Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

• Member Contributer

I don't believe this sh*t is still going on, how can anyone come up with such a stupid statement, that Rossi put Marquez's front brake on, get a life for fook sake.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I guess that's why they(MotoGP officials) would not let Honda release the Honda telemetry . Come on boys face the facts.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2015/october/honda-data-shows-crash-caused-by-rossi-kicking-marquez-brake-lever/

• Member Contributer

I guess the why they(MotoGP officials) would not let Honda release the Honda telemetry . Come on boys face the facts.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2015/october/honda-data-shows-crash-caused-by-rossi-kicking-marquez-brake-lever/

Yes I have also read this, but that still does not prove that Rossi Knee applied the front brake, not forgetting of course that all Motogp bikes have a front brake protector.

• Member Contributer

Of course it would require a contortionist to look intently at MM93 while slowing your speed and running him to the edge of the track to then look back ahead while simultaneously kicking the minuscule portion of the front brake lever that is not covered by the guard so obviously VR46 did not kick the brake lever.

He did "kick" or "push" Marquez away as they made contact and the impact of Vale on Marc's forearm caused the spike in brake pressure that HRC noted and the resultant front wheel lock and down on your ear.

I like both racers and respect what they have accomplished but I cannot imagine what VR was thinking in taking them off the racing line. I would have an issue with anyone who did that.

Flame away.

• Member Contributer

I guess the why they(MotoGP officials) would not let Honda release the Honda telemetry . Come on boys face the facts.

Yes, even I thought there had been a kick, just from watching the race at the time. Hardly anyone still believes it, though, having now seen the video angles now available... Honda declined to release the telemetry (after promising journalists they were going to) because they realised it would prove nothing (or would prove that Marc caused his own crash, perhaps). Dorna's action happened much later, after Honda had already decided not to release the data.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Yes, even I thought there had been a kick, just from watching the race at the time. Hardly anyone still believes it, though, having now seen the video angles now available... Honda declined to release the telemetry (after promising journalists they were going to) because they realised it would prove nothing (or would prove that Marc caused his own crash, perhaps). Dorna's action happened much later, after Honda had already decided not to release the data.

Ciao,

Honda did not decline, MotoGP ask them not to release the data.

• Member Contributer

Immediately after the Sepang race, HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto said: "The data acquisition from Marc’s bike is available if anybody from Dorna, the FIM or media want to check." But, on 5 November...

The Dorna announcement last week simply confirmed Honda's decision from November.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Immediately after the Sepang race, HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto said: "The data acquisition from Marc’s bike is available if anybody from Dorna, the FIM or media want to check." But, on 5 November...

The Dorna announcement last week simply confirmed Honda's decision from November.

Ciao,

"The team had initially said they would release the data which they say proves that Rossi kicked Marquez off his bike, a claim which Rossi denies and was not proven by race direction, before the final race of the season but postponed this in order no to interfere with Rossi’s appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Announcing a further postponement of Marquez’s telemetry, Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) team principal Livio Suppo said in quotes which appeared on crash.net:

I’m sorry, also this time we don’t make you happy. This time it is not our choice [not to show the data], it is FIM and Dorna asking us to not put more fuel on the fire. We respect their ruling in this sport and so we accept their request. As we have said, sooner or later we would like to show this data. We said when we think it is appropriate.
, which is very sad for us because I personally cannot believe how people do not believe that Marc was desperately trying to win that race.

"FIM President Vito Ippolito has confirmed in a statement that the onboard data from Marc Marquez’s Repsol Honda at the time of his clash with Valentino Rossi at Sepang will not be released publically.

Honda had originally said that they would release the information, but retracted the statement when both governing body FIM and race organisers Dorna asked them not to in an attempt to cool the feud between Rossi, Marquez and their respective fans.

Now, in a statement by Ippolito, the Venezuelan has reiterated the need to calm tensions, and has confirmed that the information will not be released.

During the last competition in Valencia, Team Honda informed us that they had all the telemetry relating to the incident. Now the data are in our hands, and Honda and the FIM have decided together not to release them so as not to fuel further polemics."

"The dispute was brought before the CAS and the case is now closed. It is true that at the end of the season the polemics around the Rossi-Marquez case swelled to unprecedented levels. For that reason, we asked all the people involved, including the teams, to refrain from engaging in controversy about what happened in Sepang. “

Honda top boss Shuhei Nakamoto claimed at the time that the data showed a deliberate impact on Marquez’s brake lever by Rossi, something denied by the Italian.

“The data from Marc’s bike shows that even though he was picking up the bike trying to avoid contact with Valentino, his front brake lever suddenly received an impact that locked the front tyre, which is the reason for his crash. We believe that this pressure was a result of Rossi’s kick.”

• Member Contributer

A spike in brake line pressure telemetry data does prove intent, "...data showed a deliberate impact on Marquez’s brake lever..." This statement is speculation; Marquez could have pulled his own lever trying to brake, or Rossi's action could have caused Marquez to pull on his brake, or Rossi could have somehow used his mad Ninja skills to slip past the brake guard and hit the lever, or a combination of all these and others led to the spike in brake line pressure...

When I was watching the race the first thing I thought was he kicked his brake... now I think Marquez was preparing to brake and dive back underneath Vale... and Rossi, seeing this in Marc's eyes, was pushing off to to initiate his direction change to prevent the sneaky pass when all he was trying to do was have a word with him... Rossi inadvertently pushed on Marc's forearm and bar, which surprisingly, when he looked back to see Marquez on the ground... Vale thought, well good thing no one was watching...

• Member Contributer

This will run forever, but to me it's simple. Having watched the replay many times from all angles in slow motion.

Marquez had the bump protection bar end same as everyone else, so should not be possible to accidentally brake, he was going to have to run off track, but deliberately steered into Rossi, who pushed out with his knee.

Now if we accept that Marquez was trying to interfere in Rossi title attempt, then he deliberately dropped his own bike in order to kill Rossi's title hopes due to race directions usual lack of. Strangely Simoncelli got much harsher treatment from race direction than Marquez, for much less ! Yet the Honda poster child got nothing !

• Member Contributer

Ciao,

"The team had initially said they would release the data which they say proves that Rossi kicked Marquez off his bike, a claim which Rossi denies and was not proven by race direction, before the final race of the season but postponed this in order no to interfere with Rossi’s appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Announcing a further postponement of Marquez’s telemetry, Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) team principal Livio Suppo said in quotes which appeared on crash.net:

I’m sorry, also this time we don’t make you happy. This time it is not our choice [not to show the data], it is FIM and Dorna asking us to not put more fuel on the fire. We respect their ruling in this sport and so we accept their request. As we have said, sooner or later we would like to show this data. We said when we think it is appropriate.
, which is very sad for us because I personally cannot believe how people do not believe that Marc was desperately trying to win that race.

"FIM President Vito Ippolito has confirmed in a statement that the onboard data from Marc Marquez’s Repsol Honda at the time of his clash with Valentino Rossi at Sepang will not be released publically.

Honda had originally said that they would release the information, but retracted the statement when both governing body FIM and race organisers Dorna asked them not to in an attempt to cool the feud between Rossi, Marquez and their respective fans.

Now, in a statement by Ippolito, the Venezuelan has reiterated the need to calm tensions, and has confirmed that the information will not be released.

During the last competition in Valencia, Team Honda informed us that they had all the telemetry relating to the incident. Now the data are in our hands, and Honda and the FIM have decided together not to release them so as not to fuel further polemics."

"The dispute was brought before the CAS and the case is now closed. It is true that at the end of the season the polemics around the Rossi-Marquez case swelled to unprecedented levels. For that reason, we asked all the people involved, including the teams, to refrain from engaging in controversy about what happened in Sepang. “

Honda top boss Shuhei Nakamoto claimed at the time that the data showed a deliberate impact on Marquez’s brake lever by Rossi, something denied by the Italian.

“The data from Marc’s bike shows that even though he was picking up the bike trying to avoid contact with Valentino, his front brake lever suddenly received an impact that locked the front tyre, which is the reason for his crash. We believe that this pressure was a result of Rossi’s kick.”

Yes, and? As Llivio Supo said, in your quote above, "this time it is not our choice [not to show the data]". The first time (in November), it was Honda's choice not to show the data. So nothing has changed. Honda initially said they would provide the data, then reneged on that promise. Nearly two months later, the MotoGP organisers allegedly said "please don't release the data", which was exactly what Honda was already (not) doing! (I think the "something even more happened" he is referring to is the Valencia race.)

We don't know what the data proves (if anything), but Honda could have released it any time between Sepang and last week, and yet chose not to. You can read into that whatever you like. Personally, I think if the data actually proved Rossi "kicked" Marquez, Honda would have released it in November. Witholding "the proof" could only needlessly prolong this whole sorry episode--didn't Honda want to end the controversy?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

As already been said many times before, this is not over, by any means, As regards to Rossi kicking Marquez, after watching the footage over and over again, Rossi pushed Marquez away from him with his Knee and thigh, a natural reaction, which I think most of us would of done the same thing. However Rossi's biggest mistake was letting his mouth go before the race, all that should of been sorted between both Honda's and Yamaha's Management, and if need be Dorna. I am really concerned for both riders safety, when the season kicks off, [pardon the pun].

• Member Contributer

Baz was lucky... at that speed it could have been much worse.

MM93 still holds the "bucked off" land speed record during a Free Practice.

• Member Contributer

Amen .

Archived