Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Neophyte moment, in need of some additional background information. Being new to the forums and VFR ownership I am not certain why I would need a new header on a 1999 VFR. Power increase? I was thinking of having the ones on the bike powder coated this Spring. Thanks in advance.....

Look at this, red line Motad headers (effectively 98/99 bike headers) on my 2000 model. Green line with TBR headers, note how with the big bore headers the power just keeps rising !

post-24524-0-94892600-1448184644.jpeg

• Member Contributer

I'm also in. VFR 2014 (euro style = your deluxe type) ... but would need to ship to France

Tyga will,ship anywhere in the world, they already do for all there other products, checkout their website, they make some amazing stuff. You can see the quality of heir work on the RVF400 & NSR750 exhaust they make, they are things of engineering beauty !

Neophyte moment, in need of some additional background information. Being new to the forums and VFR ownership I am not certain why I would need a new header on a 1999 VFR. Power increase? I was thinking of having the ones on the bike powder coated this Spring. Thanks in advance.....

Look at this, red line Motad headers (effectively 98/99 bike headers) on my 2000 model. Green line with TBR headers, note how with the big bore headers the power just keeps rising !

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

This is what I like to see :) the flatness of this curve looks like my rotrex curve :)

Everything needs boost!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I wish I could tag the motad representatives in this post. Just to rub their face in it, after they were talking all that crap about losing low end torque etc...

These eBay header companies are so full of it. Delkivic/motad etc.... All they do is make excuses on why they are too lazy to make a real performance header. They say that it will lose torque etc, really they are too lazy to do anything other than copying the factory header.

9456625a5d52126cdff438c122cc07d9.jpg

So, how do I put my name on the list?

Also, I may have missed it in this thread but they are being created for direct bolt on for 6th gens correct? I followed the two brothers thread but it has been a bit since I have read the 90ish pagesagain.

• Member Contributer

Also, I may have missed it in this thread but they are being created for direct bolt on for 6th gens correct? I followed the two brothers thread but it has been a bit since I have read the 90ish pagesagain.

I update the list when I get a chance... my day job gets in the way sometimes. When you say you want your name on the list I take that to mean you are willing and able to pull the trigger with the $600+s/h in the early part of 2016 when Tyga is ready to execute the order... are we on the same page and aligned on the timing and expectations?

The headers will be a bolt on performance upgrade for VFR800s and will have O2 sensor bungs, center stand stop, and stock header discharge location... as noted earlier, the 6th gen has a better primary tube layout and the set-up bike for making the jig will likely be a 6th gen.

• Member Contributer

If they do use the 6th gen for setup jigs, how much work will it be to adapt that header to fit a 5th gen mid pipe and muffler? Will I have serious issues with my '99 getting stuff to fit?

I update the list when I get a chance... my day job gets in the way sometimes. When you say you want your name on the list I take that to mean you are willing and able to pull the trigger with the $600+s/h in the early part of 2016 when Tyga is ready to execute the order... are we on the same page and aligned on the timing and expectations?

The headers will be a bolt on performance upgrade for VFR800s and will have O2 sensor bungs, center stand stop, and stock header discharge location... as noted earlier, the 6th gen has a better primary tube layout and the set-up bike for making the jig will likely be a 6th gen.

Rush2112, yes I am able and willing for the first (quarter?) of next year.(as long as Visa works :cheerleader: ) I know you have been at this a long time WELL DONE!

A few more questions on these particular headers:

Do we get to see the/a prototype before making the final purchase or is this going to be a "sight unseen" type of purchase? (I have looked at some of the other items Tyga has on the sight including the VFR400 headers and everything seems nice, some things look amazing)

Can't Tyga give us an fairly accurate estimated shipping cost at this time? Things like individual shipments or a partial (sharing) container?

Will we be buying direct from Tyga initially or from yourself?

Am I correct in my thinking that I will also need a power commander of some type when the cat is removed from the system but that is it? I have a 2008 non ABS.

Rush2112, yes I am able and willing for the first (quarter?) of next year.(as long as Visa works :cheerleader: ) I know you have been at this a long time WELL DONE!

Do we get to see the/a prototype before making the final purchase or is this going to be a "sight unseen" type of purchase? (I have looked at some of the other items Tyga has on the sight including the VFR400 headers and everything seems nice, some things look amazing)

Can't Tyga give us an fairly accurate estimated shipping cost at this time? Things like individual shipments or a partial (sharing) container?

Am I correct in my thinking that I will also need a power commander of some type when the cat is removed from the system but that is it? I have a 2008 non ABS.

I have had stock headers, Catless Motad headers and now two brothers racing headers. I can tell you that a tune isn't really necessary with normal catless headers, but if these come out anywhere near as good as the two brothers / erion headers were, you are going to want a tune. It will be okay to putt around and ride to a tuner, but you will want to get a real custom tune asap. (I am betting that these will be better than the 2 bro headers ever were)

• Member Contributer

I appreciate your commitment and enthusiasm!

I don't have any info on the specifics around shipping... it may be more cost effective to crate ship 10-15 headers to me and I redistribute throughout U.S. while members in other geographies would receive a direct shipment from Tyga; this is speculation at this time, I don't know how we will work out the logistics yet.

My offer and pricing for 10 headers was well received by Tyga; when they are ready to execute developing the header and producing it in 2016 we will discuss the details... our initial order may be 20 or 30 headers at that point; a lump sum payment may provide the best pricing. I offered to put up $6k for the first 10 and I have discussed this with the first 10 on the list, but honestly, I would prefer if everybody could pay for their own... perhaps Tyga will be willing to do something similar to RapidBike and set-up a method for us to pay individually. I will discuss this with Paul when they are ready, until then all the details are in the first post.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this performance header adventure for the past couple years!!!

Thank you rush for putting this together and seeing it through. I know I don't need a header right this second, but it is very comforting to know that when my 20 year old two brothers header finally falls apart, I have the option to buy a new true race header. The fact that Tyga is making it is just icing on the cake!

• Member Contributer

Congrats RUSH,

Good things.....come to those that wait & wait....

well done, you can add me to this list pls.

I agree with you about payment, that is if it could be organized as the RAPIDBIKE group by was

Cheers .

• Member Contributer

I have access to a dyno jet 250i with the eddy brake system for testing and working up maps>

• Member Contributer

Thank you rush for putting this together and seeing it through. I know I don't need a header right this second, but it is very comforting to know that when my 20 two brothers header finally falls apart, I have the option to buy a new true race header. The fact that Tyga is making it is just icing on the cake!

You need to find yourself a solid but maybe cosmetically nicked up "backup" bike and put some Tyga headers for it. That way you will have an excuse to buy them now instead of waiting until Tyga has stopped producing them and they become the most scarce aftermarket headers of all time. You will have a bike to ride while you have the CRRC46 torn down for whatever upgrade or weight loss idea you want to work on and you will also have a guinea pig to try stuff on without putting the CRRC46 in jeopardy. :wink:

• Member Contributer

5TH AND 6TH GENS have the same outlet location and angle. Mid pipe and muffler won't be effected.

Thanks for getting back on that. Good to know for sure.

On 11/24/2015 at 7:56 PM, tbzep said:
On 11/24/2015 at 6:04 PM, CandyRedRC46 said:

Thank you rush for putting this together and seeing it through. I know I don't need a header right this second, but it is very comforting to know that when my 20 two brothers header finally falls apart, I have the option to buy a new true race header. The fact that Tyga is making it is just icing on the cake!

You need to find yourself a solid but maybe cosmetically nicked up "backup" bike and put some Tyga headers for it. That way you will have an excuse to buy them now instead of waiting until Tyga has stopped producing them and they become the most scarce aftermarket headers of all time. You will have a bike to ride while you have the CRRC46 torn down for whatever upgrade or weight loss idea you want to work on and you will also have a guinea pig to try stuff on without putting the CRRC46 in jeopardy. :wink:

Lol will do!

I am hoping that Tyga never stops producing them. The Idea is that if Tyga comes through and makes a real header, hopefully it will put Delkivic/Motad/Sandy's/Black Widow/ebay knock off Header etc out of the VFR800 header business. Hopefully after the Tyga VFR800 header has been out for a while, every one with ebay headers will catch on and trade up. I am thinking that in a year or so, the market will be flooded with generic catless vfr headers and people will be buying the Tyga headers like hot cakes.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is concerned about shipping just go to the Tyga website open an account I added a set of headers for a vfr400 to my cart and clicked checkout and it gave me shipping options the price to Toronto Ontario its $102 to $153 and there's even a $57 option. That being said I'm in for a pair

• Member Contributer

For those who know way more than me...

Any concerns with mating a Leo Vince SBK evo2 set of cans to the Tyga headers?

I only ask as when I replaced my OEM cans, the Leo's did NOT need the OEM gasket where the downpipe meets the CAT output... which makes me assume their piping may be a slightly narrower diameter. _IF_ this is the case, would the Leo downpipe be a restricting point, and negate the benefits of the higher-flowing header?

Or is there another reason that I am missing that the Leo's don't need the OEM gasket?

post-25792-0-61286800-1449413102.jpg

• Member Contributer

For those who know way more than me...

Any concerns with mating a Leo Vince SBK evo2 set of cans to the Tyga headers?

I only ask as when I replaced my OEM cans, the Leo's did NOT need the OEM gasket where the downpipe meets the CAT output... which makes me assume their piping may be a slightly narrower diameter. _IF_ this is the case, would the Leo downpipe be a restricting point, and negate the benefits of the higher-flowing header?

Or is there another reason that I am missing that the Leo's don't need the OEM gasket?

attachicon.gifIMG_20150815_194039.jpg

To answer your question the collector exit will be about the same size as the stock collector with the gasket. For example, the stock muffler would slip fit onto the Tyga collector without a gasket. The collector is larger to accommodate the exhaust gas flow dynamics of the larger primary and secondary tubes.

This is an excellent question and has come up before in a PM to me. The header specs are well documented in the original thread and in the first post of this thread noting the 2" collector tubing size and that this project is for Tyga headers only. If your current mid-pipe is not designed to clamp over the OEM exhaust gasket (~2" OD) your mid-pipe may not clamp to this header. In this situation the owner will need to evaluate, and if necessary, look at mid-pipes that will accommodate the larger exhaust collector output of these performance headers... likely a 2" tubing that will fit most slip-on muffler inlets with a 2.25" tapered end or 2.25" tubing slotted collar welded on for clamping to the collector output.

This performance header project was difficult enough in getting a quality exhaust manufacturer to agree to make the headers and I don't want to jeopardize the relationship and commitment by Tyga by pressing for more then what they have agreed to make. I will bring up the mid-pipe to Tyga when they are ready to execute the project, but currently this project is for performance headers only and that is all Tyga has offered to make at this time.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the clarification Rush as the Staintunes (for 6th gen anyway) midpipe also go on w/o the gasket. I'm assuming putting an adapter that steps down from header to aftermarket exhaust is less than optimal. Are most people planning on running stock exhaust or is it just that these smaller tubes (like staintune) are the exception in aftermarket mid-pipes?

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the info guys, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and if a great solution for the rest of the exhaust system presents itself I may join the purchase squad. A great (dream?) solution would be dual outlets under the seat I'd settle for an awesome can though.

• Member Contributer

As far as the link pipe diameters go, if you have one smaller than 50mm you are already restricting the flow but not by much !

You can just take it to an auto exhaust shop & ask them to expand it to fit the Tyga headers, the gain is mostly in the headers !

Archived