Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

• Member Contributer

I think MM still likes and wants to fight and maybe sees the 50 point spread a nice enough cushion that he can play with. Based on the post race interview, both VR and CC seemed to like it the scrapping very much. I was actually really surprised to hear that coming from Rossi, but he really seemed to be having fun. He also said that he feels the point spread is too far and that he's just looking to get on the podium from here on out. 

Anyway you look at it, it was great to watch, something that the top class has been missing for a long time!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

I think MM still likes and wants to fight and maybe sees the 50 point spread a nice enough cushion that he can play with. Based on the post race interview, both VR and CC seemed to like it the scrapping very much. I was actually really surprised to hear that coming from Rossi, but he really seemed to be having fun. He also said that he feels the point spread is too far and that he's just looking to get on the podium from here on out. 

Anyway you look at it, it was great to watch, something that the top class has been missing for a long time!

Hell yeah! the Viper46 wants to dice it up with ScrappyDo93 to heave him down some races. Only takes a few "Spills", oops!

Kudos to Viñales and Suzuki!!

At last a race with passing. I almost got wood. Marquez had cerebral flatulence with serial brain farts starting from the very lights going out (a poofteenth of a nanometer from taking others out in a very Iannonesque fashion). The latter assuming the relevance of Stoner's famous quote "Your ambition outweighs your talent"... again. Someone give that Ducati to emmm... Lorenzo!! Oh, yeah, right, they already are!

Maverick was hummin' MC Hammer in his helmet. He was so far away he was no longer even under the Earth's gravitational pull!!

It surely took a pair bigger than a buffalo's for Cal to take it to second place after seeing the crash of the first lap on his monitor in the pit box and his recent bun freshly out of the oven.

Baz has just used one of the nine lives these cats are afforded on donning the MotoGP moniker. Seeing him flail about like a rag doll, obviously unconscious across the grass and back onto the track sunk my heart down through the floor. It only started beating again when his hand could be seen to rise up out of the cloud of medics to reassure us he would live to tell the tale. Full merits to the medical team for their rapid intervention.

200 km/h at that point?

Shame for Eugene after such a wicked start off the first grid. That image of him leaned to full tilt out wide but with the pace and the line to cut Rossi off at the pass was classic road racing savy as only he knows. Not that 12th is an embarrassment, but it saw my wishful thinking light up with the idea of "Crutchrocket" and "Laverda" on the podium.

Can I get an amen?

• Member Contributer
On 9/5/2016 at 5:23 AM, Skids said:

Yeah, but SO much faster than any other make/rider???

It was a perfect storm for Suzuki - cool and dry conditions, a less abrasive track and the exact tire choice. Good on them.

Meanwhile 3 Hondas in the top 5 on a dry track. Have they figured something out because I don't think that's happened in a long time

23 hours ago, JZH said:

On the other hand, I was glad to see MM take so many risks for seemingly little purpose...

After all, that 50 point lead isn't going to erase itself!  :goofy:

Ciao,

Agreed! I wish he would drop a quick 50 just to make it even more exciting. i'm good with that just didn't make any sense to me. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Man oh man, where to start. Can't remember the last time there was so much excitement across all the races for the full session.

Too bad for Sam Lowes. It was great seeing him get back into form after a bit of a lull.

Congrats to Vinales for a clean sweep to the end. Wonder if he is going to start thinking about whether he's making a mistake moving to Yamaha. He could have gotten Rossi's seat in a couple years.

It was jaw dropping to see Cal fight with MM. Both were on it. Guess that's the only way VR has a chance at getting back in the title chase. Draw MM into a fight and push until one or the other makes a mistake. And when you have two riders who try to immediately retaliate, it's amazing that neither hit the pavement.

Wonder what they use to clean rubber off of leather...

• Member Contributer

This season's MotoGP is definitely making up for last year! This year has also been a year for record setting rides. 

• Member Contributer

Didn't watch Moto 3 but Moto 2 & GP were fascinating.

Shame for the Brits but a spectacular ride from Dani.

Great to see VR duffing up JL and then staying ahead of him but kudos to JL for admitting he simply didn't have the pace.

Lorenzo is officially a BITCH.

To hear him whine about Rossi's pass. Definition of sore looser.  Soft, Spanish, BITCH.

"For me, he didn't need to do this overtaking. He was better today, he would've passed me anyway sooner or later. He didn't need to be so aggressive on me, I think. But, anyway, he will have another opinion, of course."

.....when Danny "better safe than sorry" Pedrosa is making more daring overtakes than the "world champion"............you get.........BITCH.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/rossi-lorenzo-odds-over-aggressive-180117899.html

Lorenzo will be blaming Rossi for race losses 5 years after Rossi retires.....................

He is a petulant cock, and for the first time ever, I understand why he is consistently and vocally boo'ed when he is on the podium.

• Member Contributer

Well, annoying he may be, but he got Rossi to accuse him of "100" dodgy overtakes, which is not really true.  They are in fact very rare for Lorenzo--for the specific reason that he usually clears off at the front: there's usually nobody left to overtake, dodgily or otherwise.  Who is the most aggressive rider is not really an important question, but IMHO the clear front runners in that category have to be Marquez and Iannone, followed by Rossi (among the MotoGP top ten).  It's a big, fat, "meh".

The best thing to do with Jorge is to ignore him.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

If you watch the last race of MM's debut year in the MotoGP class you can clearly see JL being overly aggressive IMO. He even runs Dani off line once. Although I am not a JL fan, I do respect his riding ability, you don't become a multi world champion in the MotoGP class only due to luck. However, I think the pass that VR did with JL was not as aggressive as DP had done to all 3 riders, not that it was overly aggressive, he had a lot less room than VR did.

I had gained a little more respect for JL based on how performance last year but based on his comments yesterday, he lost most of it again.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Jorge who????   :goofy:

I think you're confused...The way Valentino pronounces it might make it more familiar to you..."Whore-gay"

• Member Contributer

I know the record shows my thoughts on DP and Puig's manipulation of HRC over the past decade but Dani put in a masterful ride yesterday.  Kudo's to Pedrosa.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Duc2V4 said:

I think you're confused...The way Valentino pronounces it might make it more familiar to you..."Whore-gay"

I thought he said it like....Yor-geh.

Pedrosa_Haters_69_San_Marino.jpg

They picked Jorge.

The essence of Hayden's words is the same, "haters talking crap". I'm not a Lorenzo fan, but they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Less women's weekly and more racing analysis.

• Member Contributer

Anyone else think it's about time to change the Moto2 format to something else?  Easily the least interesting of the three classes.  What's its point?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, JZH said:

Anyone else think it's about time to change the Moto2 format to something else?  Easily the least interesting of the three classes.  What's its point?

Ciao,

It is due for a format reboot. Initially there were multitude chassis suppliers and it looked like the class could be the future but noow to get sponsor money everyone is migrating to the winning combination and less development is occuring.

I know we want more competitive racing but I would like to see something apart from a spec tire/chassis/engine class as Moto2 is becoming.

• Member Contributer
On 9/12/2016 at 4:13 AM, JZH said:

Well, annoying he may be, but he got Rossi to accuse him of "100" dodgy overtakes, which is not really true.  They are in fact very rare for Lorenzo--for the specific reason that he usually clears off at the front: there's usually nobody left to overtake, dodgily or otherwise.  Who is the most aggressive rider is not really an important question, but IMHO the clear front runners in that category have to be Marquez and Iannone, followed by Rossi (among the MotoGP top ten).  It's a big, fat, "meh".

The best thing to do with Jorge is to ignore him.

Ciao,

I don't remember Rossi saying "100 overtakes", but I do remember him saying to Jorge that he has passed aggressively as well.  And he is correct.  When Jorge passes aggressively, it's just fine, and an excuse is given.  When it's done to him, he cries about it.  He is the sorest loser I've ever seen in this sport.

Rossi was asked, about Dani's pass on him, much earlier in the Q&A of the post race press conference.  While dejected at the home loss (he lives 3km from the circuit), he said yes it was aggressive, but also said normal in the last laps, and "For me is Ok."  Also said "THIS IS RACING."  Pissed he got beat, but was honest and said normal, and part of the game.  For me is Ok.

Then Jorge gets asked about Rossi's pass on him, and cries.  Remarkably, both passes in question were very similar.  One rider passes aggressively, and forces the other ride to sit up.  Rossi accepted it, even though he didn't like being beat on the day, Jorge whined.  Jorge said that only Rossi does this, which is a lie.  Rossi pointed this out stating that last race, Marquez passed him ten times like this, so he can't be the only one.  I've seen Jorge do this every year in this sport, Marquez passes aggressively, Iannone does as well, and even Dani Pedrosa put in a hard pass on Rossi, this race, for the win. 

Rossi also said earlier in the press conference that Misano is one of the more difficult tracks to pass at so this is all understandable.

If you don't like it Jorge, quit and go fishing.  He got booed because of his hand gestures on the podium last season.  And because he was in Misano. 

There are few more intimidating atmospheres in motorcycle racing than the MotoGP race at Misano. Unless, of course, you are from what the regional government refer to as Motor Valley, the area which stretches from the Adriatic coast and the up the Po valley towards Milan. The fans are fiery, passionate, and vocal. If you are not a local, to come here and race is to enter the lion's den.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2016/09/12/2016_misano_motogp_post_race_round_up.html

Italians hate Spaniards, and vice versa.  The fans are more bitter rivals than even the riders.  This is to be expected in sport.  Deal with it or go home.  But whatever you do, quit moaning and complaining. 

Archived