CornerCarver

• Member Contributer
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:29 PM, rtshearman said:

As I always tell our customers, we're riders too, so we understand and appreciate where our customers are coming from. I really enjoy getting feedback from the community and believe it makes us better at our jobs.

Let me talk with our fulfillment team and make sure your order is one of the first we ship. You just have to promise to use the camera every day of your trip!

Ryan

Any update on this? We leave for New Zealand in less than 3 weeks!

Cheers.  :beer:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I just received an email from them stating that they're having the first run of cameras manufactured in Texas.  The timeline given was " Production and delivery of the camera will commence within the first quarter of 2017. "    It went on to say something about how difficult it is to work with manufacturers in China during Chinese New Year - so maybe subsequent runs will be made there rather than in Texas.  They went on to say to say that their blog will contain a "full schedule".  That seems to be it for now. 

• Member Contributer

I received the same e-mail but I thought it was in direct reply to my e-mail to them. Curious. Maybe it was just coincidence. Still, disappointing as I doubt it will make it here by 4 Feb now. :angry:

Greetings & Happy New Year!

We would like to thank you for your support and patience while we put the finishing touches on the FUSAR Camera. We have been working long and hard to bring you a quality product that goes above and beyond your expectations. We are here to tell you that the wait is almost over! 

Production and delivery of the camera will commence within the first quarter of 2017. Listed below is your order information and shipping group. This group designation will dictate when you can expect to receive you camera.

Name: Gareth Walker
Order #: 164
Shipping Group:

Anyone familiar with manufacturing in China knows how challenging it can be to communicate with overseas vendors during Chinese New Year. Fortunately, we will be producing our first run of FUSAR Cameras right here in the U.S.A. - Texas to be specific. A number of our engineers are in Texas meeting with our camera manufacturer this week and we expect to have clear ship dates when they return. We will follow up with the approximate ship date for your group as soon as that happens. A full schedule will also be posted to our blog.

Best regards,
Jade

Jade Wallace
Logistics Manager

dbb04a32-d7b3-4983-a0fb-f94bdcc1f368.jpg
http://fusar.com
Fusar Technologies 385 Monmouth Street Suite 2 Jersey City, NJ 07302 USA

• Member Contributer

Just had the same. Seems Skids has stirred them up. Shame you won't get it before the trip. You could have road tested it for everyone.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, adeyren said:

Just had the same. Seems Skids has stirred them up. Shame you won't get it before the trip. You could have road tested it for everyone.

Seems it may just have been a coincidence rather than my email which prompted this, especially as it is from a different person/department than the person I sent my email to.

After having waited for so long now, with delay after delay, I'm not holding my breath nor expecting it to arrive before we leave for NZ. :sad:

• Member Contributer

Latest e-mail. Looks like I wont get the camera before we leave. :angry:

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for reaching out concerning your order #164 - Camera starter pack (Fusar camera & handlebar remote control). We will begin shipping cameras this quarter and in reference to your email update sent this morning, a follow-up on the shipping time-range per group is to be released. We understand that you are excited to finally receive your camera and are very much looking forward to it, with that said, it is unlikely that you will receive your unit prior to your planned holiday trip. Clearer details on an approximate ship date will be included in the follow-up.
We thank you for your patience at this time and please know that you can reach out to us with any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Jade

More for my own interest than a real development - received an email from Fusar with what I interpret to be my order (sequence?) number from the group buy and more importantly a shipping group identifier.  Am located just north of Toronto and wonder if anyone else in the North East area has the same shipping group "C" identifier?  

Name: Richard Cranium (could be lies)
Order #: 610

Shipping Group: C

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, VFRpwr said:

More for my own interest than a real development - received an email from Fusar with what I interpret to be my order (sequence?) number from the group buy and more importantly a shipping group identifier.  Am located just north of Toronto and wonder if anyone else in the North East area has the same shipping group "C" identifier?  

I am not in the GTA but my shipping group is B.  I have yet to see an update for North America to the App that Adeyren reported yesterday either.

Kind of cool that the first batch (which I assume we as early adopters will receive) will be made in North America.

• Member Contributer
On 1/19/2017 at 1:50 PM, VFRpwr said:

Same here in the UK, shipping group c whatever that means.

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

They just updated the app in North America.

Still no horizontal mode...I have other apps that are horizontal-only!

Ciao,

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well...

Please be assured we are working feverishly to deliver your unit as quickly as possible. Below is a conservative timeline that breaks down the last remaining steps our team has identified during a recent visit to our manufacturer:

• Feb – Mar: PCB fabrication, HALT/HASS testing 
  • Mar – Apr: Regulatory certification
  • Apr – May: Delivery to Group A
  • May – Jun: Delivery to Groups B & C
  • June & beyond: Delivery to new customers & retailers

I had thought they were supposed to be shipping before Christmas?  Guess not...  (I'm in Group B, I think.)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I'm in group C and I'm not too optimistic that I'll get my camera by their date. At this point, I'll be happy with this summer. But we shall see.....

• Member Contributer

Where did you get that info JZH? Haven't heard anything here. I'm in Group B as well. Means it will be too late for my trip to Croatia. Damn

• Member Contributer

It was an email to me from Indiegogo, sent 22 February, titled "Updates from ‘FUSAR: The Fusion of Technology & Adventure’"

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

It's already too late for me as we near the end of our trip to NZ and it's starting to sound like more and more excuses from them.

Money wasted?

1 hour ago, Skids said:

It's already too late for me as we near the end of our trip to NZ and it's starting to sound like more and more excuses from them.

Money wasted?

Too bad about your NZ trip, Skids.  Am not counting on having mine for TMAC this year as I believe the FUSAR group is feeling the pain of being manufacturing neophytes.  I like their concept enough to wait through these delays.  Integrating existing hardware with novel, new software from a new team was going to have some teething problems and for some unknown reason North American business management only makes plans for everything going smoothly (maybe it's the Mayfly-like 3 month life cycle they have?).  Combine working with an off-shore contractor and it's a steep learning curve.  Can't comment on what challenges they face on the electronics end but on the plastic molded case I'm pretty sure they didn't count on having to rework the molds 2 or 3 times or perhaps even re-make them (not an uncommon situation when dealing off-shore (also the reason the MBA's have begun using the term "re-shore").

Am keeping the faith but multiplying the delivery estimates by a factor to avoid short term disappointment.

- these guys did get a big buy-in from a national retailer, which makes me feel a lot better about their ability to deliver.  Otherwise I'd wonder when their seed money would run out as well.  

• Member Contributer

By the time it arrives........... June? it will be nearly 12 months since i had the handlebar controller which is sat forlornly on a shelf as its no use at all!:mad:

Archived