CornerCarver

• Member Contributer

Hmmm, y'all didn't send money to these guys I hope, lol.

Not good ...

Why would you hope that no money was sent to help develop and launch a product and provide those who funded it with a significant discount from MSRP when the product hits the stores?

Why is it not good?

They have been showing beta and later model test units at all the regional motorcycle shows as they finalize tooling for the case that will hold the new camera optics and some related hardware. Stop by a booth and check it out.

Are you two the type of guy who stands in front of the microwave tapping your foot waiting the instant popcorn to be done?

I guess it could be sour grapes that you didn't take advantage of the offer so you secretly hope that somehow the team that is bringing to market fails... *shrug* I don't get it.

DANG.........

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

No not sour grapes, read about too many that do not make it to production. I hope you get what you paid for .

Not good ...

Why would you hope that no money was sent to help develop and launch a product and provide those who funded it with a significant discount from MSRP when the product hits the stores?

Why is it not good?

They have been showing beta and later model test units at all the regional motorcycle shows as they finalize tooling for the case that will hold the new camera optics and some related hardware. Stop by a booth and check it out.

Are you two the type of guy who stands in front of the microwave tapping your foot waiting the instant popcorn to be done?

I guess it could be sour grapes that you didn't take advantage of the offer so you secretly hope that somehow the team that is bringing to market fails... *shrug* I don't get it.

It's been a month since they requested mailing addresses for the Swag Pack & T-shirts - has anyone received them yet? If so, did the bluetooth and / or BRC come with it?

Maybe that explains why i received a box with 20 plus Tee's, headsets & BRC's from these guys!

Not sure why they all came here? :unsure:

J/K I haven't seen a thing either. :goofy:

BR

• Member Contributer

No not sour grapes, read about too many that do not make it to production. I hope you get what you paid for .

Not good ...

Why is it not good?

I know there are kick starter or other crowd funding launches that fail every hour of every day.

Before I asked permission to start this thread I had followed FUSAR for more than a year. I had looked into the background of the launch team and their past employment history and accomplishments. I applied to become a test rider for their product.

I may be occasionally willing to risk a small portion of my own money if I think that speculation may pay off in the future but I would never purposely post what I felt was a dubious product offering to the members of this board or the very small circle of people that I can actually call my friends.

It's just not the way I roll so I kind of take these jabs personally as I don't think that either of you have done the research on this company. If I am wrong in that assumption them my apologies. The small but vocal minority of critics of something they either don't understand or haven't researched does nothing to improve the community.

I appreciate that your goal may be to warn others of the impending doom or that the sky is falling but I will be just as vocal in my pointing the reasons that I think the sky is going to remain over some peoples heads.

No offense intended and none taken. This is a VFR family discussion and sometimes we have to clarify why we believe what we believe.

• Member Contributer

I mean it's not like you tried something really crazy like putting a 5th gen engine in a 6th gen chassis.

Courage is a wonderful thing

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Got my t-shirts in the mail today. Hopefully more to come soon. attachicon.gifIMG_20160226_180037862.jpg

Awesome, that is the first swag bag that I have heard of being delivered to our group.

Congrats, I wonder if the same sorting chronology will be used for the first equipment shipments.

• Member Contributer

Got my t-shirts in the mail today. Hopefully more to come soon. attachicon.gifIMG_20160226_180037862.jpg

Awesome, that is the first swag bag that I have heard of being delivered to our group.

Congrats, I wonder if the same sorting chronology will be used for the first equipment shipments.

Mine arrived today as well. I suspect more will report in shortly.

• Member Contributer

FUSAR21 hrs · ? Hashtag SwagPacks ?When your Swag Pack arrives, post a picture of yourself wearing your FUSAR gear and use ‪#‎fusarswagpack‬ - CRAZIEST post wins a free full smart helmet kit with your choice of handlebar or wrist remote! (Contest deadline March 30th 11:59pm. Winner will be announced March 31st at 12pm.) ‪#‎fusar‬ ‪#‎smarthelmet‬ ‪#‎ridesmart‬ ‪#‎indiegogo‬

https://www.facebook.com/fusartech/

• Member Contributer

FYI - I contacted Fusar since I hadn't received any swag and I am thinking of crazy ways to wear it for the contest... may involve cutting into a halter top, stripper pole, & a G-string...

I received some updated info:

I can assure you we're doing everything we can to stay on schedule, and as a gesture of good faith, I'll personally keep you updated on the status of your orders, and as always, don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything I can answer for you. Right now, Handlebar BRC and Headsets will be shipping in mid to late April, and I will keep you posted.

... Wrist BRC's will be shipping in June.

Looks like they are ahead of schedule since the original ship dates were July, weren't they?

• Member Contributer

If they hit their current ship by dates these will be available for TMAC!

... and I never said I was going to be in the G-string & halter top :goofy:

Emailed Fusar just to ensure they had my info and received this response within 12 hrs:

"Hi Rob,

[address and swag selection correct]

Domestic swag packs will be done shipping out by the end of this week, and International swag packs will be out by the end of next week.
I really appreciate your patience, and if there's anything else I can answer for you, don't hesitate to email me.
Have a great day!
-Amie"
Very Impressed with the speed of their response!
They didn't confirm or deny custom t-shirt alterations, so there's still hope Russ! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Just got my swag bag today.... decisions, decisions...

and I agree, Rob... their responsiveness is impressive. Hopefully, it is a company trait they value and will continue to excel at it!

• Member Contributer

Emailed Fusar just to ensure they had my info and received this response within 12 hrs:

"Hi Rob,

Domestic swag packs will be done shipping out by the end of this week, and International swag packs will be out by the end of next week.
I really appreciate your patience, and if there's anything else I can answer for you, don't hesitate to email me.
Have a great day!
-Amie"
They didn't confirm or deny custom t-shirt alterations, so there's still hope Russ! :goofy:

Exactly which email did you use? I have had no response yet this side of the pond.

• Member Contributer

"Hi Rob,

Have a great day!
-Amie"

Exactly which email did you use? I have had no response yet this side of the pond.

I messaged the CEO since he joined our forum... he forwarded my email to the following person:

Amie B. <amie@fusar.com>

Try her first; she has been very helpful and responsive to every question I had.

• Member Contributer

Mine was shipped via US Postal service, not FedEx or UPS. Not sure if that affects international shipping times or not.

Adeyren, My Fusar response came from Amy spelled with an "ie" (amie@fusar.com).

She mentioned their domestic shipments would complete this week and international (the rest of us schlebs) by end of next week (Fri Mar 18) +/- I'd expect.

I'll be looking in my mailbox no sooner than the end of the following week.

• Member Contributer

She mentioned their domestic shipments would complete this week and international (the rest of us schlebs) by end of next week (Fri Mar 18) +/- I'd expect.

Oh good, should be awaiting my return home then! :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Mine has been shipped - in UK now. Even sent tracking info.They also refunded me $139 as i paid full price. Paid $220 in the end.

Full credit to them :beer:

• Member Contributer

I also received a refund for the difference between full price and our package deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo, swag arrived when I got home from this week. Stylish FUSAR t-shirt now gives me two more days to extend laundry day.

Archived