The Snow Will Soon Be Coming

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

sang al Stewart and with freezing temperatures in our forecast, I took puma out for probably her last ride in 2015.

No riding in December-February gives me a tax break.......

So I hope you enjoy some pictures of my backyard :tour:

Aye, it is coming....

l6_zpseivktuiw.jpg

Yeah, plenty centuries old windmills left in the Netherlands.....

l2_zpszru7ebne.jpg

l3_zpsl7vbzos3.jpg

l4_zpsf88lv1rs.jpg

L5_zpspv8gylva.jpg

Work continues for others while I am out to play..

L1_zpsbvj1nceb.jpg

But clouds were gathering alright..... (as I parked up it literally started to rain 10 seconds later..)

L8_zps28jjqeug.jpg

Some dike roads you DO NOT want to swerve off.....

aka "do not miss the apex..." :goofy:

L9%202_zps3lem9j57.jpg

Basking in the last sun :beer:

PB219756_zps0bjoztth.jpg

Your home is spectacular. Thank you for sharing the photos.

A bit flat though :491:

Nice pics.

Very slight fluttering of snow here during the early AM, gone pretty quickly though

I've visited your country an average of once a year for the past 24 years. And often, I visit in late November (unfortunately not this time- but, I was there in July).

The coldest I have ever been was in Seoul in January- but the second coldest is surely Amsterdam, around the next couple of weeks. Something about the dampness, wind and rain seems to just chill you to the bone.

But starting around April, it seems to make up for it. Dutch summers are wonderful. And the roads are very nice, especially on the coastal region and heading up toward Assen. It's interesting to note I've never seen a Dutch sport biker who wasn't fully geared up. Dutch cagers are a lot more predictable than American ones as well.

Enjoy your off season sir. Spring will be here soon enough. For myself, I'm headed out the door right now, in 3 degree C but bright sunshine. Thanks to heated VFR800F grips, and windstopper one piece undersuit! ;)

• Member Contributer

Thanks!

It was about 4C, but make Powerlet 12V glove liners helped a lot (as did the Helly Hansen long johns...)

Most riders were "proper" gear, the HD/HD-wannabees less thoigh.... their choice..

• Member Contributer

Beautiful pics Dutchy. The snow is here in Indianapolis. I hate this time of year. Spring is a long way away.

• 2 weeks later...

The snow is already up at the ski resorts, where it belongs.

Here in the flatlands we are suffering through 40 degree F mornings,

and days that may or may not hit 70 degrees F.

Brrr... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

If you want to ride in Maine, you have to ride around the odd April snowstorm. :)

This was a couple of years ago, when I flew back from 4 months of work, only to have it snow the night I arrived.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/147916515"width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/147916515">First ride of the season</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user46507072">Michael H</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Or like today, even though its been snowing since the beginning of Nov off and on, today was up to 42,(5.5C) so I took the bike out for a couple of hour run as the roads were dry. Just have to be careful as the tires never really warm up.

• Member Contributer

lm_wild_-_4.jpg

?

Genius.

Though that looks like bias track.

I may wait for the radial version to come out. :)

• Member Contributer

lm_wild_-_4.jpg

?

Do they make that in an 8 spoke version? :goofy:

I like your thinking !

Turns out they do make an 8 spoke version of it!! Bolts right up - no mods required. :laugh:

8%20Spoke%20track%20%20II_zpsghlslmul.jp

• Member Contributer

If you want to ride in Maine, you have to ride around the odd April snowstorm. :)

This was a couple of years ago, when I flew back from 4 months of work, only to have it snow the night I arrived.

First ride of the season from Michael H on Vimeo.

Or like today, even though its been snowing since the beginning of Nov off and on, today was up to 42,(5.5C) so I took the bike out for a couple of hour run as the roads were dry. Just have to be careful as the tires never really warm up.

I went for a very short ride today, in town, to pick up some stuff for work. After I got home, the wife and kids and I hopped in the truck to go find a Christmas tree with some friends. In town there was nothing but rain, but up in them there hills not more than 30 km's (and 500 meter or 1200 ft rise in elevation) from the house we had 4 feet of snow. The kids thought it was fantastic and we had a great time tobagganing and having a snow ball fight. In town, close to the lake, we rarely get much snow on the ground during the winter, but go up in elevation a couple hundred feet and the difference is unreal.

post-25028-0-13643100-1449456081.jpeg

Funny thing is the past weekend the temp record of warmest during the time mesurments has done was made where I live, December and +11C, now last June , half as year back as it was supose to be summer it was +10C! I sure would not minde some snow here to light up in the dark time whit only 6 hours of daylight, and I know up north in my country they don´t have daylight right now................

• Member Contributer

yeah! roll on Christmas!!!

largeddssdd.jpg

Equality!! so here for our female members

sexy_santa-2.jpg

and LGBT's may choose from either image! :cool:

• Member Contributer

lm_wild_-_4.jpg

?

Do they make that in an 8 spoke version? :goofy:

I like your thinking !

Turns out they do make an 8 spoke version of it!! Bolts right up - no mods required. :laugh:

8%20Spoke%20track%20%20II_zpsghlslmul.jp

I like it !

• Member Contributer

yeah! roll on Christmas!!!

Equality!! so here for our female members

sexy_santa-2.jpg

and LGBT's may choose from either image! :cool:

Hey! You didn't have permission to post my pic there! That was for your own use and your wife's!!

Oh well. It's out now...

But I do like the way you think about Christmas...

C

Archived