Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

Confused? LOL    SMH. yea I get it, why I decided to go the way I have. Now I know whats going on.
  It's all good. Yep, Gabe is Rampage fab.  I'm just me. ;)

And for clarification (to us not knowing who makes what) , are you the guy behind the gofundme project?

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'm at maybe - I have plenty going on already and if I grab the CBR1000r coming up, I'm not gonna be that concerned about uping the viffers hp. 

Funny you say that.   When I hear back from Gabe from a message I left,  I was just thinking the info I gather would make for a great start.   ;) 

• Member Contributer
On 3/15/2017 at 10:07 PM, RVFR said:

Funny you say that.   When I hear back from Gabe from a message I left,  I was just thinking the info I gather would make for a great start.   ;) 

Yeah, at this point what we need is more information from the builder.  I wrote a lengthy message that wasn't quite to the point, but the following questions need answers:

Is the gofundme required for this project to proceed? 

Should donors expect any benefit, other than the good will of the community?

Who is assuming what risks on this project? 

What guarantee do we have as a group that orders will be fulfilled? 

What guarantee does the builder have that he will be paid?

How are transactions going to be handled, as a group or individually?

I'm excited that this project appears to be moving forward, but a bit leery at the same time.  We are talking about something that has been kicked around for 2+ years with no concrete results yet, irrespective of the reasons.  Hopefully all this can be hashed out soon.

• Member Contributer
On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 2:01 AM, CandyRedRC46 said:

I had no issues fitting the two brothers header onto my sixth gen if that helps.

Did you have any issues with the mid-pipe? 

MadS,   Those are all great questions  I'd rather create a new thread for the ins - out on details ,  but for now I'll explain your questions in order as I see them .

Short version;

Gabe has Rampage fabrication. Back ground is for the most part exhaust and inter cooler builds for turbo powered JDMs  with lots of experience.10+ years.  I've known Gabe since he went to school with one of my sons,  great kid that has a good head on his shoulder.  He's more than capable of handling this build.  

Go fund ?  Nope, one doesn't need to get into the Go fund me. It would be nice, but not totally necessary. If.   The thought was if there was enough solid interests with a donation, that would confirm this is a good project to move on. But? also know folks here have waited a long time and have heard this before.  Why I'm taking matters into my own hands. For me, its more about will it produce the results similar to the Erion and 2Bro.  TYGA has no intention to let you know if it does or not.  

For those that have contributed to the go fund, there's definitely a kick into the price of the header.  

So far, Me, Gabe and a few Go fund me folks are at risk.    Knowing that,   I have no reason to fail here,  except maybe in what the end result will cost.  Bottom line is,  this is a hand made custom exhaust made one ofs following the 2 Bro & Erion design.   Now that I have a 2Bro, there's not much in the way of guessing.  The mandrel bend build part (if)  won't be known until after the proto type is finished and I have the HP numbers I'm looking for.   In that it will still be a hands on build as the mandrel part only takes some of the welds out of the build. which takes some time out of the equation. equaling costing a bit less. Maybe?   So unless there's some unknown coming from behind,  I see where this won't happen other than maybe take a bit longer.  LOL  like that hasn't all ready happen.  

Group Orders?   Yes I like that,  but that depends on the size of the order, 10-20 no biggie get in line.  100?  with Gabe at the helm that might take a bit longer of coarse, only thing that can be said the sooner in line on a monetary commitment the better.  After Gabe sees all there is to this build,  that will tell us what's that time line,  that will also tells us the costs.  Again this won't  be known till one is made up. 

Gabe and I go back a bit,  no way I'm I putting him into a corner.  He's been burned before. He knows whats at risk. But sees a good opportunity here as well. Hes taking My word  from me telling him the interests are real here. I'm I wrong?   But Money unfortunately speaks louder than words.    Another reason behind the Go fund me. I was going to front the whole build on the proto type,  but my work hasn't hit full stride yet this year for me to do that.   Again figure the Go fund me is a good way to get a feeling if there's something to this.  That there would give Gabe a boost of confidence for how this is playing out.  So if you guys are on the ball, there really shouldn't be any reason for Gabe to not do his do diligence . 

Leaning on a individual base, on the order / purchase,  knowing VFR owners are all over the place,( shipping)  which all have a different agenda. Then there's which version too,  5th gen,  6th gen? Or?     

Hope that helps.

I should know more later in the coming week on how the jig is coming along,  there has been talk Gabe may mock up the first one free hand, IDK,  we've just talked briefly about time vs, this and that.   It's coming together though.  Now the question is do we get ready for a 100 plus,  or just a couple dozen? Or?    I think the answer will come once folks see what the proto type does  ;) 

Just in case it's been missed,  in this thread here is Gabe at work on another 2Bro.

• Member Contributer

I saw his other build and it looked really nice.  I was thinking that even a scale of 20 headers, hand assembled as such, would be kind of time consuming to the shop.  I realize that even if a group of people push money at his doorstep, it might not be in the best interests of the shop to decline other (possible repeat) customers during the time to take care of us.

I'm glad the gofundme is a little more clear now.  If there is some accounting for who donated what (especially larger amounts) and even some partial compensation toward purchase of the final product, then I will go put my money where my mouth is.

The group order has benefits and pitfalls.  If all the money is there for a certain number of headers, then he knows how much production scaling to accommodate and that there is definite interest in the project.  However, this adds complications of accounting, shipping, and other logistics issues. 

As far as 5th vs 6th, are we just talking about the exit location?  Sounds like if the system is fairly true to the original tbr system at the rear collectors, there shouldn't be an issue with CCT clearance.  It may be possible to make basically the same system with a different tail piece after the final collector.

• Member Contributer

I have our dyno available for testing in Nashville if that is of any help>

On 3/17/2017 at 8:57 PM, boOZZIE said:

Did you have any issues with the mid-pipe? 

Yes, the outlet/collector of the Two Brothers header, is at a slightly different angle than the normal 5th/6th gen headers and the mid pipe that comes with the full system matches this angle much better, but being as I have a 6th gen and not a fifth gen, the mid pipe put the muffler in a weird spot (like a high to mid mount) so I had to cut the mid pipe, cut my slip on and merge them together, to put my muffler under the seat where it belongs.

Just Two Brothers open header

https://youtu.be/H-zZAgHjGIs

Two Brothers header and Two Brothers mid pipe (uncut) 

https://youtu.be/0wBAnG7Wxa8

Two Brothers header, with cut Two Brothers mid pipe, merged to Two Brothers slip on.

https://youtu.be/OwDXzJXctdw

If you look carefully at 0:28-0:30 you can see where the cut is positionsed, a couple inches up from the header outlet.

https://youtu.be/J_BhLLZVo0w

Later on I had everything ceramic coated, to look good as new, protect everything and reduce heat.

Small update here,  still IMO I don't have enough info to start a new thread,  but it's coming. That said, I received the unattainable today,  so now the header build will shift into second gear.

Fun Fun Fun....DSCF0937_zps9fgabbix.jpg

• Member Contributer

FWIW, I'll put $50 towards the header pipe development, but I want all of it used for that and not as profit to a company called GoFundMe.

IOW if you'll PM me your snail mail address I'll send a check. You can deposit it, keep until the header project needs it, or if nothing happens

and you don't use it, tear it up. Your choice.

PM me if this works for you.

Who is making the headers? I've only read the last couple pages, and I've seen Gabe, Tyga, CC, Two Brothers, and no real confirmation as to who is making the headers unless I missed it.

If I could get some more information on this, then I'd be happy to get a set. Here are my questions:

Would headers without the O2 bungs be possible?

How about a full exhaust option?

Anything I need to do on my end?

I see there is a GoFundMe. Is that still active?

Do we have any information on the headers?

Where will they be made?

If possible, I'd also like to donate as FJ12Ryder recommended. The more money that goes straight to development and not to taxes, fees, etc., the better.

Today I just started a new thread being this one has,  IMO run it's coarse.

To help things along here, I'll answer your questions the way I read them.

Gabe, a high end fabricator, is actually doing the hands on creation. I'm orchestrating the process  and handling the R&D and working the funds do to just that,  along with taking the funds for orders and answering questions as they come about.  As it stands now,  this first round is to find out just what will work fitment wise and the numbers in a performance increase needs to be right.  Then once all that R&D  is done a final price can be made,   The target goal is $800.00 but depending on how it goes will say for sure.  Then there's shipping to where ever.

The headers will at first have no 02 bungs,  but there will be an option for that for the 6th gens, or,  if so desired,   a side note, this will be  center stand user friendly.

Full exhaust could be an option. only $$$   Gabe and I have talked about this,  as the exit will have a 2' OD and most stock systems only have a 50mm that matches the stock outlet.  So there's that to see if there is enough interests vs. making up an adapter.  I'm running around options in my head as I have a Stainetune that's staying put,  but as it is now, it won't fit.   

On your end?  Nope  ;)

The Go fund me is up and usable,  but just recently I'm leaning on having available a direct way of taking contributions via a web site.  Hopefully sooner than later , I'm  looking at what options there are in that. Till then,  drop me a PM and will work it out.

Basically making replication from the 2Bro header that's a proven design   I'm a bit more motivated now as i just landed the unattainable , taking the guess work out of what there truly is,  just not hearsay.

They will be made here in Olympia Wa. US of A

Archived