubber.com.   Fool me once... I would still want my damn money back.

• Member Contributer

Actually got a reply via their Facebook page.

"  Hi Ade - we do not have specific dates for delivery, however, we have been sending updates regarding our progress. Have you been receiving them?"

My reply will be "Of course i been fricking receiving them, non bloody stop. That's all i get are updates! "    :mad: But no camera. :mad:

• Member Contributer
38 minutes ago, deltaboxii said:

Even with the backing, why would anyone ever possibly trust them again?  There is a really funny article on that subject (along with an even more hilarious pod cast) on Asphaltandrubber.com.   Fool me once... I would still want my damn money back.

New team means NEW, the original owners (crooks) are not going to be involved, other than in the hand off stage. Seems there are people who are still hopeful to get what they ordered/supported...

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/skullys-new-coo-john-lauten-opens-up-about-the-companies-future

• Member Contributer

I get that its a new management team, but the sheer marketing stupidity is insane.  If its a new team, why not a new name?  Why have any association with the old company at all?  The tech is the same.  Skully (and now Fusar unfortuantely) have a poor reputation in the motorcycle community. 

Put another way, do you think that anyone would buy a Pinto or if another car company launched one today? 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, deltaboxii said:

I get that its a new management team, but the sheer marketing stupidity is insane.  If its a new team, why not a new name?  Why have any association with the old company at all?  The tech is the same.  Skully (and now Fusar unfortuantely) have a poor reputation in the motorcycle community. 

Put another way, do you think that anyone would buy a Pinto or if another car company launched one today? 

Read the article, the COO explains the reasoning about using the same name...I AM NOT PROMOTING SKULLY nor do I have any insight into the reasons why people do what they do, I’m just mentioning the fact they are back and that the new owners are trying to make good on the original promise. A lot of companies change management without changing the name, there are a number of reasons why one should or should not change a name but ultimately they are the ones who can answer that question not me.

Archived