CornerCarver

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well my swag pack arrived last week with a nasty surprise! On the package delivered by our Royal Mail crooks was a label with "Customs Fee To Pay". Went as follows:

Import Duty £0.00

Excise Duty £0.00

VAT £4.19

Royal Mail International Handling Fee £8.19!!!! WTF! Never had that before. Robbing b......s. Will ask Fusar to send future packages by Fedex, DHL etc etc. Package was worth $30 on the label plus $17 charges. Consisted of two tee shirts (ok) and a blue framed pair of sunglasses. I look a twat in them. :cool:

Selfie to follow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hi

is the group buy still around?

im just scared handing over money not getting my product right away, how does it work if I live in Australia?

• Member Contributer

The group buy ended quite some time ago.  Once product is available you should be able to buy it in the open market, though at a higher price.  At least by then you'll be able to get some user feedback before purchase.  

• 4 weeks later...

Home from TMAC and I see an email from FUSAR "The FUSAR Android app is officially in open beta!" with a statement that iOS would be following.

- we all should have received the same mail, yes?

I didn't specifically buy it for communications' use but after TMAC I can very much see its value in a group ride - would cut down on direction stops almost completely!

• Member Contributer

No e-mail this side of the pond.

• Member Contributer

None to the great white north yet .

• Member Contributer

Looks like just in Adroid market US for now.  More to follow.

• Member Contributer

I used a US address, but no email, either...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Just downloaded the Fusar app here in the UK

• Member Contributer

Now I am getting jealous....I may have to dust off, charge, and fire up some old android device just so I can play with the app.

• Member Contributer

At the moment you can't really do much with it from a quick look. Seems to be only speed and mileage etc. Some applications are greyed out. Camera issue must be imminent then. Seems the like the doom-mongers were wrong

• Member Contributer

I got my email yesterday and installed the app.  Yeah, not much to do with it, yet, just social media-stuff at the moment. 

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Google Play Store updated it this morning. Haven't played yet to see if there's anything new.

• Member Contributer

Played with it tonight on a local run (on my BBird, sorry, no bricks at me. She is so much fun, VFR is in the workshop). Put the app in tracking mode. End of the run linked me to a map etc of where i've been, ave speed etc etc. Didn't pick up my lean angle though. Shame, i had a right tank slapper at one point, centre stand dug in. So far so good. Seems to have loads of potential. Roll on the camera delivery.

Ps , battery consumption on my Samsung S5 was very low ie 12% over an hours ride in tracking mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Just received this email:

New Campaign Update!

Hello,

The ‘FUSAR: The Action Sports Technology Platform’ team just posted:

1 new Announcement:

We have officially launched!

Watch on Vimeo

Checkout the teaser video!

Android App is LIVE

elni3ikagt09xgiojdio.png

The FUSAR app is officially available for public download in the Google Play Store! CLICK HERE to download it today.

Now Shipping

hztcmfh9zmh87lynhwrl.jpg

We have started fulfilling our Indiegogo orders! Pre-order customers will receive an email update at the end of the day their package(s) ship. We expect to have all headsets and handlebar remote control units shipped by the end of next week, so keep an eye on your mailbox!

New Website

hwvlxaxfm6hvuz0wwwbp.png

We have just launched a new website! Click the link below for access to our new online store, detailed product information, and our blog. This is your one-stop-shop for everything FUSAR.

http://fusar.com

Reply directly to this email to respond to the campaign owner, FUSAR . Visit the campaign page to view all comments and updates for this project.

Help spread the word about the campaign!

Fb icon 8e99465159f5827183e221073444d80bb128aef578d180c132b4b0a6779f91a4Twitter icon 35daf382fff4f34a671d1f5ec8a220791d62ba5eac48e55b7db6f28d9fba8cd9Gplus icon d28b243eebc7c5ec24af803563b03c06caeafd1c74d7ed9f307446bf37c598a3Email icon ce6d3246fd86b352f0e17de362c489a802a4a685e20bc6c02cc8d57d9c915b7b

Sincerely,
The Indiegogo Team

• Member Contributer

Ditto the same email. Strange, the beta app updated itself this morning.

Clicked on the link and it takes me to the same download of the beta version app.

• Member Contributer

Just been using the app for my ride over to Ireland. Worked fine all the way from Worcester UK. However on yesterdays 240 mine ride out the app would not start. Seems to need to have a Wi-Fi signal to begin. If you are in the middle of nowhere it does not start. Remember to fire it up before you start. Anyone else experienced this.  

Anyone know when the units are being shipped to the UK? Haven't heard anything here.

• Member Contributer

I have been trying to play with it but every thing i have is apple now....may have to get out an old Motorola android phone and just play with the app.

• Member Contributer

Just had an email from Fusar. Looks like the cameras been shipped to me in the UK. At last.

• Member Contributer

Damn, Fusar are sending it through USPS. That guarantees a big import duty to pay plus our Post Office charges an "international handling fee" robbing b......s.

Don't get that through all the other freight carriers.

UK buyers, be prepared.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, adeyren said:

Damn, Fusar are sending it through USPS. That guarantees a big import duty to pay plus our Post Office charges an "international handling fee" robbing b......s.

UK buyers, be prepared.

Bummer. I could forward the next items if you want to have them send yours to me first.

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, adeyren said:

UK buyers, be prepared.

They're shipping the camera?  I don't think so at this point.  I'd read it was just the Bluetooth headset and remote control--the camera is coming later. 

FWIW, all international carriers are now doing customs into the UK--and in my experience, they always do it and always charge a "clearance fee" even if there is no duty to be paid.  At least with USPS-Royal Mail/ParcelForce, there is the possibility that the package will slip through...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

JZH, sorry was under the impression it was coming as a complete package. Whats the point of sending the headset and remote control........... you cant use it.

On the contrary, any USPS and P Office packages i have had  HMG has grabbed  a chunk. All my international carrier packages attract nothing plus they arrive a lot faster than USPS.

No wonder people in this country will screw the taxman any chance they get. This government (and all governments) screw us all the time. In the meantime all the rich classes get away with minimal tax by paying accountants to screw the taxman... legally!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived